Kirban's Terrible Logistics

Contacting him on here works a lot better than contacting him via the website. I received an item from him that I never ordered once. Then when I started typing his company contact to send an email I noticed that over the span of about 5 years I had sent the company about 6 emails with questions about parts and ordering on the website (which for whatever reason never works for me) and none of them were ever responded to. I'm not sure if my messages go straight to their spam, or maybe they respond but their messages get caught in some filter on my end. Anyway....I have found that contacting him here gets the best results.

3 to 4 days to ship is completely acceptable. It is pretty sad that in fact that is your complaint.

I can see the other member that’s been waiting a month being upset and he didn’t even start a thread about it. Shit happens

Does anyone besides me remember ordering race parts from catalogs back in the day? Getting your part shipped that week would have been a miracle!

3 to 4 days? Seriously, you’re over reacting. Or, there is an underlying agenda here.

D

So if you said you were going to do something in a certain amount of time, and you did not do it, are you no longer held responsible? It is disgusting that they cannot be held responsible to THEIR policy. It is quite a moot point now as I am the bad guy for Kirban's not abiding by their policy.

You are not the bad guy and as per their policy you are correct. All I’m saying is it took an extra day or two.
People and businesses especially should be held accountable for the things they state.

What was the part/parts in question? Were you in a rush? How long after receiving the parts were they installed?
I feel that will also shed some light on your dispute so as not to be biased for some other reason.

D

You are not the bad guy and as per their policy you are correct. All I’m saying is it took an extra day or two.
People and businesses especially should be held accountable for the things they state.

What was the part/parts in question? Were you in a rush? How long after receiving the parts were they installed?
I feel that will also shed some light on your dispute so as not to be biased for some other reason.

D
No rush, it is the principle that this exact issue has happened twice with no communication from them. Where I have to call them and complain.

I am cool with it being delayed and it is understandable, but you need to communicate to that.

When I have a new vendor where $1 pr $1 million is at stake, it is a test to see if they stand by their policies. As what are my expectations with post sales?

As from what I have experienced so far it would be non-existent based on what I had with the pre sales.

In this line of business you NEED to communicate with your customers as there is only a few of them.

I really don't care if it took a week, tell me ahead of time so I can plan around it

Make sense? Maybe I am an exception, but at minimum I have your ears and you will have this chain on the back of your mind when you order from them again. And/Or Dennis is reading this and making adjustments internally.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So if you said you were going to do something in a certain amount of time, and you did not do it, are you no longer held responsible? It is disgusting that they cannot be held responsible to THEIR policy. It is quite a moot point now as I am the bad guy for Kirban's not abiding by their policy.
Their policy says "most orders ship in 2 days", not all. So if you happen to be the one person not included in "most" they are still following their policy. Not knowing what you ordered, it's possible Kirban's supplier had 1 in stock and had 2 orders come in and your order didn't get filled. I agree it isn't good that they don't contact you if there is a delay, but if the supplier doesn't tell them there will be a delay, it's hard for Kirban's to tell you.

David

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Most orders shipped in 2 days means some take longer. correct.

some of us are find with a 2 to 3 day delay and some are not. Oh well. such is life.

I can understand the gripe. Myself? it wouldn’t have bothered me.

D

Their policy says "most orders ship in 2 days", not all. So if you happen to be the one person not included in "most" they are still following their policy. Not knowing what you ordered, it's possible Kirban's supplier had 1 in stock and had 2 orders come in and your order didn't get filled. I agree it isn't good that they don't contact you if there is a delay, but if the supplier doesn't tell them there will be a delay, it's hard for Kirban's to tell you.

David

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app
So what is preventing them from contacting their customer stating so? Nothing!

Most orders shipped in 2 days means some take longer. correct.

some of us are find with a 2 to 3 day delay and some are not. Oh well. such is life.

I can understand the gripe. Myself? it wouldn’t have bothered me.

D
That is not the point.

I said my peace and my gripe about crappy customer service. I am not going to order from them again unless something happens. Your mileage may vary.
So I am no longer to respond to this as I am the bad guy for looking out and making you all aware.

So i contacted kirbans about my stuff, and i gotz to say they r very polite and he gave me my update and said ill have em by friday,
Reason i dont blow a vien on this, is like what the ppl in this thread are saying, U HAVE TO COMUNICATE!!!! I can understand if there lying to u but as long as u get all the right answers u should be in the fair zone with them, and not bustin neck veins... Also to add when i order from them,i contact them first to see if they have the item in stock or have to order it, or if its in back order, shit happends, but for the most part i recive most of my stuff in a fair amount of time, this is a first where i had to wait longer than before.. Remember our parts are becoming harder to get as the years pass on. Give these guys a chance, they really are on our side..

The manner in which you approach a problem can make a huge difference in the results you ultimately get. If your email to Dennis sounded anything like the anger and bitterness you are revealing here, then right or wrong, it does not surprise me that you didn’t get the response you were looking for. Just reading into your posts here you kinda sound like one of those customers that can’t be pleased no matter what. I’m not trying to bash anyone here or taking sides. Just saying that perhaps your approach to this situation is what is preventing the results you’re after.

