I have a story you will never believe

Clearly I'm a little late to be getting involved in this thread, but that's an AWESOME story! I've only read the initial posting so I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of the 21 pages to see what kind of progress has been made. Again, AWESOME story! It never hurts to be nice.

Thanks Bruce, I am doing ok though buddy... I just take every day as it comes.. :) Will I see you in Bowling Green?
You're welcome, Mike......no, I won't be there........wish I could.....:(

Over the weekend, when we went up to visit my Mom, who is not doing well, I told her about what happened in your life....the whole story.....also my beloved wife, and brother........they were just in awe, and my Mom, bless her heart, told me "He sure has some true, real friends." Also, "It's not for us to know why things happen in our lives, only have faith....Mike will know the answer when he meets the Lord." So, what's left of my family all are wishing you the best. And we are so very sorry.

When I first saw that picture you posted of Lisa next to your Grand National, I turned to my beloved wife, Shirley, and told her that Lisa is such a fox that I'm asking Mike to trade both of my Vettes, my Grand National and all of my guitars for Lisa !:D

I don't remember anything after that moment.....just waking up in the Emergency Room with an egg beater up my butt....:rolleyes:.

Seriously, your Lisa was so pretty.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Spent most of the night reading through the 22 pages, but very glad I read the whole thing.

Well, Mike, I really don't even know where to begin. I'm deeply saddened to see the loss of your wife. She seemed like an awesome lady and the world will surely miss her. I'm glad to see you taking it as well as you have. It would have been easy to go the route of Mr. S. After all of the good you have done, it would have been easy to say, "Life isn't fair" and just give up. As you said earlier on in the thread, you wouldn't let life kick your ass. You would kick life's ass. And that is exactly what you're doing as you get up every day and continue to keep truckin'. You chose the tougher road, and for that I applaud you with the utmost respect. I look forward to the day I'm able to meet you(I'm just now getting into the TB world) and shake your hand. If there's ever a thing I can do, you make sure you let me know!

Onto the car: That's such an awesome story. Great things can happen to good, deserving folks. This story has renewed some of my own outlooks on humanity. It seems these days that more and more people are overly concerned with only themselves. Their only concern for others is in a negative manner. That just doesn't sit right with me. I try to always help out others in any way possible.

Keep enjoying life and continue to have a BLAST in that awesome car you have!

Brandyn:)

Thanks guy's... I appreciate all of you.

Bruce, Hahahahahaha did you get that egg beater out? :0 You are a funny man. She was one of the most beautiful women I had ever met. Inside and out. I am thankful for her. Oh and I wouldn't have traded her for all of the money in the world. We used to say as long as we had each other we were rich. It didn't matter if we were living in a box under a bridge,

Here is the picture in question.... Well Bruce I hope your wife keeps you.. :)

lisaandbart1.jpg

Its really amazing the lessons life teaches you, I want you all to understand I am speaking from the heart.

Looking back on my life a little yesterday I was truly amazed at the changes I have seen. Its so sad it took so much tragedy for it all to happen.
In Lisas last few days here on earth we talked about those lessons and who they were for. We said we may never understand them but many would. I do now.

Those lessons taught me to be a better man than I was before. To love like it was your last day, to keep your friends close and family closer. I learned to not just react to a situation but to take a second to think about it, then do what's right. To speak your mind and never hold back your true feelings. To be honest and true, no matter how much it hurts.

I know how sad it can be to be lonely, I can now see how death can change someone so much you would never recognize them again. How it could just take every emotion from you and just leave you cold. I choose to live thru this and still share my love with all of you.

Remember, in Lisas own words. "If you ain't happy, you gotta go" well today I choose to be happy.. Thanks to all of you..

It seems that even the bad days I have once in a while aren't unbearable. Those lessons will live on in me forever and I will try to teach others, you too can learn from us.

Have faith Mike, you will see her again. She stands with God now, as well as those who passed before her. Hold onto your faith, and let it envelope you. She existed before she entered her mother's womb, and she came into this world only to find you, and now she waits for you. Hold onto your faith Mike, everything is going to be okay. God bless...

I want to tell everybody that Mike did a great job driving the car and did exactly what i told him to do. His last pass was a 8.7 and lifted at half track with a 1.14 or 1.16 60 ft. He never has raced a drag car in his life and did a great job. I was just hoping for those 8 seconds he wouldnt be thinking about his wife :) I hope he makes it to BG with us but right now he is sick as a dog. He has become a dear friend and i try my hardest to help him keep his mind off all the negative things thats happend to him.:confused:

God bless you sir, keep on kicking ass and enjoy life to the fullest. My prayers go out to you. Peace and light!

I just joined the group yesterday b/c I'm buying an 87 T Type next week. I just spent the last 2 + hrs reading your story and have been on an emotional rollercoaster the entire time. I could not stop reading, at the expense of not completing my paperwork. You are an amazingly strong and special person, and I know that your Lisa and God are smiling on you. You are an inspiration to all, and represent the best of mankind. I know the loss and sadness will never leave, but you will be stronger as time moves on. You will never know the impact your story has, but it is far reaching and I hope it continues to spread. May God bless and strengthen you and your family, as well as those that love and comfort you. And best wishes to Mr. S.

