Just saw a commercial for the new turbo regal

christians87

Just like the title says I just saw the commercial for the new turbo Regal from Buick. Im glad to see Buick is getting a performance luxury sedan like other luxury auto makers have already been making. Kinda wish they would have called it the a Grand National though:rolleyes:. And added some of the past touches like the checker flag in the badges or the turbo six symbol... Ahh well nothings perfect;)!

Buick is getting there again, although I think they have a ways to go before they get into retro/performance like the mustang,charger, camaro and even the gto. GM has probably got a squeeze on buick, but I still have hopes. Even though it probably won't happen, I would like to see a rwd version if they ever come out with a new style gn. If they ever come out with one, I just hope they get it right and it's not a joke.

Im glad they didnt call it a grand national because its nothing like a grand national at least not yet...Mabye if they make it AWD and offer it front drive ,rear drive ,or all wheel and add some retro styling and some nuts then mabye it will deserve the name....

I haven't seen it. Going to see if I can find it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Peter

Edit: Just found this pretty cool video on youtube. :D

[YOUTUBE]8LB9uIewg3I[/YOUTUBE]

Im glad they didnt call it a grand national because its nothing like a grand national at least not yet...Mabye if they make it AWD and offer it front drive ,rear drive ,or all wheel and add some retro styling and some nuts then mabye it will deserve the name....

It shouldn't ever be referred to as a Grand National. The GN moniker was a tribute to Buick's runaway success in NASCAR's top series, then called Grand National. Since NASCAR no longer uses the Grand National name and Buick hasn't been anywhere near a NASCAR track in many, many years, the Grand National name on a new car would have no significance. The Gran Sport (GS) name makes more sense or bring back the "T".

I've driven a couple of these, they are far from performance sedans. Plus side, nice interior, not bad looking, ride nice. Down side, 3700lbs. with 220 horsepower. You can't even tell there's a turbo under the hood. Once again GM misses... Needed the 3.6 V-6 with a twin turbo, AWD. Kinda like the SHO??? Overall not bad, but, I'm waiting for the GS with the 3.6 AWD. It's in the works.

I Seen it.. "Buick....Turbo!....Buick....Turbo!....Buick....Turbo!"...heh (thats how add starts)

Enjoy!

I looked at the new Regals a few weeks ago - they are a small car. Even their "full size" LaCrosse is fairly small.

I've driven a couple of these, they are far from performance sedans. Plus side, nice interior, not bad looking, ride nice. Down side, 3700lbs. with 220 horsepower. You can't even tell there's a turbo under the hood. Once again GM misses... Needed the 3.6 V-6 with a twin turbo, AWD. Kinda like the SHO??? Overall not bad, but, I'm waiting for the GS with the 3.6 AWD. It's in the works.

The performance leaves a little to be desired. 2.0 4 cyl with 220 HP, 258 ft/lb torque. Oh well, at least it's a step forward for Buick. I agree, the styling and interior looks nice. You never know, maybe they will step up the performance in the future. :biggrin:

Interesting video red, apparently Buick needs to step their game up lol!:p Ahh well baby steps I guess. I do agree with some previous comments about rwd. Sure would have been nice :rolleyes:. Anyways about the real gn's et in that video, does anyone think that was a little slow or is it just me? I thought our cars were high 13 sec cars out the box?