Iowa Guys?

Everyone must be out enjoying their cars! I've been hard at work on mine. Finally got the motor back in and just getting everything reassembled, then will attempt the start up. The cruise in Vinton July 18th is coming fast on the calendar but I still hope to make it by then. If anyone wants to come over for it you are more than welcome! It brings all sorts, from super nice show cars to rednecks in pickups they are proud of. Hasn't be a GN in years I am told.
After I am back on the road I will organize another meet up like the one that fell thru. Maybe we can incorporate a parts swap if anyone has anything they want to get rid of that would be tough to ship. Just throwing out the idea.

I put a spectra GM3C tank in mine about March 2015. I've got about 1000 miles on it and haven't had any issues with the baffling. $128 bucks prime on Amazon.

You will need the filler neck from your old tank. It was easy enough to remove the old and solder in the new. Just make sure you flush it out well before hitting it with some flame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone must be out enjoying their cars! I've been hard at work on mine. Finally got the motor back in and just getting everything reassembled, then will attempt the start up. The cruise in Vinton July 18th is coming fast on the calendar but I still hope to make it by then. If anyone wants to come over for it you are more than welcome! It brings all sorts, from super nice show cars to rednecks in pickups they are proud of. Hasn't be a GN in years I am told.
After I am back on the road I will organize another meet up like the one that fell thru. Maybe we can incorporate a parts swap if anyone has anything they want to get rid of that would be tough to ship. Just throwing out the idea.

Glad to hear you got the motor back in! Sorry I had to bail on ya during my Canada trip. No phone service up there!

No prob man, hope you had a lot of fun! Motor is back in, getting final accessories hooked up etc then will prime oil and try to start up. Definitely nervous to turn the key after so much work if that makes sense.

No prob man, hope you had a lot of fun! Motor is back in, getting final accessories hooked up etc then will prime oil and try to start up. Definitely nervous to turn the key after so much work if that makes sense.

Oooh, so exciting!

.......aaaaaannnndd??

Struggling to get it started. I m not ready to start a No Start thread yet though. I think it is all about oil pressure causing the no start. I prime it with a drill and have 60#s pressure and kept the drill and prime tool running for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stopped it, install cam sensor, get it all put back together, go to crank and no oil pressure when cranking over. Noticed some drips of oil from around oil pump and filter area so must be loosing prime there. Will investigate further and see why its leaking. Arg!

Sorry I don't. Maybe someone else knows though. About a year ago I saw a fiberglass on Craigslist, maybe just watch on there.

ya. Guy had a brand new glasstek. I call him after 2 weeks. Said to talk to him the next day. He sold it to someone else. lol haven't found one since.

Car is almost fully up and running again. A special shout out to Jeremy for providing guidance and assistance over the phone time and time again. If I only had a spare 40K I'd buy his GN!
How about we get the ball rolling again for an Iowa Meetup? How does Sept 26th sound to everyone? I still think the Coralville location would be a good midpoint for where we'd all be coming from. Does anyone have any plans that would prohibit that date? Say 2:00 in the Coral Ridge Mall- old Sears building parking lot?
Chime in your availability.
Once we have a set date and time I'll start a new thread with that in the title to catch more people who may not be watching this thread.