JAMMED UP PARKING PAWL

TURBOWNER

INDY V6
Have a high HP stage 2 with Bowtie OD freshly rebuilt trans. worked great for about 300 miles and then wouldnt shift into reverse, park, etc. thought I broke the shift cable, but when i got it apart, the parking pawl was jammed. pulled the pan and all appears well. there is a shaft that goes into the vave body and one to the back of the trans...any thoughts on what to pull apart next? has anyone had this happen? BOD says idiots jam their cars into gear with the back tires spinning. i told them i am not an idiot! havent even raced the car at all yet...any help would be appreciated. Bill

Have a high HP stage 2 with Bowtie OD freshly rebuilt trans. worked great for about 300 miles and then wouldnt shift into reverse, park, etc. thought I broke the shift cable, but when i got it apart, the parking pawl was jammed. pulled the pan and all appears well. there is a shaft that goes into the vave body and one to the back of the trans...any thoughts on what to pull apart next? has anyone had this happen? BOD says idiots jam their cars into gear with the back tires spinning. i told them i am not an idiot! havent even raced the car at all yet...any help would be appreciated. Bill
Problem was a broken manual shift valve. The transmission was a couple of years old but not installed until January of this year. We will see how they handle what should be a warranty issue. (361 unraced miles). I'm hoping for the best as they have a pretty good reputation. Just hard to reach anybody by email or phone. I'll post the final outcome.