Jason White, Kevin Hess, Edward Means, David Schaaf....anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo2nr

Looking for info on my recently purchased White T-type.

Was owned by an "Edward Means" in MS.

I think I found him on facebook and some of his Buick buddies.

If Jason, Kevin, Edward, or David can see this post....PLEASE help me!

I am trying to figure out what is the issue with my car.

It will not rev under boost over 5000rpms. Revs much higher if I take off wastegate rod and run zero boost.

Some idiot named Adam Lathem sold me the car and it seems everything he stated about the car was wrong so far.

I think maybe the valve springs are wrong/weak/or damaged.

I need to know if car has roller-lifters, and would be nice to know what cam is actually in my car.

I had paid Cal Hartline to fly to my city to tune my new toy, but it was kinda a waste of thousands due to car not running correctly as Adam Lathem had stated to me before purchase. Something simple is wrong. We swapped coil and ignition and plugs with NEW units at the dyno, but no help.
Otherwise, car is very nice and no other issues now.

Thanks!
Scott Hudson
804-285-0777

If you don't have any luck finding the info you're looking for, I can tell you what I would advise you do..... Take this coming winter (hopefully you have a garage), and tear the motor down. That's the ONLY way you'll know for sure what it has and what it needs.

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I will stick with my original plan and just ask previous owner.

I dunno, but to me this seems a little cheaper and easier than pulling out motor and having cam measured, then re-assemble and install again. ??

Engine runs fine, no weird noises, no smoke. I think just a minor problem and maybe just need new valve springs, or something very simple? I'm not pulling apart the motor yet.

Last edited:
Glad you posted that crucial info that I need.
Big help indeed. :rolleyes:

So I am to take out my cam and rip apart a good running motor, then send cam off to get measured just to see what it is....then pay to re-assemble? Yeah, I'll get right on it.
I think asking previous owner is slightly cheaper and easier, no?
Might be cheaper but you still won't know what you have.
You state it is a good running engine but yet you "spent thousands" to get it tuned and it wasn't running great. Sometimes it is just easier to replace things with known parts so you do know what you have. Suspect valve springs can be measured. Replace the cam if you think it isn't where you want to be. You can measure what it is doing on the engine if you think the cam is good.
Searching up a previous owner, and that owner remembering what they did is a crap shoot at best.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

But things could have changed from when he owned it to the guy that sold it. If you think the guy sold you not as advertised you really think he's going to be honest and tell you what happened and what he changed? I don't know either guys from a hole in the wall but there's still a variable in there. At end of day only way to find out is tear it down...

I think I will stick with my original plan and just ask previous owner.

I dunno, but to me this seems a little cheaper and easier than pulling out motor and having cam measured, then re-assemble and install again. ??

Engine runs fine, no weird noises, no smoke. I think just a minor problem and maybe just need new valve springs, or something very simple? I'm not pulling apart the motor yet.
Why would you pull the cam? If the cranking compression is at least 125 per hole i wouldn't expect the cam timing to be too far off. You can measure the approx lift at the pushrod with an indicator and you can pull the springs and measure the installed heights without removing the engine. If you didn't receive the info with the car then I wouldn't expect anyone to remember what was specifically done. I've fixed plenty of valve float issued without removing the engine.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I am not removing a good cam.
Someone with too much time today suggested it above. ??

I wanted to know if I have roller-lifters or not.
Requires different springs.

Kinda hard to see down in a tiny, dark hole.

I am sure the guy who built the car remembers what he did.
Person I bought car from was only a collector. He has Two garages full of Buicks.
He does not race them, and hardly drives them. Never touched One screw on my car.
He probably lost track of which White T had what parts. He has many White Buicks and a ton of Black Ones, and some Silver Ts.

Had nothing to do with being honest or not.
I never said he was dis-honest to the guy who posted above. He was just ignorant and has too many cars to remember what each has.
I really do not understand why you guys even care or are posting in this thread to begin with?

Beats me? LOL

The guys that hang out with previous owner seem very very knowledgable on these cars.
I believe Jason White ran 8s with a stock block, and all of the names I listed have super nice rides, including mine I bought.

Any of you gotten close to an 8 with a 109?

Jason's handle on here is V6RACER.
I think I will listen to him, rather than speculation from others....OK with you kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.