just found out !?!

mike.ss

just dropped the trans in my buick on saturday and happend to look up at the driverside of the engine block and happen to see a gm remanufactured block tag after a quick wipe i see that it has been bored over .060 and the rods and mains are .10 over now is this a common thing for a buick 3.8 and can anyone tell me the size of this thing now?

60 OVER??!! Thats definitely not normal.

just bought it about 2 weeks ago so this was the first time under it far enough to get a good look. dont get me wrong it runs great. no complaints there. it had no reverse when i bought it. that is what the tag says .060-bore size under that is main size .10 over and rod size .10 over and thrust size 0.00 i gt a picture tomorrow night when i go back to my buddy's to put trans in

in case your wondering it is a 84 buick regal limited 3.8? 3 speed

The overbore took you from 231.35944938096674 cubes to 238.72321689727505 cubic inches.

So now you have a 3.9119722550199726L engine :)

I saw an Enzyte commercial late at night and those goofy chicks claimed an extra 7 inches really mattered!!

ok thanks. i gess that answers my question.

If its really that much over, Id be hesitant with the amount of power adders I put on. I wouldnt want to push the thing much over 11.50s with that much meat gone. Its thin enough as it is.

what do u mean 11.5 are u talking racing talk ?? this is a daily get me to work car
and that is why i asked if it was normal for this little guy. i am a chevy kinda guy i have no experience with this engine at all. i know that on a 350 that is 60 over when she blows thats it you got ur self a boat anchor

If youre just going to drive it then dont worry about it. If you have any aspirations to race it, I wouldnt want the horsepower to exceed much over 375 with cylinder walls that thin. The crank being turned doesnt worry me as much but Id still be cautious.

You talking about a regular Regal with a non turbo 3.8 since you mentioned a 3 speed trans?

If its really that much over, Id be hesitant with the amount of power adders I put on. I wouldnt want to push the thing much over 11.50s with that much meat gone. Its thin enough as it is.

i love how people on this board talk about a mid 11 second 1/4 mile time as if it's slow or something. that's not something that i see on boards for other cars.. my Nova was maybe a low 12 second car with some traction, and it was plenty fast for me..

novaderrik said:
i love how people on this board talk about a mid 11 second 1/4 mile time as if it's slow or something. that's not something that i see on boards for other cars.. my Nova was maybe a low 12 second car with some traction, and it was plenty fast for me..

In our world...mid 11's is about "1 over par". Mid 10's is par. It's just a fact of our little 6 bangers.
I love it...

novaderrik said:
i love how people on this board talk about a mid 11 second 1/4 mile time as if it's slow or something./QUOTE]
it's slow to a lot of us.

Mine had one to but all standard and all caps was stamped and numbered looked like a brand new engine all gm bearings. Should have put it up but want to go faster. Drove to the store come home called a friend to come pull it out. Should have left it alone o well shit happens.