Looking at Trailblazers to replace the wife's car, What do i need to know about them?

They are pretty decent, buy a spare coil and keep it handy, they are not real expensive but i replace them all the time.

My father-in-law has the long one, an 03, 4.2. Over 200k and other than eating signal bulbs its been trouble free.

This may help you. See attached.

Attachments

• chevytrucks_trailblazer_brochure_en_CA.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
You may want to check out:

Buick Rainier - Same thing, but nicer and has a 5.3.
Saab 97-X - Same thing, but very nice looking and comes with a 4.2, 5.3, and even a LS2 if you can find an Aero.

saab_9_7x_500-thumb.jpg

9-7XDashKit_l.jpg

I honestly wanted a 97X, but couldn't find an Aero. I would have settled for a 5.3i, but there were no good ones around.

My wife has a 2007 that hasn't had any problems. I would suggest looking at them and making sure there is enough room for the kids in the back. We have 2 little ones (1 and 3) and with the car seats there is not much room. I have to move the seat up to give enough room for getting the kids in and out with the forward facing car seat. They do make a trailblazer ext which has 3 row seating that folds down. They stopped making those in 2006. I wish we got one of those. We run out of room quick when going on a vacation and have to take all the kids things.

I have an 06 2wd I ordered in early 06 it has dvd side airbag curtains sunroof the rain sensor wipers an all ... pretty much everything except awd and navigation it has 92k miles now Ive only had to replace the ignition switch.
First ive heard of the coil failures if i do id go msd :D ive had a tune on mine since 3k miles .. it went 13.87 without it. It drives like a car around corners and it doesnt feel topheavy and still pretty comfy over 145 mph :D

from what ive read on all the tbss board 06 had a problem spining the #6 rod

and when u start adding power you will need to upgrade the transmission parts = like our turbo regals

TRAILBLAZERSSOWNERS.com is where you can go for more info

i know im in Dayton but a lady I know at my office told me today she was going to sell her 04 with only 37K on it .She lost her husband resently and is going to sell outright from what i remember it is in new condition .it is a medium to light green color
something like this if i remember right
1-01E7353D-33E1-466E-BF6B-527FEFE4B214.jpg

i keep showing her Trailblazers and she keeps looking at Tahoes and Yukons :mad:
Same here we test drove 1 but she didnt like it said it dosent have much more room than her alero etc so i guess were getting a tahoe or perhaps a 2500 burban when the time is right...

You may want to check out:

Buick Rainier - Same thing, but nicer and has a 5.3.
Saab 97-X - Same thing, but very nice looking and comes with a 4.2, 5.3, and even a LS2 if you can find an Aero.

saab_9_7x_500-thumb.jpg

9-7XDashKit_l.jpg

I honestly wanted a 97X, but couldn't find an Aero. I would have settled for a 5.3i, but there were no good ones around.

tha sabb looks like chit imo the tbss looks 10x's better and why does the aero have 5 less hp than a tbss an cost 45k ? for 45k u can get a loaded new srt8

Not so good experience..

I had 2 Chevy Trailblazers- both of them Company Vehicles a 2002, and 2006. I put over 110,000 miles on both of them. Then, had the option to buy them, but passed on the offer.

6 cylinders both of them, and both had issues, especially after 70k miles

Tailights would constantly go out on them. Uses an electronic LED pad, and sometimes would just go out, like a dead bulb. There was a recall, and it was performed for this happening on them, but mine still would have it happen anyways.

Check Engine Light problems. All the time it seemed.

Alternator pulley whine. My pulley went bad, and it sounded like I had a supercharger on mine. Another recall later.

Finally, icing on the cake- my driver side window wouldn't go down. It was controlled by the switch in the driver side door, and that whole switch module was extremely expensive. Needless to say, it was a dealership only ordered item, and also had to be somehow programmed for it to be installed.

4 wheel drive sometimes would lock up for no reason. I didn't even touch the switch.
Driveability problems after 80k miles.

We had a choice this year for new comany Vehicle. Jeep Gran Cherokee and Chevy Traverse.

I went with the 2010 Chevy Traverse last year. It is an all wheel drive, and has an extra bench seat for 7 passengers. I have to say, I have 26k miles on it so far, and not 1 problem yet. I totally love it so far.

I highly recommend the Chevy Traverse. :)