Look what I found.......

Go get 'em Russ.

My wife and I adopted a 13-15 year old shepard from the local pound. He was deaf, partially blind and had displacia. But he was a majestic animal and I just couldn't leave him there to sleep on cold concrete so I brought him home. He was loved dearly for the short time that he was with us. Shep lived with us for about 18 months before the displacia got too bad and we had to put him down. We then adopted a Lab/Border Collie mix from Tennessee that we found on Pet Finder. His name is Boomer and he is now a little over 2. He is laying next to me with both paws on my leg, sleeps in the bed and is one of the kids.
Anyone that is looking for a pet should check out:
Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder

was hoping for a happy ending too. not trying to hijack, but this thread has convinced my wife and I that we are ready to adopt. we're going to the local shelter tomorrow. I called and asked questions about several of the dogs they have shown on the website this afternoon.

will post pics in a new thread when all is said and done.

Good luck Russ, keep posting updates.

You know what Im thinking Russ?Once them boneheads let that dog out w/out hooking him up is that he will be at your house.Their not stupid.He knows where the food is.Have no fear my friend He will be there.

here is a pic of regal. my calico cat that was a stray that had come up while at a friends shop. We had been dynoing a car all evening and after we closed up shop we kept hearing this faint meowing and it turned out to be Her. My buddies shop is located in downtown greensboro with no houses really close so someone must have thrown here out or she wandered there without getting run over. The sad part about regal is my buddy died in dec and i think about him everytime i look at her.

now my other cat i have is named RADAR and he is very loving. He follows me around like a dog from room to room in the house or if i'm out side working inthe garage he is gonna be with me. when i underneath a car working on it he is rite there with me a few feet away watching me. I have had him for 4.5 yrs now and when something happens to him i'm gonna cry like a baby. I got him from a friend who had him ever since he was a tiny kitten so i have known radar all his life and he is going on 12yrs now.

newest addition to the family...

ok, sorry for the hijack, I said I'd start a new thread, but since we're posting pics of adopted/rescued pets already.... :biggrin:

this is "Rex", we brought him home from the shelter yesterday. so far we couldn't be happier with him. the guy at the shelter said he was picked up as a stray in Nov. of last year and then adopted out to someone for three months but they turned him back in because he was supposedly "dog aggressive". We have already had him around 20+ other dogs (at Petsmart, neighbors, etc.) and he hasn't shown ANY signs of aggression toward another dog. Even when a couple of other dogs growled at him, he was cool as a cucumber. He's great with the kids too. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 62