Lithium Battery

I might put this in my GTO, so for those running these..

What model #?
How many years you running the same bat?
Weight?
(It said Group26/16ah/850ca was 8.5 to 16lbs, wow)
Coldest weather start up with the amount of days sitting? (EX 32 degrees after sitting 3 days)
How many restarts/refresh have you done?

I'm a long time Drycell guy, posted on here years ago when I had the tiny BT16 or 20 (around 600ca) they've been great and are light while pretty cheap. They're usually good for at least 3 years if you don't drain it. But after 1 accidental draining, you're on your last life cycle of comfort if you live in colder weather. They'll no longer easily start up in the cold unless you start it up every other day. If you drain it 2x, you might as well pray unless you start it every 12 hours in the cold. Regarding of drains in 0 degrees or below you better start up every day to be safe. I personally ditch them after 2 accidental drains (Talon hatch doesn't always close).

If you're at the pointy end of competition and those xx pounds matter, they make sense.

For a normal car, my take is anything that has to have yet another computer in it to keep it from killing itself when the alternative is literally a dumb pile of lead that'll last half a decade if you abuse it and a decade or more if you just put it on a tender when you're not using it, it's really hard to justify the extra cost right now.
I've never had a new battery live for 5 years for a long time. Since the early 2000s seems like if you get 3 years you're lucky. Seen that with many friends and different brands. I was looking for the weight loss. Again, you would be hard pressed to lose 35lbs of weight off the front end for under $300 with any part.

I've never had a new battery live for 5 years for a long time. Since the early 2000s seems like if you get 3 years you're lucky. Seen that with many friends and different brands. I was looking for the weight loss. Again, you would be hard pressed to lose 35lbs of weight off the front end for under $300 with any part.
My last 3 auto parts batts have lasted to very close to the end of the 3 yr "warranty period".
Last new truck in 2014, the batt never made it a yr.
Delcos were famous for + post rise and swelling up.
Was considering a dry for the 55. A web review of the various mfgrs showed that some the top sellers were not given a good review.

which one did you get Bryan the one that jump start itself so to speak? never need jumper cables again lol.
I got the RS (restart) . It just internally shuts itself off when it gets down to 25% so that there is enough left to start your car. Helpful if you were to leave something on without realizing but more of a gimmick to me.

The restart protects the battery and doesnt leave you stuck😉
It works
We had a car here that had a draw that we didnt know about and it never died all the way down.
There is app you Can use on your phone to see how the battery is doing as well👍
Leaving something on by accident and unknown draws can easily take out the reserve time on any battery

The restart protects the battery and doesnt leave you stuck😉
It works
We had a car here that had a draw that we didnt know about and it never died all the way down.
There is app you Can use on your phone to see how the battery is doing as well👍
Leaving something on by accident and unknown draws can easily take out the reserve time on any battery
Yes, that is exactly what it's for. It's like having a jump without needing jumper cables. I needed to use it once when I forgot to turn the key fully off after testing some wiring. Came back the next day an realized what happened. Pushed the button and was able to start right up.

Yes, that is exactly what it's for. It's like having a jump without needing jumper cables. I needed to use it once when I forgot to turn the key fully off after testing some wiring. Came back the next day an realized what happened. Pushed the button and was able to start right up.
I like the battery protection mode👍

I got the RS (restart) . It just internally shuts itself off when it gets down to 25% so that there is enough left to start your car. Helpful if you were to leave something on without realizing but more of a gimmick to me.
Not a gimmick bro.. I bet you I've used it 8 or 9 times over the last couple of years.

where else can you find a battery on a low 11 high 10 sec. ride that you can keep in place with a zip tie:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• batt.jpg
    batt.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 33
Not a gimmick bro.. I bet you I've used it 8 or 9 times over the last couple of years.
Why have you had to use that many times for? Parasitic drain or leaving something on?
I guess gimmick was the wrong word to use..

left something on..or leaving the car off for months without the battery tender..didnt have one at first.. but basically forgetting something on. when i say coupla years i actually got it 2019 i believe ...so realistically say over 4 years

All my other vehicles i use Interstate batteries from our local alternator shop...im getting close to 5 out of those too

On the App Spool was talking about you can actually set an alarm set point on the app to alert you when it gets below xx amount of voltage. For you to go check out whats wrong...also the health of the alternator cranking amps as well..
1000008955.jpg

My GOSH!!! I didn't mean for those pics to take up a whole page, I did it with my phone while riding with my wife when I got home on the PC looked at the pics are too BIG... Sorry about that. Ill wait til I get home next time to down size them... that's ridiculous!

That little app is cool. I have the sender module too.
I got the module as well. Software loaded on my phone. I will get the battery installed next weekend hopefully. Weather is not cooperating with playtime on the car. It was 45 degrees today when I finally got to take the car out. Being on Alky , not ideal conditions to smack it, but I was able to get the Turnon and Initial dialed in with the new turbo.

What 'ATZ' do you have? Thanks!!!
My GOSH!!! I didn't mean for those pics to take up a whole page, I did it with my phone while riding with my wife when I got home on the PC looked at the pics are too BIG... Sorry about that. Ill wait til I get home next time to down size them... that's ridiculous!