Kirban’s is an outstanding vendor but like any other company, shit happens sometimes and sometimes more than once. Does that make them a bad vendor? I think not because their body of work as a whole says otherwise.

Last edited:
Kirban sure does have some loyal customers. It seems like everyone is on his "side". I can see why you are upset and the guy that waited a month AND paid for faster shipping...I would ATLEAST be getting my money back on the additional shipping charges!!!!

You need to understand that there is going to be delays on some parts....PERIOD !!
Some things are drop shipped from the manufacturers, some things just get overlooked when they are busy. If you need something in a certain timeframe, call them and explain it, give them the chance to tell you that it is either in stock or that it will ship from elsewhere. Some things Im sure are said to be in stock on the computer database but when they get to actually looking maybe the part isnt there , or is the wrong color. Get used to shipping delays...there are only so many places to get parts for these cars. Good luck

Bryan
x2....;)

So what is preventing them from contacting their customer stating so? Nothing!

I can understand how you feel. When I order something I need it now. Dennis has most things in stock that are big sellers for these cars. The items that are not big sellers he reorders as needed. If I cant wait for him to replenish his stock I order somewhere else. They do lack a call back but I assume its hard to get back to everyone so I call them...

Lol........have to love the new to the Turbo Buicks and the internet........classic.

Having been into these cars from 1987 till now and owning 4 of them I always get a chuckle out of threads like this.

I have dealt with Kirban since he started his newsletter when it was a single one page newsletter to a little booklet to the weekly internet email and seeing him go from no parts for our cars to the bevy of parts we can get I would say he has a loyal following.

I have dealt with Dennis Kirban since 1987, bought my White Limited from him in 1994 and have had ZERO problems and is probably the most reliable vendor out there and if you do a search I doubt you find but a handful of complaints so congrats you are one of the handful.

If you are not happy with the products or service you get from Kirban, do a search on Bowling Green Customs and other like them who I have seen in 26 years of these cars come in and burn people and get out, yet guys like Kirban are consistent with very little problems if any.

Next time you need parts just call Jegs or Summit and order from them the multiple parts they have for our 26 year old cars, then just stare out the window for the UPS guy to come.

Hope your parts come soon.

Lol........have to love the new to the Turbo Buicks and the internet........classic.

Having been into these cars from 1987 till now and owning 4 of them I always get a chuckle out of threads like this.

I have dealt with Kirban since he started his newsletter when it was a single one page newsletter to a little booklet to the weekly internet email and seeing him go from no parts for our cars to the bevy of parts we can get I would say he has a loyal following.

I have dealt with Dennis Kirban since 1987, bought my White Limited from him in 1994 and have had ZERO problems and is probably the most reliable vendor out there and if you do a search I doubt you find but a handful of complaints so congrats you are one of the handful.

If you are not happy with the products or service you get from Kirban, do a search on Bowling Green Customs and other like them who I have seen in 26 years of these cars come in and burn people and get out, yet guys like Kirban are consistent with very little problems if any.

Next time you need parts just call Jegs or Summit and order from them the multiple parts they have for our 26 year old cars, then just stare out the window for the UPS guy to come.

Hope your parts come soon.
I agree with you 100%. Dennis is a stand up guy and a great vendor to deal with. Him and his crew
have always taken good care of me! Keep up the good work Dennis! Can I get a free t-shirt now...lol! ;)

Christina did communicate with you. She did send you a tracking number. You ordered on a Wed and received your order on the following Tues.

We are in Pa and you are in Wi. That's 3 shipping days. The absolute earliest you could have received the order was Monday. You received it Tues.

Pete
Kirbans

Im going through the same problem as we speak, but the diffrence with me is that i been waiting a month and they still havent sent out my item. a curtisey call would go a very long way, it shows if your a dead beat or a very honest buisnessman. I call them every week and they keep telling me check next week. Well today is one of those next weeks and i will call them later on today and update u on what they have told me. Not trying to knock them but if things are taking this long they definitly should call us before we start getting fustrated and call them. Also i paid for a faster delivery, i guess thats money in the toilet...

Christina will refund any over charge on shipping. Just give her a call.

Pete
Kirbans

Christina did communicate with you. She did send you a tracking number. You ordered on a Wed and received your order on the following Tues.

We are in Pa and you are in Wi. That's 3 shipping days. The absolute earliest you could have received the order was Monday. You received it Tues.

Pete
Kirbans
After I asked for it.. Why does the customer need to initiate communication?
It seems it is a larger problem then just me as I have a bunch of PMs from people voicing the same issue
You have my number, I am not going to have a pissing contest out in forums.

Np phoff, i appreciate the gesture, nothing has changed with us, i will still continue doing buisness with u guys..like i said before on one of my threads ,shit happends...