Kirban's Terrible Logistics

horndog

Why does it take 3 days for them to ship out an order? The first time I ordered from them, it took 4 days to ship out the order I thought, well, maybe it was a one-off. Ordered from them again and they gave me a $40 credit from the last "fluke" and it took them three days. I sent them an email asking for explaination CC'ing Dennis, and STILL have not heard a response from

I will avoid ordering from them again.

Never had a problem in 17 years. Maybe the item wasnt in stock? No telling what was going on but they ARE good people.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Denis is good people more than 15 years of good transactions never a problem parts always arrived on time maybe they had to get the parts from a supplier and that was the hold up. He will chime in soon as he is not on here everyday all day he may not even be aware of the problem give him a chance to respond

I gave them almost a week to respond, how much time do they need? nonetheless, what are they going to do for me turn back time and get it right twice?
I CC'd Dennis on the email, so he got the message, besides I have had zero response from them regarding the issue.
If they needed to order them, then why wasn't I notified? There really is no excuse.

I gave them another chance and they still screwed it up, what is the definition of crazy?
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I am new to the TR world, and need a reliable vendor for parts, which is a a long term relationship.

You need to understand that there is going to be delays on some parts....PERIOD !!
Some things are drop shipped from the manufacturers, some things just get overlooked when they are busy. If you need something in a certain timeframe, call them and explain it, give them the chance to tell you that it is either in stock or that it will ship from elsewhere. Some things Im sure are said to be in stock on the computer database but when they get to actually looking maybe the part isnt there , or is the wrong color. Get used to shipping delays...there are only so many places to get parts for these cars. Good luck

Bryan

You need to understand that there is going to be delays on some parts....PERIOD !!
Some things are drop shipped from the manufacturers, some things just get overlooked when they are busy. If you need something in a certain timeframe, call them and explain it, give them the chance to tell you that it is either in stock or that it will ship from elsewhere. Some things Im sure are said to be in stock on the computer database but when they get to actually looking maybe the part isnt there , or is the wrong color. Get used to shipping delays...there are only so many places to get parts for these cars. Good luck

Bryan
So where was that communication if that was the fact? it was a phone order, wouldn't you think they would of verbally told me if there was any challenges to the order?
Any database/inventory issues still lies with the persons that maintain it. The database is only as good as the data that is being inputed and the method of updating it.

Its pretty simple. All I here is what if excuses, and still not one communication from the vendor.

So where was that communication if that was the fact? it was a phone order, wouldn't you think they would of verbally told me if there was any challenges to the order?

Its pretty simple. All I here is what if excuses, and still not one communication from the vendor.
Hey, I am not making excuses for anyone at all...just saying to make yourself clear when ordering. Did you ask if the part was in fact in stock and would ship immediately ? Just saying ...
I have been on the receiving end of this myself, but in looking back I did not make it clear that I needed the parts NOW.

Bryan

Hey, I am not making excuses for anyone at all...just saying to make yourself clear when ordering. Did you ask if the part was in fact in stock and would ship immediately ? Just saying ...
I have been on the receiving end of this myself, but in looking back I did not make it clear that I needed the parts NOW.

Bryan
Why do I need to be clear when it says it is instock? I think trying to make me look like the bad guy is not going to make friends with me. All i did was lay out the facts, and I had an opinion of their service.

If you want to order something from them and they don't ship it out for 3-4 days later without letting you know of their reason, then go ahead. Boy they take your money right away.
It is unacceptable and their lack of communication is confirmation of this.

If this is acceptable to you, then I have some Oceanfront property in Nebraska for sale.

Why do I need to be clear when it says it is instock? I think trying to make me look like the bad guy is not going to make friends with me. All i did was lay out the facts, and I had an opinion of their service.

If you want to order something from them and they don't ship it out for 3-4 days later without letting you know of their reason, then go ahead. Boy they take your money right away.
It is unacceptable and their lack of communication is confirmation of this.

