If the orgininal Guns N Roses went on tour...?

Would you like to see a GNR reunion tour?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • No way

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Who would go see them? Every time I listen to them or hear them on the radio I crank it up-GUNS N' FCKIN ROSES!:cool: I think it would be the best reunion ever

My parents went to that concert when it was in minneapolis. I remember that because they had to reschedule it because Axl had larengitis or something. I was only 12 so they wouldn't event think about letting me go. Sure would have been nice to get a tshirt out of the deal, I had to steal theirs;) Then they stole them back:eek: My mom said it was the best concert she ever been to in her life. SHe mentioned it just recently when I was asking her about the tshirts

I have seen them a few times (original lineup), first time was in May 1988 when they were opening for Iron Maiden.
They blew away Iron Maiden.
Second time was June 91 and the 3rd time was Aug 92 with Metallica.
Still have all my old concert tickets, some of which i do not recall........wonder why:eek::eek::D

I do not think you would ever see them get back together unless maybe they run out of money!

I love some of the original Guns tunes like: Knockin on.., Civil War, Paradise City, Estranged, etc. but, I've always thought Axel was a tool and I'm not gonna go to a concert and take the chance that the douche bag is gonna walk on stage 3 hours late, or not show up at all.

That's weird, wasn't even thinkin of that tour when i wrote that..just sayin i wouldn't bother unless some one great was there too like fnm or metallica..i did see those three in concert, foxboro ma 1992..fnm was good then i got the boot when metallica opened w creeping death and i got excited and tried to get up front, was standard procedure for metallica shows back then..not into gnr but my michelle and rocket queen are great tunes

I think that would be someones wet dream since i saw Steven Adler on some show in some funny farm for burnouts. I doubt he has the coordination to play the drums anymore.

I love some of the original Guns tunes like: Knockin on.., Civil War, Paradise City, Estranged, etc. but, I've always thought Axel was a tool and I'm not gonna go to a concert and take the chance that the douche bag is gonna walk on stage 3 hours late, or not show up at all.

X2 They had good songs but what a meatstick Axle is.

I'm not gonna go to a concert and take the chance that the douche bag is gonna walk on stage 3 hours late, or not show up at all.

My brother and I did see Guns 'N Replacements play in Davenport in '03 (I think?). Excellent show. They played everything off of Appetite except for Crazy, along with Civil War, November Rain, Knockin on Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, and Madagascar and Chinese Democracy. Opened with Welcome to The Jungle and ended with Paradise City of course. Our sadistic sides were almost hoping Axl would cancel or walk off stage or something, so we could get a glimpse of the legendary BS of the early '90s.

"Well, he's not showing up. Guess we better start trashing the place." ;)

Only if they were opening for faith no more, or metallica

Guns would never open for FNM. I'm a huge fan of both (I have the flame off The Real Thing tattooed on my right leg) but FNM never sold nearly as many albums as GNR, even though they recorded twice as many. Axl is too proud. He'll open for no one.

They tried touring with Metallica, it wasn't pretty. Who'd of thought Canadians would riot? :p

BTW FNM is touring right now. They've already done all of Europe, the Middle East, and Australia. Only four U.S. dates so far, all next month in SoCal. I sincerely hope they add more.

I think that would be someones wet dream since i saw Steven Adler on some show in some funny farm for burnouts. I doubt he has the coordination to play the drums anymore.

That's what I thought too, but allegedly (last I heard) he's in the seat for Slash's next solo album. Could be interesting.

And just for the record, I think the Illusions albums are some of the best music ever recorded. Axl may be a self righteous prima donna, but he is a damn gifted song writer.

My parents went to that concert when it was in minneapolis. I remember that because they had to reschedule it because Axl had larengitis or something. I was only 12 so they wouldn't event think about letting me go. Sure would have been nice to get a tshirt out of the deal, I had to steal theirs;) Then they stole them back:eek: My mom said it was the best concert she ever been to in her life. SHe mentioned it just recently when I was asking her about the tshirts

i was at the Minneapolis concert- main floor, row 72 or something like that. maybe 100 feet from the stage- which seems like a lot until you realize that i was about in the middle of the floor. the tower with all the lights and soundboards aawas about 20 feet to my right. it was postponed about a month and a half because Metallica's James Hetfield got toasted by the pyro device in Canada about a week before the show was supposed to happen. the Canadians rioted the night that happened because Axl Rose wasn't "feeling it" and decided to not take the stage and save the night after Metallica's set got cut short due to the pyro accident.
but the show in Minneapolis was a hell of a show when it finally did happen- FNM kicked ass, Metallica ruled.. and GNR.. umm... had hot backup singers and a lot of extra people on stage.
the skies opened up during the Metallica set and the sound of the rain on the roof of the Dome was almost louder than Metallica, and the lightning bolts could be seen thru the roof. it was intense and made the 'Tallica boys play that much harder, which made the crowd that much more insane.. when GNR came on, the energy level died down and everyone just kind of watched and sang along with the hits. when we left the show, all of downtown Minneapolis was under about a foot of water...

i would def see them great studio band,sucked live after 3-5 songs. axl would always have his voice scratchy and messed up.

I would kill puppies to see metallica and GNR in one show. I think that would go in my book of greatest life moments:biggrin:

That's just it though,even if it DID happen, I think there's an 80% chance he would screw it up.

im so freaking tired of the same 4-5 songs they have being overplayed on the radio all the time

The radio station here plays a lot of the other songs, not just paradise city and welcome to the jungle. Yeah they're great songs but you can only hear them so many times.

I have seen them a few times (original lineup), first time was in May 1988 when they were opening for Iron Maiden.
They blew away Iron Maiden.
Second time was June 91 and the 3rd time was Aug 92 with Metallica.
Still have all my old concert tickets, some of which i do not recall........wonder why:eek::eek::D

I do not think you would ever see them get back together unless maybe they run out of money!

They also blew Aerosmith away opening for them.
Those were great shows early on.
Even the Illusion tours also amazing and metallica by then it was getting old.
It was all downhill after Izzy left.

I would go, but it's NEVER going to happen.

Axl is a tool. But he is a kick ass front man. Yes, I would go in a heartbeat. Appetite is an album which every single song kicks ass. Not many complete albums can say that. While later releases weren't as good as Appetite IMO, they were still good.

Somewhat related, what the hell is Velvet Revolver doing now? They need to hurry up and move on without Scott Weiland. I never really was overly impressed with him as their choice for front man to start with.

velvet revolver is another one of my favs and Scott is the man but yeah who knows what's goin on there

Last I heard VR were trying things with the former singer from Spacehog, but it didn't pan out. Haven't heard anything since.

I enjoy hearing the music live, but I don't enjoy the people. Maybe I'd enjoy it more if I enjoyed getting wasted to the point of losing my bodily functions in public.