Iowa Guys?

I ve been here all my life and have never heard of Conesville, will have to look into it. Would be fun just to have a safe, legal place to open it up a bit, you know for tuning purposes. ; )

Conesville sounds like a cool place. Definitely would be good to tune in a controlled area like that.

Anyone know a guy who has a grand national out of Vinton, IA?

One of my buddys said he saw one out there today. All he got was his name, Vince.

Thanks

That's me! Been driving it into work the last couple days. Great Spooling weather!!! Is your buddy the one that has an 81 clone? I ate lunch downtown and saw him pulling up the street after I'd parked and went out to meet him while he waited for a stop light. Nice guy, his Clone looks like a street beast in flat black and big tires.

Awesome ya he's a good friend here in town. He texted me today that he had seen your car. Ya its a pretty clean car. I'm jealous of his flawless paint job haha.

It's funny because he said you mentioned "not seeing these unicorns around much" I was pretty sure that was just mentioned here in the forums so I thought it might've been someone that was on here.

Ya that saying kind of stuck with me from the other day. Pretty darn good description actually.

No kidding. I did a double take on a Cutlass parked in a farmers field the other day. One guy a couple miles from my house has a bunch of 442s. Has probably 6 of them sitting in his yard in various states. He has a couple nice restored ones too so it must be his hobby.

I have mine around CR a lot now that I'm living in Ely. You guys ever want to have a local meet n greet I'm down.

Cowboy, welcome back! You have been quiet for a while. All going well with your showstopper?

I went on the cruise to the woods. Didn't show my car at the show though. A lot of GN at Doliver but not at the car show. Did any one meet up there? That looked like more fun than the car show! I would love to hang with you guys some time. OK follow you guys, my car is slow!

Welcome!! Good to see Iowa is chiming. There was a recent post on one of the turbo regal Facebook pages, about getting a group meet up at Cedar Falls Dragway. Then maybe another meet in the Iowa City/Coralville area. Both during the spring and summer months of course.

There are turbo Buicks all across iowa, handful that i know of including an uncle and some friends.

I'm sure we'll have an opportunity to get something together.

Center Point iowa chiming in just saw this post
Just a couple helpful tips:
Be sure to post in the new member forum. Lots of vendors will chime in and say hello.
Also update your signature with any info you wish to share. It will help others to help you if/when the times comes. Also if you were to buy something the seller can see your set up and know if it won't work for your set up.

Welcome!! Good to see Iowa is chiming. There was a recent post on one of the turbo regal Facebook pages, about getting a group meet up at Cedar Falls Dragway. Then maybe another meet in the Iowa City/Coralville area. Both during the spring and summer months of course.

There are turbo Buicks all across iowa, handful that i know of including an uncle and some friends.

I'm sure we'll have an opportunity to get something together.
Some of us including me are not Facebook members. Do us a favor and remember to post up on here if there is a get together planned. It'd be the only way some of us learn of it.

With the way the weather has been heck im up for meet and greet as long as the wind is not blowing 50 plus mph lol God knows are cars love this weather

I'm sure most of us have our cars put away for the winter or at least I do. Winterized mine before that early snow over Thanksgiving. We're not used to 50s in December! Spring will have some meet up chances for sure.