I WANT OPINIONS ON MY SETUP FOR A GLORY PASS AT CRUISING THE COAST PLEASE

gtfrede

Designated LSX Hater
ok guys everything goes as follows...I am using nitrous (40 shot) to 60' my car with stock converter...I'm up to 25psi with 22/21° of timing respectively through my bone stock intercooler....car runs side by side with 500-600 horsepower cars from 10mph roll ons till about 110 when the car levels off and usually starts to fall behind up in the mph (i associate this with stock intercooler heat soaking) ) on 110 race fuel with no knock (1°
blips every now and again)....I'm worried about ballooning the converter....should I be?

What times can I expect if it usually runs 7.5s at 93mph on 20 psi....is it worth trying to flow 5 more psi? Car does still like the higher boost so I'm assuming this is fine pending no knock and staying 11.5afr fairly consistently...

Let me know your thoughts

To add to this I have read every thread on converters that I can stand to read.... nothing to tell me how efficient they couple up top....aside from low spool characteristics what are the drawbacks....is weight of it being a twelve inche converter hurting mph etc...

My experience with stock converters and I ran them for as long as I could were once I was able to run low 11's the fins on the turbine would would start to crack and break off after 15-20 passes. This was giving me 1.5 - 1.6 sixty foot times consistently launching with 8-12 pounds boost. The converters never balooned on me and when the fins would start to crack I would see the stall speed of the converter start to climb. Why the stock inner-cooler ? You might want to consider running that 40 shot all the way to help drop your charge air temps. You can probly expect a 40-50 HP gain going from 20 to 25 pounds boost. The stock cooler is probly costing you 2-3 pounds of free boost at your power level.

1/8th time should be 11.8 or so I second the 40 shot the whole way, should see 3-4# more boost when spraying.....are you running race gas or 93?

We have similar combo (see sig.) except for the intercooler. I run 93 + alky and can run in the 6's in the 1/8 mile with 25# boost.

Keep rpm down. Taller tires, lock converter, make sure octane is sufficient. Id run it all in on 116+ octane and pull the timing back 2 degrees. Don't lock converter till 90mph

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys....I just went and got the bottle filled today and plan on disconnecting the front sway bar tommorrow and pull 2° out of the tune to maybe 20° flat through all gears....straight 110 octane or do you recommend the 116 as a necessity?

What kind of power do you think it's making? Bison doyou think the converter clutch will live through a couple passes like this or should I just hit 4th....I'm on a 27 inch radial

Thanks for all the input guys....I just went and got the bottle filled today and plan on disconnecting the front sway bar tommorrow and pull 2° out of the tune to maybe 20° flat through all gears....straight 110 octane or do you recommend the 116 as a necessity?
I wouldn't run 20* in all gears. Maybe 16-17* in 3rd with the nitrous and converter locked. Id run at least 116 octane. The converter clutch will last for a while if it's not compromised. You need to make sure you have adequate fuel. It will take less than a second to lean out with all the added oxygen. Also wastwgate flow will need to be increased or boost will increase with all the added ex pressure. It's making a lot more torque than hp. Hard too say but you are dealing with high cylinder pressure and things can get ugly fast

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Well it was a bust guys....spark kept blowing out with the c16...and the kit didn't hit hard enough...11.8 running on 3 cylinders after the 1000'...1/8 of 7.5 at 96 with a 1.92 60' lol....never sprayed in boost or even got a missfire free pass....sorry guys....good news is my megacooler front mount is here waiting