I would like to pose an interesting Turbo question....

Big H

I'm looking to replace my current Turbo's with a nice new Turbo from Precision. The reason I say Turbo's (plural), is because I've been playing with an Innovative T70, and a Innovative T62 BB. The reason I'm looking to get into a new Precision turbo is because I always get exhaust leaks with these two around the top of the compressor wheels since there is hardly any meat for the downpipe to sit on in that area. I've noticed that the new Precision Turbo's have a nice thick ridge in that area at the top of the exhaust wheel housing. Both of these Innovative turbos have S covers and .85 exhaust housings.

So here is the question, which new turbo from Precision would you use?

Here's what I'm working with:

-1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon (full weight)
-Art Carr (CPT) 9" 3600 stall converter
-60lb injectors
-PTE Stock Location Intercooler
-3" Terry Houston style downpipe, internally gated
-4" intake and MAF with Translator
-62mm throttle body
-Aeromotive A1000 external fuel pump.

The car is mostly a street car, and I would like to get it as fast as I can at around 20lbs of boost; I really don't want to go any higher than that.

So what would you go with?

I'm looking to replace my current Turbo's with a nice new Turbo from Precision. The reason I say Turbo's (plural), is because I've been playing with an Innovative T70, and a Innovative T62 BB. The reason I'm looking to get into a new Precision turbo is because I always get exhaust leaks with these two around the top of the compressor wheels since there is hardly any meat for the downpipe to sit on in that area. I've noticed that the new Precision Turbo's have a nice thick ridge in that area at the top of the exhaust wheel housing. Both of these Innovative turbos have S covers and .85 exhaust housings.

So here is the question, which new turbo from Precision would you use?

Here's what I'm working with:

-1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon (full weight)
-Art Carr (CPT) 9" 3600 stall converter
-60lb injectors
-PTE Stock Location Intercooler
-3" Terry Houston style downpipe, internally gated
-4" intake and MAF with Translator
-62mm throttle body
-Aeromotive A1000 external fuel pump.

The car is mostly a street car, and I would like to get it as fast as I can at around 20lbs of boost; I really don't want to go any higher than that.

So what would you go with?

Post pics of your ex housing without the dp bolted up and the flange area of the dp where it leaks. With your stock engine and low boost i dont see you gaining hardly anything with a turbo change. But if you did buy another id go with a 6265 journal or an old 6776

I'm not really looking to gain anything, just want to replace the stuff I have. The engine was built recently; .40 over TRWs, stock crank, billet main caps, 214/214 isky cam, stock heads with an agressive port job to match GN1s, matching ported intake manifold. I'll get some pics of the exhaust housing soon.

I agree with Bison on the 6265,IT has 10 sec potential also with that combo.
I do have a 6776 ball bearing Precision turbo with about 200 street miles
and 5 1/4 mile passes coming off a customers car if your interested.