Is that the jiffy lube label on my seats

"Molly" Sanders came up with it. It represents the 6/b/turbo for the turbo cars. Jiffy Lube is a J with an arrow. No relation.

one of my friends said buick got this design from jiffy lube, isit true

If your friend wasn't an idiot,
he would see the difference. The jiffy lube symbol is in the form of a J with the arrow loop.
The power 6 logo in in the form of a 6 with the arrow loop.

Tell your friend that "yes" jiffy lube did design them... Also, let him know that I may have some authentic- carfox certified- Grand National paint chips available for a low introductory offer.;)

Tell your friend that "yes" jiffy lube did design them... Also, let him know that I may have some authentic- carfox certified- Grand National paint chips available for a low introductory offer.;)

you saw that too? :eek:

Hijacked

Sorry guys,

I stayed logged on at the Firehouse and 1 of the "idiots" posted that when I went on a call.
I think the heat is affecting there heads.

That was not posted by me.
Busyman

Sorry guys,

I stayed logged on at the Firehouse and 1 of the "idiots" posted that when I went on a call.
I think the heat is affecting there heads.

That was not posted by me.
Busyman

That's what I always say too !!! Good answer. :rolleyes:

Do some research and you will find Buick took Jiffy Lube to court because their logo did look like the Power 6.

Jiffy lube was required to change the logo, reverse it, and do a color change. :cool:

You be the judge...

Attachments

• images1.jpg
    images1.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 332
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 323
I've told people yes, Jiffy Lube ordered 20,000 Regals in 1987 and modified them to their precise standards. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one.

I have been asked about the Jiffy lube thing before, it tweeks me to no end.:mad:

This thread is absurd! Jiffy lube had nothing what-so-ever to do with the Buick Power 6 Logo! Everyone knows Buick copied it from the "Flying J" truckstop logo!

A d*ck wad came up to me at Wal Mart 2 yrs ago and told me the history of my car. I mean come on, I've been in a turbo buick since I bought my 1st new one in 1979(sport coupe, Rochester 4 barrel, 350 auto tranny). And he starts off "This is a Jiffy Lube car, yea they had Buick build a bunch of them" ahhh no sir there where no jiffy lube Buicks.... "Oh yes there where, jiffy lube had buick build them for advertising" ..... Dude, I've owned turbo buicks for a long time and believe me what you are telling me is not true..... "oh no, I'm sure that I'm right" at this point I shook my head and got in the car and drove away...... freaken d*ck wad. Did you ever meet someone that wasted a couple minutes of your valuable time, and you wish you could just turn the clock back and walk away before any conversation started?

Chuck

I was lucky enough to buy a twin turbo regal. Unfortunately some f-wad converted it to a single turbo before I bought it!!!!:mad::mad::mad: