I have a question for you guys running Razor Alky kit...

THE BLACK MAMBA

I recently installed a Razor alky kit (best mod ever) but i notice i get sideways with only #15 psi. After i install my Racetronix double pumper i`m going to tune it to #25 -#29 psi...My question is with all this added boost (horsepower) what tires are you guys running to keep from spinning during acceleration and without heating them up on the street? I did a search and some are using Nitto, M/T, but these were old post...What tires work for you to prevent tire spin...

Last edited:
None...
depending on your combo, that boost level will blow off the best tires on any street. With my 67HPQ...I'm shooting for 17-19# on the street...and it is still going to shred the tires. I run MT ET Streets 275-60-15 on 15x8 rims.

M/T 275-60-15 DRs, with 20 psi in them. 8" wheel. 23 lbs boost on 91 octane and Razors alky. Traction limited to about 55 mph.

25 psi is pushing it on the street. If you can spool up quickly 25 psi will be unusable without an electronic boost controller and ramping the boost

Bryan

I run 25psi all the time on pump gas and alky, which is just shy of 800hp to the ground . Got a set of 325/40/18 M&H on my Simmons rims, they work extremely well on my car. I never hit it in 1st gear on the street, that would serve no purpose, as it would just boil of tires to nothing. 2nd and 3rd gear grabs extremely well.
IMG_00000746_zpsd0a530c7.jpg

Last edited:
I run 25psi all the time on pump gas and alky, which is just shy of 800hp to the ground . Got a set of 325/40/18 M&H on my Simmons rims, they work extremely well on my car. I never hit it in 1st gear on the street, that would serve no purpose, as it would just boil of tires to nothing. 2nd and 3rd gear grabs extremely well.
IMG_00000746_zpsd0a530c7.jpg
I remember you posted a pic of your tires...Do you still have that pic?

None... depending on your combo, that boost level will blow off the best tires on any street.

23 lbs boost on 91 octane and Razors alky. Traction limited to about 55 mph.

If you can spool up quickly 25 psi will be unusable without an electronic boost controller and ramping the boost Bryan

I run 25psi all the time on pump gas and alky, I never hit it in 1st gear on the street, that would serve no purpose, as it would just boil of tires to nothing. 2nd and 3rd gear grabs extremely well.

Are you beginning to see a trend here? :D

I run 20lbs on the street and have M/T 295/55's on Weld 15 x 10's. I gotta be really careful when putting my foot into it on the street.

Last edited:
You need the car's suspension to work with any good tire. The HR parts anti roll bar along with their boxed uppers and lowers keeps this alky 6262 car hooked up well .

You need the car's suspension to work with any good tire. The HR parts anti roll bar along with their boxed uppers and lowers keeps this alky 6262 car hooked up well .

I have all the same rear end goodies and then some, but I also have a 6766 Precision turbo bolted onto a Lou Czarnota built stoker motor...... Unless I baby it, mine won't hook for shit on the street, ever. If I jump into it, she tears 'em loose anywhere from 0 to 65.........

I'm so ashamed..............

Im probably not making near the power some of the guys above me are makin... But my 120MPH car has no problem sticking the tires from a 15-20 roll. Im still learning how to roll into it to keep it competitive from a dig. Im running a 6176 at 26PSI on the street. I didn't have problems hooking my street tires from a 45 either. It has to do with suspension set-up. Stock sway bar here with air bags in both springs and Hotchkis upper and lower control arms. Nothing special here. I would say I don't have much lag either, if any. Boost is near instant. Every car is different. I run nitto NT555rs on the street with a 15x8 at 25ish PSI.

I don't see why all these cars are such tire fryers with under 600hp. If they are the tires and suspension arent right. We regularly apply much more on the street. A good electronic boost controller does help feather it in nicely

BPE2013@hotmail.com

tires,suspension,converter,boost/timing curve,all play a role but none more important then a driver who understands his car and how to apply power without putting the tire into wheelspin.

I don't see why all these cars are such tire fryers with under 600hp. If they are the tires and suspension arent right. We regularly apply much more on the street. A good electronic boost controller does help feather it in nicely

BPE2013@hotmail.com
What suspension do you recommend? So far for the rear i have UMI upper and lower and air bags....I`m i missing anything else?

Its all about HOW you set it up, angles, height, etc. The previous owner did an awesome job setting it up. Of course street tires dont have a chance, but with the drag radials it seems to hook very well.

What suspension do you recommend? So far for the rear i have UMI upper and lower and air bags....I`m i missing anything else?
The first thing Id do is get is an HR bar. Then I'd get 4 good adjustable shocks. Then I'd switch the control arms, then scale the car. All in that order. The HR bar and shocks are most important

BPE2013@hotmail.com

255-60/15 Mickeys running 93 octane and straight Methanol injection @ 24lbs of boost on a TE60. I roll on the throttle from a dig to keep from spinning. If I mat it from a dig on the street, I'm up in smoke.