Look what I found.......

How sad is that???? Thanks for rescuing him. Are you going to adopt him?

We recently put our cat down and we ended up adopting a cat from a rescue shelter. The cat has feline HIV which probably would mean no one would take a chance on her. Did some reading up on the disease and it really isn't that big of a deal so we took her in. She has turned out to be a great cat and glad we did it.

kirban 2 cents worth

We have a great indoor cat that I caught one nite on the street we used to live on when she was about 6 weeks old. Would fit in your hand. She is a wonderful pet very picky eater won;t even touch human food.

Also have two other strays that we also brought to our new house when we moved. They live quite good in my heated bldg with an easy little swing door to go in out. Means putting blankets on the cars since they sleep on them.

I member when we had a garage sale at the old house and were moving several people wanted to actually buy the one outdoor stray. We call her smokie as she is grey and white not a popular color. Whenever I am outside she is rite there with me.

I come home at nite she comes out of the pole bldg to greet me. My wife comes home and she don't come out. Its like she knows the sound of my cars.

Pets are great, never hold a grudge, don't make many demands, just as was posted above, they just don't live as long as we would like. Most men won't admit they cry, but when you own a pet and its that "time" its tough.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Cats are low maintenance....

All kids need a dog...............:biggrin:
Will not be long and this one will be eating prime rib too.

Pics

Good Luck.

Boys learn all the good qualities from their dogs.

So while we're posting. This is Sage her death sentence from the local animal shelter was commuted. Previous owner didn't want her any more. She has reformed and is doing "honest" bird dog work now, even though it took a lot of work to get her there.

Attachments

• ne_al_preserve_20071229_016.jpg
    ne_al_preserve_20071229_016.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 418
Good Save. I'm sure the dog thanks you.

My 3 dogs are all rescues as well. Probably more on the way since I do live in the country and see dogs running loose/abandoned all the time. Truly sad what people do.

Russ,

You and my wife (and others here as well) are just alike.
You have a heart the size of a Mack truck.

About a month ago she resued a yellow lab from the side of the road. She appears full blooded so we took her in and tried to find the owner. No luck so we kept her and named her Jessie, which she immediately responded to.

3 weeks ago we figured out she was pregnant as she was putting on too much weight (among other things). Judging by how far along she was, she was pregnant when my wife rescued her. No telling what mix the puppies would be. We figured the chances of her having Lab puppies were about as good as winning the lottery. There are a number of dogs around here that roam free.

Last Monday, Jessie gave birth to 10 Lab puppies. 5 solid black, 5 solid brown. Males and females are divided equally but opposite between the colors. She had to have been bred and got out. Strange noone was looking for her.

I need to go buy lottery tickets.....

subscribed. good save Russ. my wife and I are considering adopting a dog we recently saw at a shelter. she read this thread with me and the water works started.

We got a dog from the APL 10 years ago. He was 4 at the time. One of the best dogs I have ever seen. He is Shepard and Collie mix. Now he is starting to lose it. He won't go outside, stumbles around the house, trips over his own feet, etc. Still loves a head rub, which looks funny because he tilts his head to the side. He has very few teeth, so his tounge hangs out like Oddie. He always listened, protected the house, even trained our "bad" puppy at the time how to behave. He seemed like he was thankful. It took him no time to warm up to us. It took along time for hime to warm up to my friends. He felt cornered easily with strangers, but jumped in the back of a Jeep and rode home with me in the back with him no problem. It is sad, he is getting old, might have to put him down. He had a problem last fall (I can't remember what it was called), where something swells in the ear, causing loss of equalibrium, so he walked sideways, even eventually just layed around with his eyes spinning around in his head. He walks better now, but isn't the same. He has bad hind legs and can't control his bowels sometimes.
My cat was found under our company tow truck with her brother. Another tech and I took them home. The cat is the weirdest cat I have ever seen. She can love on you, but you can't pet her if she is sitting or laying. She bites. If you touch her sometimes, she will bite you. If you touch her with a cat toy, she does nothing, touch her again, she bites. She has her moments, but they have to be on her terms. She loves to smack the dogs, and try to trip the old dog walking down the hallway. In the morning, she is on the counter. When I make my coffee, she is there getting her pettings. She waits until I walk away, then she bites my elbow so I spill my coffee. She has done this for the last 5 years. She will admire you from across the room, wagging her tail and squinting. She jumps up and bites the little dog's butt or neck when she laying down. The little dog is Rottweiler/ Cocker Spaniel. She is about 22lbs. Lays around all day and loves everybody, not a single mean bone in her body. She will rub her face in the carpet and "talk" to the cat. The cat looks like she is in disbelief, and smack the dog on the head, and the race is on. The funny part is the dog is 10, and the cat is 8. They act like they are a puppy and a kitten. My GF says the cat has the same hot/cold personality as me. I guess that is why we understand each other.
It is sad to see a neglected animal. It is good to see so many good hearted people.
Sorry for the ramble, just got me thinking and laughing to myself.

Boys learn all the good qualities from their dogs.

So while we're posting. This is Sage her death sentence from the local animal shelter was commuted. Previous owner didn't want her any more. She has reformed and is doing "honest" bird dog work now, even though it took a lot of work to get her there.

