Irwindale Report!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Brent ran the following 6.99,6.96, & 6.93 @99 MPH having traction problems mid track I suspect that he will run some 6.80's @ 100 mph before the night is over. Way to go Brent!

Brent ran the following 6.99,6.96, & 6.93 @99 MPH having traction problems mid track I suspect that he will run some 6.80's @ 100 mph before the night is over. Way to go Brent!

Congrats to Brent he is finally learning how to drive, tune and Launch that car way to go dude, great numbers. :)

The temp was just right tonight.. congrads on the times Brent, it was looking good going down the track.. just keep it together for Sundays event :)

side note: Ray went two 7.04's passes on 17* timing and 22 psi.. we are going to have 3 ten sec GN's running at Fontana. Ooo and a 11 capable one too :)

Update!

Brent blew his engine in the lights. It let go big time.24# boost evidently wasn't enough for him so he jacked up higher & that's all she wrote. 02's were safe & no knock. So he went for it. The engine had been run to death & had over 150,000 miles on the bottom end.I suspect a main cap broke & from what I'm hearing pieces of the crank were laying at the end of the track. So may it R.I.P. He's a man on a mission.What that may be I'm not sure ? Someone let me know? I also suspect that his girl friend will be happy.Now he can pay more atten to her. She's pretty enough to compete with any other woman. But not with his Buick LOL

Was there a lot of cars out there? I haven't had time to get out there for a few months and I miss it.

Ryph

avg turnout... it was cold out there tonight..

BRENT sorry about the BOOM.. take some photos when it comes out...

Was there a lot of cars out there? I haven't had time to get out there for a few months and I miss it.

Ryph
I don't think there was a big turn out because of the rain threat. It started raining in my area about 2.00 pm & I said screw it & didn't go myself.

It went boom big time. Should make a certain someone very happy!

yea.. sounds like it from what brent and ray stated... but you can only push it so far... i know he will be back stronger, so i'm looking into getting a different cam and a 3.5 or 4 in down pipe to try to stay in front of him :p

yea.. sounds like it from what brent and ray stated... but you can only push it so far... i know he will be back stronger, so i'm looking into getting a different cam and a 3.5 or 4 in down pipe to try to stay in front of him :p
I decided to help him out with another engine. I have enough pieces laying around to make it happen. His dream is to make it to bowling Green in march He sure has a lot of spirit & that I admire. Like I said he's a man on a mission. Can't seem to talk him into a V/8 though. Said he doesn't want to be considered a traitor.

nice! now he has a reason to build something killer/ more killer:D As soon as I get the elky to the track, i'll probably end up the same way, as long as the peices dont go through my paint, i'll walk away with a smile:D good job brent, show that engine who controls who!!! pics, pics, pics, pics.......

I don't think that you have anything to worry about. Your car runs hard. Unless I can talk him into the V/8 we pulled out of Bob's car.

Thanks Lou.. i think the 3in DP is holding me back a little...

have him stick with a 109.. not the V8 :(

Hate it when that happens. Just look at it as a chance to make it better and badder.

Thanks Lou.. i think the 3in DP is holding me back a little...

have him stick with a 109.. not the V8 :(
Probably, Try & find a 3.5 Houston pipe some where.That would be my choice. that is unless you have a four bolt flange .Then a
custom one has to be made. I have had to make them on several occasions. A pain in the butt to be sure. It's always easier to just buy something that fits.

Brent blew his engine in the lights. It let go big time.24# boost evidently wasn't enough for him so he jacked up higher & that's all she wrote. 02's were safe & no knock. So he went for it. The engine had been run to death & had over 150,000 miles on the bottom end.I suspect a main cap broke & from what I'm hearing pieces of the crank were laying at the end of the track. So may it R.I.P. He's a man on a mission.What that may be I'm not sure ? Someone let me know? I also suspect that his girl friend will be happy.Now he can pay more atten to her. She's pretty enough to compete with any other woman. But not with his Buick LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA