LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE.....Oklahoma GN vs. Ford Race!!

Hey People

Well I just got back and have to say I had a great time.

It was a little windy and cool but the turn out was real good in my opinion. It now looks like the fords are only one up on the Buick..maybe next year we can even it up :D

For the Buicks Lawrence Conley was top qualifier. This was with the car that kept having something go wrong the past 3 year so I guess he finaly proved it will run. Second qualifier was John Smith and his very nice Opel. Third was Austin Kendall and I fell in forth.

I have to take my hat off to the person named Tom who I ran in the finals. He had run his personal best at the track of a 9.50 and I was in the 9.60's. Neither of us cut the tree down but his reaction time was a .626 to my .627 I think I had him to the 1000 foot mark by the time slip and both of us had to look for the little light at the end of the track to see who won. Tom's pass was a 9.642 to my 6.647. I loved every second of the race. Now that's racing.

Anyway Thanks to all the good fokes with the Ok Buick Club for another fine event and I will look forward to next year.

Take Care

Congrats guys! I did my part for the fords, but it was for naught.

I qualified with a 9.5 @ 127 (kept throwing blower belts) then figured it out and ran a 9.0 @ 152 in the finals.

Andrew91GT,

You figured what out? How to take the sand bags out of your car? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! I qualified at 11.63. I am still trying to get a few bugs worked out of my car as well. I turned the boost up 2 lbs and turned the fuel down hoping to get closer to the low eleven mark. Did not work this time. I ran 12.20's at 112 bucking and popping down the track.
I'm glad there was such a good turn out on both sides!

(BTW, I lost on a red light......DOH!!!!!!):mad:

Originally posted by Andrew91GT
Congrats guys! I did my part for the fords, but it was for naught.

I qualified with a 9.5 @ 127 (kept throwing blower belts) then figured it out and ran a 9.0 @ 152 in the finals.

Hey I still beat you to the end of the track with my 10 second car!!!!!.............................;)

Ok I did leave before the tree was activated!!!!!:eek:

I wish I..........well coulda shoulda woulda.......... all for fun!!!

On behalf of the Kansas Big Block crew I have to say that I have never met so many good to talk to mustang guys!!!

Here is a picture of how far I left ahead :eek:
ok1.jpg

Shoot out

Had a real good time.Really long cold day. The team score warmed things up !
Thanks to all who showed up helped and raced.
A special thanks to TurboTR ,his help in tuning my car helped me to a personal best of a 9.44/144 and a third fastest quailifing position at the shoot out.
The final run was a bust,I had blown and intercooler hose,maybe in the burnout?
Lets make two in a row! See eveyone next year.
Austin

The forecast was heavy showers of ford parts with light oiling of the track.They were right on total score 57 buick to 32 ford.We whooped that hiney!There were nitroused mustangs blowing up all over the place.Sounded like cans of jiffy pop.

Re: Shoot out

Originally posted by N2BUICK
Had a real good time.Really long cold day. The team score warmed things up !
Thanks to all who showed up helped and raced.
A special thanks to TurboTR ,his help in tuning my car helped me to a personal best of a 9.44/144 and a third fastest quailifing position at the shoot out.
The final run was a bust,I had blown and intercooler hose,maybe in the burnout?
Lets make two in a row! See eveyone next year.
Austin

i was up on the camera pad on the spectator side and was wondering why it was acting the way it was.

RACEBUICKS that is a fast all motor car, no matter the brand, next time at least wait for the tree to come down.:D

Re: Re: Shoot out

Originally posted by SNEAKY

RACEBUICKS that is a fast all motor car, no matter the brand, next time at least wait for the tree to come down.:D

Hey when the car your racin has you covered by .5 you have to take a chance at the tree and throw everything but the sink at em to win!! It was a cool race anyway so I guess next year I need to be in the single digits so I can survive better!!;)

Re: Re: Re: Shoot out

Originally posted by RACEBUICKS
Hey when the car your racin has you covered by .5 you have to take a chance at the tree and throw everything but the sink at em to win!! It was a cool race anyway so I guess next year I need to be in the single digits so I can survive better!!;)

maybe you could put a fogger on it, we have a friend who believes he will gain a second with just a shot of giggle gas. he has a 455 PONCHO in a 73 bird. this time next year, Andrews car will be running mid 8's hopefully. can you say T88?

Originally posted by RACEBUICKS
SNEAKY

you must have forgot to read my front plate!!!:D

never saw it, you left the line before i had a chance to even see if you where driving a GN or what ;) does it say something about ALL MOTOR BABY?

BTW does anyone know who was driving the 03 cobra who was at the top of the latter? he was one shirting MOFO.

No sandbagging here...

I qualified with an 11.30 and ran an 11.31 in the final. My guy didn't show up to race so I got a bye run. As a bonus, I also won $50.00 for closest to my dial in, again by default.

All in all it was fun, the Buicks had their **** together this year and some of those old codgers aren't too bad to talk too. One guy reminded me of my grandad (God rest his soul) and I thought to myself how cool it's gonna be when I'm in my golden years and still racing.

Brought 2 cars.......got 2 wins! Can't wait 'til next year. Lotsa fun. Even met some pretty cool Mustang drivers!! Can you believe that.:D

Neal, that was the best race of the night.

The mustangs where droping out like fly's. I saw a couple break the rear ends. Did anyone see that white mustang coupe that had the Nitous backfire. Broke the intake completely in half it was ugly!!!

I didn't run my best..but I did win my race with a 10.81@123 1.5060ft.

It was fun as always...see ya next year.

Damn Chris didn't know you were there or I would have stopped by and said hello. I ran a best for my car and it's new combo... 11.3x @ 124.36 mph on a crappy 1.7 short time....not too bad considering the 60' time.