UHHHhhhhh YOUR KILLING THAT POOR DOGGIE!!!! Taking it Chukar hunting! EVERYONE knows that you hunt Chukar the first time for FUN......but every other time after that is for REVENGE!!;) :biggrin: I use to Chukar hunt every year in Eastern Washington. Early season was a BLAST, 'cept for the dang rattle snakes! (stepped right into the middle of a snakle pit one year. stood there and saw about 15-20 of them dang things. I HATE snakes!)

Good job saving that dog, Russ. I would have 10-15 of them if I had the room. My wife would back an 18 wheeler up to the pound if she could. Here's my new Gordon Setter. She'll be getting a new pal, soon. I have a Llewellin Setter now that is 18 (yep eighteen:eek: ). It's getting close for her "time":frown:

Attachments

• Copy of March 2009 039.jpg
    Copy of March 2009 039.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 311
UHHHhhhhh YOUR KILLING THAT POOR DOGGIE!!!! Taking it Chukar hunting! EVERYONE knows that you hunt Chukar the first time for FUN......but every other time after that is for REVENGE!!;) :biggrin: I use to Chukar hunt every year in Eastern Washington. Early season was a BLAST, 'cept for the dang rattle snakes! (stepped right into the middle of a snakle pit one year. stood there and saw about 15-20 of them dang things. I HATE snakes!)

This was on a preserve since there are no chukar in alabama (no quail for that matter either). She was Deathly afraid of quail, SHe could smell them and would walk around a quail deliberately avoiding it. My guess a bad experience with quail and an e-collar. The Chukar was part of the therapy. As you can see it worked.

Now that the desire is there we need to work on the hard mouth. She guts the birds by squeezing them now.

As much as I love dogs I'm glad I don't live in the country.
Between my wife and me we would drag home almost every mutt
we found.

Good job Russ. I doesn't take or cost much to be nice or compassionate.

Well said sir and good for you Russ !!! My wife and I are actually shopping for a little farm so we can bring home and take care of 4 legged critters like that.

Great post congrates to all who allow these animals into there lives.
It seems they do appreciate the second chance.
I have 3 dogs (only 1 is a rescue)

Thanks a lot guys, I'm sure you'd all do the same.......Listen to this one....

Apparently, Wilson lives a few houses away from me. I've lived here 8 yrs and never saw him before. I went to visit him yesterday and today but no one is at the Lakeville animal shelter full time. I can hear all the dogs inside barking but no one is actually there, they must come a few times a day at different intervals. I called the animal control lady and she said Wilson's owners came and got him yesterday. The woman says he's 14 yrs old, and he's loved dearly, crying and all........She's probably crying because she's afraid she's gonna get arrested for animal cruelty. Anyway, I have their name and I'll ask my friendly neighborhood drunk (old dude next door) where they live and I'm gonna go over and introduce myself with a giant bag of dog food in my hands.....

I have a pretty hard time believing he's 14, you would think he'd have some gray/white hair and being so old, I wouldn't think he could survive being so malnourished.....If he shows up at my door again........He's gonna disappear.....Wish I just hung on to him in the first place.....

Attachments

• 100_0528.jpg
    100_0528.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 148
Thanks a lot guys, I'm sure you'd all do the same.......Listen to this one....

Apparently, Wilson lives a few houses away from me. I've lived here 8 yrs and never saw him before. I went to visit him yesterday and today but no one is at the Lakeville animal shelter full time. I can hear all the dogs inside barking but no one is actually there, they must come a few times a day at different intervals. I called the animal control lady and she said Wilson's owners came and got him yesterday. The woman says he's 14 yrs old, and he's loved dearly, crying and all........She's probably crying because she's afraid she's gonna get arrested for animal cruelty. Anyway, I have their name and I'll ask my friendly neighborhood drunk (old dude next door) where they live and I'm gonna go over and introduce myself with a giant bag of dog food in my hands.....

I have a pretty hard time believing he's 14, you would think he'd have some gray/white hair and being so old, I wouldn't think he could survive being so malnourished.....If he shows up at my door again........He's gonna disappear.....Wish I just hung on to him in the first place.....

Get a T Bone Russ and have him follow you home to a way better life... or turn the biatch in to animal control and then go get him
cowboy.gif

This was on a preserve since there are no chukar in alabama (no quail for that matter either). She was Deathly afraid of quail, SHe could smell them and would walk around a quail deliberately avoiding it. My guess a bad experience with quail and an e-collar. The Chukar was part of the therapy. As you can see it worked.

Now that the desire is there we need to work on the hard mouth. She guts the birds by squeezing them now.

My first dog was a Brittany and I love the breed. Most are very lovable but increadibly stupid.:biggrin: If you make a leather bag with steel shot in it and use it for a training dummy it will cure the hard mouth. It did on mine and he was great except when it came for toads. Never could stop him from eating them and getting sick for about a week. I never saw a dog turn green until then but I swear he did. LOL

No way should that dog have been released to the owner. Obviously it has been severely neglected. Owner SHOULD have been arrested.:mad: Was hoping this was going to have a happy ending.

No way should that dog have been released to the owner. Obviously it has been severely neglected. Owner SHOULD have been arrested.:mad: Was hoping this was going to have a happy ending.

BELIEVE ME, I'm not letting this go so easy.......... I'll find him and make sure he's ok....I can't believe they released him to them either.... What a crock!!