I have a story you will never believe

GNgift

Luckiest Guy Ever
Im gonna make this short to start with. I live in washington state, I recieved one of the most special gifts I have ever recieved from anyone in my entire 43yrs of life.

I helped someone I didn't even know and got a 1987 Buick Grand National with 18,800 original miles on it... :eek: NO REALLY

There will be a longer story about all of this as I begin to get this car up and going again. The owner parked it in 1993 when it wouldn't pass emissions. Huh? NO REALLY.

Anyway. Just a tease for now and a pic. This is how it looks right now. it sat in an open concrete garage up until May 24 2010.

17yrs worth of dust, Crazy stuff. STAY TUNED

OK SO NO PIC UNTIL MY 4TH POST... :confused::rolleyes:

Wow, that's really great. Congrats and Welcome. Does the car have 17 year old oil and gas?? Be careful and do some serious spring cleaning!

I does have 17yo gas and oil. It will be totally gone thru before firing this thing off for the first time. I have some work ahead of me before we ever get that far anyway. I want to make sure to do it right so I dont hurt anything that hasn't had oil for a while.

Okay, so how many other cars does this guy have that he's parked for insane reasons:D

He has a 1989 Chevy Celebrity he would be glad to give you........:)

When he told me why he parked it I was in total disbelief. But as we were going thru our question answer session I asked, When did you buy it? (1987) How long did you drive it? (1987-1993) Why did you park it? (It wouldn't pass emissions) How many miles did you put on it? (Less than 20) I was trying not to bait him for answers because I really wanted to know all the TRUE details.. This story gets way stranger... I hate to type so I have to do it in small pieces of this story.

This is what it looked like yesterday.....
GN1.jpg

Today, 1st Bath in 17 Years

GN2.jpg

I will start with this, I own a small Towing company. May 24th I get called out for an blocking vehicle left in the road. I show up and here it is.. The ignition was bashed out by some retard with a hammer. Oh and the moron also hit the clear plastic over the digital guage cluster and put a hole in it...

So I load it up and take it to the yard. 2 Days later some meth heads show up here with a forged title and report of sale. The real registered owner calls and says it was stolen from his open garage at his house which he no longer lives in where it had sat for the last 17yrs.

Cops come. we have a huge HOE down.. hoe, hehehehehe. The girl who signed the title as the forger is in deep do do.. reference hoe again...

The owner of the vehicle is a senior citizen. Me being the kind hearted guy I am feel bad for him. I am sure he is on a fixed income and could use someone to give him a break. So I told him, Here is the deal. I am not going to charge you for the impound, storage and due to the fact you dont live at the house and no where to store it, I will free of charge keep it here where it is safe and they cant steal it again. He thanked me a dozen times while he was here.. I just love to help people who deserve it. My Dad always said to take care of the old people, They have paid their dues.

So the gentleman says I would really have like to restore the car but I jsy havent gotten around to it. I said just let me know when you make a decision on where you would like to ge it done and we will deliver it there for you. Again NO CHARGE.

3 weeks go by and we made a plan to get back up to our local DMV to get the car put back in his name. A huge cluster by the way. He has to take her to court and a judge has to order her to sign off on the title and he can put it back in his name. WTF?

So we are to pick him up at noon on the 11th of this month. At 10:30am he calls and say's I am under the weather and I really don't want to deal with any of this. I just want Mike to have the car because I was treated with such respect and honor and feel he would be able to resore the car or at least get it running and driving.

He was talking with my secretary. She came into my office in tears just dumb founded. I called him back and asked 3 times if this was what he really wanted to do. He said come up to the house on Wednesday and we will do the paperwork.

I have made one of the greatest friends in him. I am now his caretaker. Taking care of his house and him. I just want to make sure he always has someone he can count on. I told him when the car is done I will be picking him up and taking him out cruzing to our local Saturday car show hang out. He said it will be just like high school.

We were both in tears by this time. I said you have no idea what this all means to me. I said this car is one of my top 5 wants of all cars. He said I could tell by the sparkle in your eye the fist day we met that you could appreciate what it was, Thats why I want you to have it. I said it's YOUR car, I am its caretaker. It will always be YOUR car.

I will be putting personalized plates on it with part of his last name... SIMMER1 So this is just the beginning. I will keep you all updated with photos and info on the little project I have recieved.

My wife is really pissed her 1967 Dodge Dart GT Convertable has been placed a little farther back on my to do list but hey It also will get done.. Sooner than later hopefully.. Thanks everyone for letting me bore you with this little story.....

OK

Thread of the year!

What you did is as human as human gets. You got a good "end" and so did the gentleman of which now you give care to. I hope your friendship is long lasting and there is lots of laughter.

Don't forget to load him up in it for the first car show!

Kudo's to you mate.

Dan

I am going to load him up in it every weekend he wants to go with us. We used to do this as kids and the people we hang out with these days are the same group as back in the 80's when I was a teen. But more old people in their classic cars. So he will fit right in. I think there were 100+ cars there last saturday...

I told him I will call saturday mornings to make sure he is good to go that day.. He will always be welcome with us.. Oh and laugh. We have had a great last few days talking on the phone about progress on the car. I told him I gave it it's first bath in 17yrs. He said boy musta been stinky.. We had a good giggle..

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too.

Great story

There are many people on here, me included, that will enjoy reading about your progress. Help and advice is here, too.
Good luck.
Post project pics, please.

Great story... with the exception of the meth heads :p. There is a guy on here named "TurboFabricator". I'm sure he might be able to lend a hand.

Wow! That is a great story! Sounds like it will work out for both of you. New friendship and he will see his car brought back to life! :) Keep us up date with your progress. Take pics along the way too.