I'm Back-Almost Died! 5 Day Hospital Stay!

I don't post much any more, but when I read this I had to give words of encouragement. Lots don't believe in the power of prayer but I am sure glad you do. Nothing more stronger than that. Glad to see you out of the hospital and back on your feet. From one friend to the next, start looking out for number one and put yourself first. My buddy was 438 pounds and had all kinds of issues. He set his mind to a healthier lifestyle last year. He has dropped 191 pounds and is on a mission. It added years to his life and he looks great. The mind is the biggest hurdle. Once that is overcome your possibilities are endless.
This is a post my buddy put up on another board but you would have to be registered to read it, so check it out below. I will keep you in my prayers.......

Well not quite at the 200lb total weight loss yet but really close.....down 191 so far since first week of August 09. Started out at 438 and am currently 247...total loss so far of 191Lbs.... still have 67Lbs to go to reach my original goal to lose 258 and get down to 180Lbs and in to my size 34 Jeans from 1998(Lol)....in the home stretch now...here are a few progress pics!

Start Weight 438Lbs Aug 09
438lbHeinz.jpg

291Lbs Feb 2010
291lbHeinz.jpg

247Lbs April 2010(Today)
P4250170.jpg

Glad you are O.K.

I think there is a strong message here for health and well being to all of us. Are you listening?

Shane,

I am glad that God had mercy on you and we will always need it.
Please make sure you don't have to count on it to survive.
I am really sorry I did not know, you would have been in my thoughts
and prayers.

Glad to hear you're doing well! Glad it wasn't a "cataract arrest"!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBtty9ThTgo[/YOUTUBE]

13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you. -Isaiah 41

His mercy endureth forever!

Pneumonia is like the 6th leading cause of death in the US. Glad you are still with us.

I know a guy that died from that im glad you are ok dude...Remember your health is important get better then get back to it. The day you die they will still be putting the electric gas mortgage and phone bill in your mailbox....

You said you prayed to the Lord and he heard you...

I believe you 100%, and am really happy you're ok- awesome testimony on your healing SGRIM

We're all only flesh and bone- it really puts things in perspective.

God Bless - and what a great community here that truly supportive

:)

Glad to see your ok. That stuff is no joke.
Im sure the last thing you want to hear is get some rest.I hope you have speedy recovery so get some rest

How big are you bro?! I only ask because YOU mentioned it.

Glad you are back home, just take your time ... it will all work itself out :) ---

glad you pulled through Shane, your living proof the lord answers prayers

WOW man! I'm soo Glad to hear you're recovering!!! Take it easy, like other's have said. Last thing you want is new trouble from overdoing something so slow to recover from...

Our prayer's are with you and your family

Pneumonia is no joke i lost an aunt to it:frown:
i also have a "Big" cousin thats has had several close calls it seems that every little cold gets amplified into a life and death situation because of his size. but since he started reducing his over all size he has been getting better at handling a simple common cold.
i think its about time to mix in some exercise with those prayers. It goes something like help your self and i will help you.

anyway glad that you are OK now, and take care of your self Dude.
David

THANKS for all the encouraging words guys! It REALLY MEANS something to me! Knowing you guys care goes along way, with the daily grind of this place added on top of ordinary life...

I truly appreciate each and every comment:) It warms the heart to see all those that believe in the power of prayer too! It brought me through for sure. Thank you Lord!

Shane,
Just remember, it takes a Long time to recover from this, sometimes years to Fully recover (been there, done that)! It has a way of coming back and biting you on the butt, if you are not careful. So, take it easy. ;)

HE was tapping you on the shoulder, .....this time.......

Next time, ....... you may turn around :frown:

I am praying for you and your family.

John

Yeah, I did a little too much yesterday and don't feel as good today. I will be slowing down, way down. It is not worth going through that again...

I think there is a strong message here for health and well being to all of us. Are you listening?

Yes I am bud! I have even STOPPED SMOKING:eek::eek::eek: I have not smoked a cig since the day before I went into the hospital. It isn't easy but thinking about not being able to breath seems to ease the urge;)

I want to be around a long time so I am listening!

How big are you bro?! I only ask because YOU mentioned it.

Glad you are back home, just take your time ... it will all work itself out :) ---

I am about the size of the guy in the before pic above posted! I dropped quite a few pounds in the hospital as I didn't eat for a week so... Got a good start there too...

Again I TRULY appreciate all the kinds words everyone! It hits the heart in a good way:)

Shane, Ive been off the air also so I didnt know anything about this. Glad you pulled through it!! Now get serious and take care of yourself!! Mike:cool:

Glad you're better man. Prayer said for your continued recovery

You have to remember that you've got to take care of yourself, you're the only you you've got. (practicing typing my y's :D)

I've been putting up a new shop and working so I haven't had the time to check the board as much as I'd like lately. You're going to have to take much better care of yourself Shane. I won't tell you how much better you will feel once you get on a good diet and some excersize. Been there done that myself. I never got over 250-260 but I dropped 70 pounds and haven't been near as sick now. Please take care of yourself my friend. You have a wife and kids that depend on you so you need to be there.

I've been putting up a new shop and working so I haven't had the time to check the board as much as I'd like lately. You're going to have to take much better care of yourself Shane. I won't tell you how much better you will feel once you get on a good diet and some excersize. Been there done that myself. I never got over 250-260 but I dropped 70 pounds and haven't been near as sick now. Please take care of yourself my friend. You have a wife and kids that depend on you so you need to be there.

same here, probably at 290lbs+ and im only 18:eek: I quit drinking soda, eat a little better, and try to get a workout in if I can.

Shane,

Glad to hear you didn't pass away.:eek: You never know when or where something bad could happen. I hope you recover fully and get back into the groove buddy!:)

Shane,
Glad you pulled through. As someone said earlier, the recovery period will slow. So take your time and slow down some. Just like you, my father inlaw almost died from pneumonia. He was in a coma for three months. Lots of physical therapy when he awoke form the coma. I'm very happy to hear you're felling better.