I have a story you will never believe

Damn. You can’t catch a break.

You seem like a good guy.

I hope this all works out.

D

Mike, it saddens me to hear about the rotten obstacles that life is throwing at you. It worries me that you are going to try and fight cancer naturally and spiritually. I ask that you think about this parable:
A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to god for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to god and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to god and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to god and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with god, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this god replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

I seriously hope you reconsider getting proper medical treatment.

Chemo has advanced in soo soo many ways my friend. My grandfather is currently battling Multiple Myloma and the chemo hasn't even made him sick. Only tired. His tests each week go in a further positive direction. I respect trying to go natural but if things don't get better as you go I hope you plan on signing up and getting all the treatment!! Sounds like you still have too many people on this earth that love you to leave any time soon!! Prayers your way my friend!

I don't think this is the case.

He mentioned getting meds.

Chemo can be brutal.

I'm sure he isn't waiting on Devine intervention.

D

I am not waiting for any type of intervention. God will call me when its my time no matter how I go about my treatment. I choose to use a plant God made. I think modern medicine is a joke. I have always done things my way. I will continue to do so. Life will go on. I will continue to be part of the racing team but in a less vital role. I will leave that to the team. I will continue to get up every day and go to work. Enjoy my time with my family and friends. If I had started chemo a little over a month ago I'm sure I would be home sick and hating life. But today I am happy, pretty healthy.. Hahahahaha but hey I'm upright and have a smile on my face.... Cheers

Hey Mikey! Call me. Gene has my number. I have exciting news for you and someone who can help you through your journey you have chosen. He had stage 4 cancer and beat it through prayer. Love to introduce you to him. He has an amazing story that is unbelievable. Just a fellow mechanic I work with.
For those who have never met Mike, you are missing out on a Great American and a truly good guy.
We gotta meet out at the lake, Mike.

I just got back from the hospital and Mike is not doing to well. He was in so much pain they gave him morphine and that didnt help so they gave him Delotta and he was able to get some rest.
He is a one of a kind guy and im proud to say i love him like a brother.. I having a hard time with this and wonder what life is all about sometimes...If you have ever meet this man you would never forget him. Talk about a guy with a hard shell and i beautiful heart....

I just got back from the hospital and Mike is not doing to well. He was in so much pain they gave him morphine and that didnt help so they gave him Delotta and he was able to get some rest.
He is a one of a kind guy and im proud to say i love him like a brother.. I having a hard time with this and wonder what life is all about sometimes...If you have ever meet this man you would never forget him. Talk about a guy with a hard shell and i beautiful heart....
Man, I lost my first cousin in 2009 (whom I was closer to than my own brother) and it was the kind of thing that you never really get over, as you just sort move on shuffling through life as best you can. However, that was very sudden and very tragic, so I honestly can't imagine how this must bother anyone really close to Mike, as I feel some sort of kinship for him / affinity to him (and I don't even know him)! So is Mike taking any form of treatment now?? Either way, I'll be praying for Mike and for everyone around him as well!! God Speed your healing Mike!!

Sorry spelling and grammar edit!

My first post here I felt compelled to use it here! I read all 24 pages and it seemed like the best vovel I have ever read! I am very sorry to hear of Lisa's passing and what you are currently going through! Prayers and well wishes coming your way man! Hoping for the best in your situation ,hope you can add another chapter! God bless gotta love the Buick community!

Mikes girl friend called today and he is going down hill fast the last week. I went to visit him last weekend and its hard to take seeing a man that was so full of life wither away. Words cant come close to explain how i feel...They gave him 1 more week and i cant bear to see him like that. He is giving the GN to his son and i hope he understands what the car means to him.

Man. This is very sad.

Mike is such a good guy.

He made me truly care.

I know this story touched a lot of people on here.

You are in my thoughts Mike.

D

Oh no, sorry to hear! I had the opportunity to spend a Friday evening at car show in a parking lot about 5 yrs ago with Mike and his wife, (just before
she got sick.) What a awesome couple they were!! Wish you well, Mike!! Prayers for you, my friend!!

Yeah I know.

The whole story is mind boggling.

This must be the craziest slow ride I’ve ever been on.

I know we are probably the last thing on his mind but man, i wish he knew we cared.

I feel like i know the guy.

D

This is terrible news. I just don't understand why such bad things has to happen to such good people? Praying for you.

Last edited:
This is very sad news to hear.
Mike is a very inspirational person to many here. I had the pleasure of meeting him in BG.
I have no words for this ....

I'm overwhelmed with grief.....this is the saddest situation I've ever heard of in my life.....Mike was always good to me, as well as to everyone else, that's the kind of man he is.....this should set a very great example for all of us here who are not faced with what Mike is facing......Jeez, I feel awful.......I don't understand why these kind of things happen to such a good man who made all of us love him dearly.......God be with you, my friend.....I'm so sorry, very sorry.

When one does good and helps his fellow man, always think of Mike.....always. It's what he would do and has done. Such a good man.

Bruce '87 Grand National