If this is acceptable to you, then I have some Oceanfront property in Nebraska for sale.
I am not trying to make you look like the bad guy, nor am I trying make friends with you. Did you not read the part where I said that I was on the receiving end of this myself ???????
I didnt say it was acceptable either, just said get used to it.....I have only had one dealing with them since 2007 so I am not trying to defend them.

Bryan

I am not trying to make you look like the bad guy, nor am I trying make friends with you. Did you not read the part where I said that I was on the receiving end of this myself ???????
I didnt say it was acceptable either, just said get used to it.....I have only had one dealing with them since 2007 so I am not trying to defend them.

Bryan
Understood.

I have ordered from them twice and it was problem free. I am not sure how long it took before they shipped, but I didn't really need the parts immediately. There are a few smaller specialized vendors for these cars, and I would assume that it may take a day or two to get an order together. If you don't like it, then order the parts from Summit.

That's the problem with living in a the age of instant gratification or what you would call the internet, 3 days to ship out an order to some that might seem like an eternity. I have bought many times with Kirban sometimes there are delays, no big deal it's not like I needed it yesterday. With any collector car parts not just buick, never expect ALL transactions to flow smoothly or in your favor. It's just the way it is with antique and collector cars no matter who the vendor is.

That's the problem with living in a the age of instant gratification or what you would call the internet, 3 days to ship out an order to some that might seem like an eternity. I have bought many times with Kirban sometimes there are delays, no big deal it's not like I needed it yesterday. With any collector car parts not just buick, never expect ALL transactions to flow smoothly or in your favor. It's just the way it is with antique and collector cars no matter who the vendor is.

They have a policy and it was read before ordering from them... Here is an excerpt

All internet orders will receive an acknowledgement email once we receive your order. A second email will be sent once the order is processed and shipped, which will include a tracking number. Most orders are typically shipped within two business days.
I would appreciate you do not use blanket excuses...

It's not an excuse. It is what it is.

But since you find thier delays so unforgivable, remember only you control with whom you spend your money with. Maybe autozone will cater to your needs better and in a more timely manner.

Im going through the same problem as we speak, but the diffrence with me is that i been waiting a month and they still havent sent out my item. a curtisey call would go a very long way, it shows if your a dead beat or a very honest buisnessman. I call them every week and they keep telling me check next week. Well today is one of those next weeks and i will call them later on today and update u on what they have told me. Not trying to knock them but if things are taking this long they definitly should call us before we start getting fustrated and call them. Also i paid for a faster delivery, i guess thats money in the toilet...

I have always found kirban very good I receive my parts in 3 to 4 days and that's shipped to Canada

I ordered from them last Monday and got my parts the following Monday. Took 3 days for them to ship. I kind of figured I would have my parts by the weekend since they are only 3 states away. I have more time on weekends to work on the car so I was a little bummed but no big deal. When I order from them again and I need the part by a certain time I'll just ask if it is possible. If not then I guess I can look elsewhere. They were very nice on the phone and Mr Kirban took the time to call me and answer a question I had so overall I'm very happy with them.

Now a day's the internet parts vendors live and die by response time and shipping fast. I guess we all get used to that. I try and stick with quality vendors and just pre-plan if they are a little slower than the other guy.

I just got my GN and have been reading a lot of threads and Kirban's name came up everywhere, that's why I went to his site.

No one said you had to waste your time on here. call them and handle it sometimes things take time to ship. Im sure they will refund your money, And you can always order from another place but it seems like you will never be satisfied with any vendor if you dont get your parts in one day.

I live about an hour away from them and sometimes I don't get my parts right away. What did you order btw??? Like was stated before some items get sent from different suppliers. I have been up to Kirbans quite a few times and your not going to meet a nicer staff. I understand your issue is one of communication but they do not stock every item they sell occasionally there are back orders but they do keep a good inventory at hand. Just saying you shouldn't discount them cause of this experience.