I'm Back-Almost Died! 5 Day Hospital Stay!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Pneumonia almost got me guys! I had been running a fever for a solid week with really no other symptom's. Then my breathing got bad, then it got worse, then it all but stopped!

I couldn't walk to the restroom without gasping for air. So I went to my family physician last Monday. He knew I had something bad and gave me 3 bags of IV and some antibodies. He doesn't have an x ray machine so didn't do x rays.... Well that night I didn't think I would make it through the night. I flat couldn't breathe. Finally called doc back that morning and told him my temp was up to 104.7:eek: and was truly gasping for air. So he says to my wife "GO NOW!"

My wife drove me and I almost passed out in the E/R entrance due to lack of oxygen. They got me back on some o2 and started running test. Did chest x rays and I was full of pneumonia... :frown: That night when they got me up on the next to IC floor (whatever they call it) they told my mom they weren't for sure if I would make it:eek: If I didn't get better in hours I would go on the ventilator and with my size they didn't like the odds of that...

The next 3 days were some of the longest and mentally challenging of my life. I was so sick, couldn't breath, couldn't eat, couldn't move hardly... They even put a foley catheter in me so I wouldn't have to get out of the bed...

I did not eat the whole time I was in there. Just had no appetite. Didn't watch TV or anything. Was just to weak feeling to do anything but lay there and PRAY!

Well I prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ and he heard my prayers. I had a pretty good size prayer network praying for me as well. The docs were planning on keeping longer. With all the prayers I had going on for me I was able to get out late Sat night. My personal doc called in and asked them to release me early as I was about to completely loose my mind in that place... I had prayed to get out that day and it just didn't look like it was going to happen, but it did:smile: God was with me all week, I have no dought about that...

I had a really great staff of doctors and nurses. Of course there were a few I could complain about but overall I was treated good and got good quality care!

I am sorry I didn't let you guys know. Jay knew and that was about it. I have a fear of letting it be known public when I am not at home, you know how crooks and theives are:mad: I know you guys would have been praying for me too. I had you all in mind and I am just glad to be back amoung you know:biggrin:

I have missed TONS of PM's and emails! Between here and my other business stuff it will take weeks to catch up. I am only working a PART TIME schedule right now so please understand it might take me a while to respond but please keep emailing me or PM'ing until I respond. I get to many to try to sort back through them...

Now, off to read a weeks worth of stuff:eek::biggrin:

Good to have you back SGRIM. I had that years ago and it was horrible to say the least. Rest up and take your time getting back to the daily grind,John

GOD is good.he always take care of his children.and you are one of them.I'll be praying for you my brother in Christ.GOD BLESS.;)

Glad to hear you are better...now get back in the game, money don't grow on trees....;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHNYtcqNms[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks guys!

Adam you are sooooo right. Bills don't slow down for anything!

Glad to hear Shane. Take care of your self. And glad to hear you are doing better.

Steve

Take care of yourself Shane!

Man, between the kidney stones and now this......hasn't been the best few months for you. I think we need to get you back on the straight and narrow!

Glad your back

I hear you about being away from the house,
if/when we go somewhere, I try to get one of the kids to stay here,

no lecture, but........ gotta pay more attention to your self, listen to when you ain't right, ( I know none of us are "right" )

hope your back to your old self , and stay that way! :wink:

Glad to see you back

Good to see you back.
I'am sorry you had to go through that mess. It sounds terrible.

Stay well

Welcome back, buddy :)

I was planning to come down and visit with you today. Glad I dont have the need to now.

Glad to hear you are better and back.:cool: That sounds like quite the ordeal! One should never take his health for granted cause money is great, but if you don't have your health it don't mean anything!! That is one thing that I have learned in my life so far after seeing my mother go through and pass away from cancer and then dealing with my own health issues. Always be thankful if you have your health!

That must explain why we haven't seen ya on T6P........:biggrin:

Get well....

Glad to hear everything is ok man! I had a short stint of pneumonia earlier this year too. It wasnt pretty at all.