Ignition

nash421

Hey guys I was thinking of upgrading my ignition system. Wanted to get some feedback on what people have had success with and what are some pros/cons. Thanks

I don't have one YET but the TR-6 has has great review. You can open up the gaps in your plugs and get excellent fuel burn so I have heard

CnP, a hands down winner. Pros are too many to list, but they have a hot consistent spark that can't be beat.

Cons: depends upon what you have access too, JY or eBay for the coils, need to mount them on the valve covers (or elsewhere), then wire them in. If you can do that they are the only way to go.

There will soon be a small interface board to fire them from the stock ICM (sans the stock coils).

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks guys, looks like I have some homework to do. Did anyone use this with xfi system? Debating that also

Thanks guys, looks like I have some homework to do. Did anyone use this with xfi system? Debating that also

The CnP interface will work with any ECM that can use the stock ICM (ignition control module).

RemoveBeforeFlight

Whats needed to install a tr6?
Whats included and parts do I need to add in order to install one in a stock 87 ignition?

Whats included and parts do I need to add in order to install one in a stock 87 ignition?

Spark plug wires and coil , AC Delco D599A this is the coil number that I used . Fullthrottle has the wires for the TR6 with this coil

It is plug-an-play if you read the instructions!:)

After a couple years screwing with stock and aftermarket ignition coils/modules, I recently ordered TR6 units from Bob Bailey, and have cured issues on 4 GN's so far.

The complete unit with the proper plug wires from Bob is only a couple hundred dollars more than the inadequate replacement stuff now being sold.

Kirban has a nice set of wires for the TR6 for $49.00 if you are on a tight budget ...or you can always get a set from your local parts store that fit a Silverado. The TR6 is a very nice upgrade !

Bryan

TR6 over here also, like Nick said after you get tired of trying the junk for sale today, it's the way to go. Three cheers for Dr Bob Bailey and his contribution to the Turbo Buick community over all the years.

Chuck