Iowa Guys?

I threw out Sept 26th as a proposed date. Not sure if there are any power tour conflicts or anything though.

New thread started for Sept 26th meet up in the Midwest section. Would be great to have as many as can make it!

Most Iowa car guys already know of this but for those that don't, Cruise to the Woods is a great way to show off your ride. It would make for a great Buick guys get together.Anyone here planning on this?

http://www.wccruisers.com/

Another Iowan chiming in. Just noticed this post.

Just moved to Cedar Rapids in March. VtheGNMan, that T-top GN you see driving up and down on 380 is someone i just actually met. His name is Justin. Cool guy. I have a t-type which I've had for about 5 years and just bought my first GN in May-July, its untouched so doing all the regular maintenence stuff on it.

Subscribed to this thread for a meet up. Working from home at the moment until next month so my schedule is quite flexible and would be open to have a meetup. Seeing another GN is like spotting a damn unicorn around this area so it would be nice to meet some fellow TR owners from this area.

Thanks for chiming in. Unfortunately we just cancelled the Sept meet up due to lack of response. So much for assembling all the unicorns in 1 spot! But maybe we can still meet up sometime being you are so close. I live out by Anamosa.
I spotted a GN at the Marion Menards this week (it was parked where the workers park) and left my name and # on the windshield but haven't heard anything. Nice you met Justin. I'm guessing he is not on here?

Cruise to the woods is a great opportunity to meet up. Sunday October 4th. Fort dodge. It's a statewide cruise that ends up in ft dodge. See wccruisers.com

Thanks for chiming in. Unfortunately we just cancelled the Sept meet up due to lack of response. So much for assembling all the unicorns in 1 spot! But maybe we can still meet up sometime being you are so close. I live out by Anamosa.
I spotted a GN at the Marion Menards this week (it was parked where the workers park) and left my name and # on the windshield but haven't heard anything. Nice you met Justin. I'm guessing he is not on here?

No kidding.

Hmm not sure who that could be. T-top or hardtop?

Justin has mentioned being on here but I've noticed he doesn't have access to the internet all the time so that could be the issue. Haven't spoken to him in a couple of weeks.

Cruise to the woods is a great opportunity to meet up. Sunday October 4th. Fort dodge. It's a statewide cruise that ends up in ft dodge. See wccruisers.com

I might have to plan on that. I should have my car put back together by then.

It was a hard top GN. Not in perfect shape but regardless, spotted a unicorn! It had 2" tall SE Turbo Stickers on the side opera windows that were quite faded. SE Turbo is pretty old school. Had a tach mounted by the A Pillar too.
Hope to have mine out this next week. Looks to be a nice week!
Turbonut85, Fort Dodge is quite a trek from CR but I'd be more inclined to the QC Gearheads show that day as its a lot close. But can't do either, am busy the 4th.

It was a hard top GN. Not in perfect shape but regardless, spotted a unicorn! It had 2" tall SE Turbo Stickers on the side opera windows that were quite faded. SE Turbo is pretty old school. Had a tach mounted by the A Pillar too.
Hope to have mine out this next week. Looks to be a nice week!
Turbonut85, Fort Dodge is quite a trek from CR but I'd be more inclined to the QC Gearheads show that day as its a lot close. But can't do either, am busy the 4th.
Got it, mines a hardtop but no stickers. All thats keeping from finishing mine is making my mind up on an oil pan gasket. While I have the exhaust off want to get the rear main seal out of the way. Ordering a cork one on monday since i see thats what most have had good luck with and some "the right stuff".

Yeah we've had some perfect turbo weather a couple of nights. Can't wait to get mine together and take it out on a 60 degree evening.

Bought my T from Ft. Dodge, that is quite the jaunt. Too paranoid driving a GN that far out with the original power master.

Fort dodge is only 2-1/2 hrs from CR.....that's nothin. Your cars would make it just fine.

That's true. I drove my GN straight from the twin cities when I bought it so I'm not afraid to drive it. Putting miles on it is what concerns me haha.

I have another idea for a meet up for the CR and Iowa City guy's.

I went to Conesville Iowa yesterday to watch some racing. It's in the middle of a corn field where they used to have motorcycle rally's, They have a pretty nice 1/8th mile track. They quit the rally's and started to let people drag race there once a month. There isn't any time clocks but there is a tree. It's just a bunch of people racing whatever they have. It's pretty entertaining. I didn't go to run my car but after the money races they let anyone get on the track so I made a few passes. I have no idea what I ran and I ate the tires through first and second but the car pulled pretty hard. I did run a guy who got out on me off the line with his slicks and I stayed with him after I got traction and after the race I talked with him and he said his car goes 7.15 in the 1/8th so I kind of have an idea what my car will do once I get to the track which will be next weekend at Eddyville.

Just and idea if anyone's interested. Might be more fun than sitting in a parking lot.