Look what I found.......

Russ Merritt

Went for my coffee run this morning and found this guy stumbling down the road. Had I been 30 sec later, I wouldn't have seen him.......I jumped out of the car, followed him down the street till I could see if he was "ok" or not, put my hand out, musta smelled my Huskies and he followed me home. He didn't have the strength to get up the steps, I helped him and gave him a half a bowl of food which disappeared in a hurry. Def don't want to give him too much and make him sick......My girls came out to meet the new guy and I have to say, this is his best day in a long while........What a nice dog!!! They all got along great. Animal control is on the way, I'm gonna see if they'll hand him over to me if no one claims him........ He watched me out the window as he drove away in the animal control van...........:(

Attachments

• 100_0526.jpg
    100_0526.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 717
  • 100_0521.jpg
    100_0521.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 722
  • 100_0523.jpg
    100_0523.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 716
Strays make the best pets. I have often found they truly appreciate you because they understand the situation, and know when they're being given a chance. Good job, Russ.

How sad is that???? Thanks for rescuing him. Are you going to adopt him?

We recently put our cat down and we ended up adopting a cat from a rescue shelter. The cat has feline HIV which probably would mean no one would take a chance on her. Did some reading up on the disease and it really isn't that big of a deal so we took her in. She has turned out to be a great cat and glad we did it.

Attachments

• Zoey.jpg
    Zoey.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 688
well Russ if he comes back to ya he can go swimmin up the lake :cool:

Mark we had 2 cats with the similar colors.. how does a cat get HIV ?? :confused:

Good to see the animals that get a good new home!!

Good for you Russ, that's great! I've got 2 dogs and 5 cats and all are rescue animals. I can't turn a helpless animal away. More people need to be like you.:cool:

They have to hold him for 10 days then we'll see. I'd take him now if they'd let me. He was that good.......I told her DON'T put him down without calling me first!! I'll call her several times over the next week and make sure they know I want him. He didn't fit in the crate they brought him to ride in but she could see he was too weak to be any kind of threat to her. I let her take my Casey's blanket (sorry Case) so he wouldn't slide around the back of the van.......He sept on it for an hour before they came......

I named him Wilson......:D

My sister has a cat just like that Mark.......

well Russ if he comes back to ya he can go swimmin up the lake :cool:

Mark we had 2 cats with the similar colors.. how does a cat get HIV ?? :confused:

Good to see the animals that get a good new home!!

Feline HIV is an immune defiency disease that they get from bites. Pretty common with stray cats. They are just more susceptible to viruses so you they have to stay indoors and away from other cats. You wouldn't know she has it just by looking at her. She was a stray that lived on the streets near where I work and the mailman in the area rescued her and brought her to the rescue shelter.

Russ, people like you are the ones who make a huge difference in the world. Good job man, hope you get'em back!

I rescued an Doberman (Bow) after he was hit by a car a few years back. Needless to say, he went everywhere with me and wouldn't leave my side. Very protective of me too. When he died, it was like loosing a family member...:(

I admire anyone who goes above and beyond....

As much as I love dogs I'm glad I don't live in the country.
Between my wife and me we would drag home almost every mutt
we found.

Good job Russ. I doesn't take or cost much to be nice or compassionate.

I found out where they took him...:)

He's about 15 minutes away in Lakeville. Gonna go visit him tomorrow. I bet he's havin a better night tonight than last night.......

Those rescue dogs make the best pets! We rescued a gold retriever mix earlier this year. She is one of the best dogs I have ever had. It's almost like she is thankful for being rescued.

I found out where they took him...:)

He's about 15 minutes away in Lakeville. Gonna go visit him tomorrow. I bet he's havin a better night tonight than last night.......

We finally got our new dog home to replace the one we lost....... got to love rescue dogs.

Does "THE SHEPHERD" like him:biggrin:

Nice find Russ. Good 4u. Hard to believe how some people treat animals. Sometimes I have a hard time decifering between animal and human these days. I would rather deal with the 4 legged kind then 2.

Ty,

What did you end up with?

Shepherd mix, she is a BEAUTIFUL DOG,,, and apprecites the fact she was rescued. My wife took her to get spayed today... will post pics this weekend,

Thanks for asking Ronnie:cool:

All kids need a dog...............:biggrin:
Will not be long and this one will be eating prime rib too.

Pics

Good Luck.

Good job...

Heres our 2 rescues...

the black one was was found starved and abandoned. Vet says it was 6+ months since the adult teeth were coming in and it wieghed just over 1lb.

Spent alot of cash to fix her up, most teeth were pulled, ear infection etc.
Very affectionate cat and absolutely loves people.

the grey one we picked up from the vet where the black one was being treated. He was a stray about 4 months old. He is skittish but very affectionate too.. They are both over 5 now and weigh 12 and 14 lbs

I always hated cats growing up but my wife converted me..

Attachments

• P_K.JPG
    P_K.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 503
All kids need a dog...............:biggrin:
Will not be long and this one will be eating prime rib too.

Pics

Good Luck.

Hasnt had Prime yet but she is Hell on Pizza and anything else in her road LOL:biggrin:

He is skittish but very affectionate too..

He looks a little nuts in that picture.

We have two domestic cats, they're both going on 15 years each (I can't believe they're still alive). 8lbs (Akira) and 23lbs (Peaches). The fat one loves water, will jump right into a pool if given the chance and very nimble for her size (she's taken down a couple of squirrels). Lately she's picked up what I think is a bit of arthritis, they're both going to the vet next week for their annuals so I guess I'll find out.

How long do cats live for? My kids (3 and 6) are gonna be heartbroken when these two cats pass away...not looking forward to that at all.

Good job...I always hated cats growing up but my wife converted me..

What???...You didn't like *****?:eek: :biggrin: couldn't resist. LOL

My 2 are a little different. My brindle Baby Girl is a rescue my Ex-Boss dumped at the shop when he found her out in a field. She was starved and Extreamly hungry. I gave her some of my breakfast burito and after that she NEVER let me get out of her sight. She has some funny habits. Ever see a wild animal look for mice? She will snuffle until she has a scent and then jump in the air and pounce. It would make you laugh. She even prances when she's let in.
Red is a leftover that some one dropped of at a friend's and I saw her and fell in love. He had 32 in many different pens and since we live in the country people drop dogs off all the time and neither one of us have the heart to kill them unless we have to.
My previous dog was a brindle stray and when I found her she had been beaten, starved, and then thrown out in the middle of a hunting preserve to die. She had Mange and after dealing with it for 3 months and no results I had to put her down. It broke my heart. She would "guard" me when I slept and my roomate came in to get me up after a very long night and she tried to take his arm off. Best dog I've ever owned and after 14 years I still miss her. I named her Dog after a particular John Wayne movie and she lived up to the name in every way.

Attachments

• Baby girl.JPG
    Baby girl.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 496
  • Red.JPG
    Red.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 469