Amazing story Mike, I am sorry for the loss of your wife and best friend. When you said "It didn't matter if we were living in a box under a bridge" it brought tears to my eyes because I should be a better person to my wife who says this exact same thing. I feel for you in your loss, as I lost my sister to cancer back in 1996 and she was cheerful to the end like your wife. Your story really made me think about what is important in life, I already was cause I'm over in Afghanistan serving our wonderful country but your sharing has taken me to such a deeper meaning. Thanks for sharing your life. I gotta ask about how your dad is. I have spent 16 years in the military away from my family and after I first really connected with him while fishing I have been anxious to get back there and spend as much time just being around him. I know you said a while back in the post you would like to move him closer, with all the support on this board I'm sure we can get that done, I'd volunteer to drive a moving truck half way across the country for you. I'm currently live in northern CA (when I'm not in Afghanistan) so I see a trip up to a certain towing company in my future, I've got to shake hands with such a stand up guy.

Thanks guys, Hungry I want to take a moment to thank you for your service. I want you to know how much I appreciate the offer to help with my Dad. You are a true human. But I have to say that I got to see him when we went to bowling green for the GS NATIONALS. I had been very sick for a few weeks but went anyway, knowing I needed to see him, knowing I needed to spend sometime away from here as I hadn't done anything since Lisa passed. I am so glad I went. I only got to spend a few hours with him and his new girlfriend. By the time they left for home I felt so much better knowing he was in good hands... he will be ok. He wants to stay there. I am happy for him. May your life be good to you. Love your wife like never before..... you just never know. Thanks for the kind words guys...

Mike , you are an inspiration to many. Glad I got to meet you in BG...wish I would have met Geno too.

Bryan

Brian, im just a normal guy with an amazing story.. my faith in humankind is restored daily.Today I was sittin in line at the espresso stand I visit daily. I was behind a mini van in my GN. I have a necklace Lisa made hanging from the rearview. It hs hearts on it and when I need a little hug from my girl I rub the heart hanging on the bottom and I can feel her smiling down on me. Anyway, I gave it a rub and the song she talks to angels by the black crows came on. I got a little tearin my eye while singing it at the top of my lungs, and not very good I must say. But apparently the lady in front of me could read my lips or hear me. She gave the barista cash to buy my drink and a little card that read JESUS LOVES YOU.... I was in shock.. made my day... I tipped the barista 5 bucks... passed along my good will for the day.. Life is Good.

Brian, im just a normal guy with an amazing story.. my faith in humankind is restored daily.Today I was sittin in line at the espresso stand I visit daily. I was behind a mini van in my GN. I have a necklace Lisa made hanging from the rearview. It hs hearts on it and when I need a little hug from my girl I rub the heart hanging on the bottom and I can feel her smiling down on me. Anyway, I gave it a rub and the song she talks to angels by the black crows came on. I got a little tearin my eye while singing it at the top of my lungs, and not very good I must say. But apparently the lady in front of me could read my lips or hear me. She gave the barista cash to buy my drink and a little card that read JESUS LOVES YOU.... I was in shock.. made my day... I tipped the barista 5 bucks... passed along my good will for the day.. Life is Good.
Mike don't think for a second that was just coincidence, Lisa is watching when you need her and always will. My heart is with yah brother ! Glad you had as much time with her as you did, we all wish it was more but remember the good times and hold her in your heart always .

Mike don't think for a second that was just coincidence, Lisa is watching when you need her and always will. My heart is with yah brother ! Glad you had as much time with her as you did, we all wish it was more but remember the good times and hold her in your heart always .

X100!!!!!

JD

What a nice thing to share with us, Mike. Very nice. You generated a tear in my eye also. I couldn't agree more with "need boost" said.

I know it's tough going for you, but I also know that God is especially watching over you....giving you the strength that you need in dealing with your loss.....God will always be there for you, no matter what, remember that.....and so will your friends here on this site who still care so much for you. Again, thanks so much for sharing such a personal story.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I had read the first few pages of this thread a while ago and commented to myself what a great person you are. It was bumped up again with a few kind words from evil and I finished the whole thread. I can tell you that you are an inspiration and i believe you and lisa were put on this earth to do good. I have lost people close to me and struggle with the thought whether or not they are looking down upon me. After reading this, i am closer to believing that all our loved ones are looking down upon us and hopefully will see them again someday. I am glad that you chose to move on like lisa wanted you to. I dont know if i would be as strong as you so kudos to you my friend. I thank you for sharing everything with us. You have touched many hearts, including mine. God bless.

What an inspiring story! You've done so much for this man, and should feel proud for having such an impact on him and everyone around you. These selfless acts bring people together.
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. As long as you keep her memory alive in your heart, she will never die.