I had a bad fealing!

I would check out Westside Performance and Machine like the previous poster said. I took my engine over there a couple of weeks ago with plans of a basic rebuild. I actually picked it up shortly after because I decided to save a little more money and do some upgrades when I go back. Really nice guys over there and they get a ton of business.

I have looked those photos over several times and I still cannot believe my eyes. That engine is so jacked up it is unreal! I would settle for nothing less than a full refund.

G&G Performance Engines!

I know your pain.... I've had a couple unfortunate engine builds before finally getting a decent machine shop... Got screwed once with whoever Conley used, and then again with Conrad... Conrad actually put the wrong crank in my motor!!! I never got any compensation from Conley nor Conrad... Thank goodness EJ Howe had a stock crank laying around... To this day I have no idea what happened to my original crank!!

I had great luck with the guys at:

G&G Performance Engines
22215 Roseway Road
Tomball, TX
281-351-6202
G & G performance Engine - Home Page

I have nothing but good things to say about these guys... They were great communicators, very meticulous with thier work, and did it up right! Motor is still running strong after 3 years of running the crap out of it!

---Ron Jr.

Let Dan at DLS do it this time , you will come out ahead in the long run as you already have found out .

Wow, I and I thought I had seen it all:eek:

I would have to go back to him and present these findings. Worst he can do is tell you to leave...

I feel bad for you bud!

This is just another reason I recommend using board supporting vendors!

Ok guys, here's the deal…I have access to all of the posts that I made from the moment I had this engine built, so a timeline can be established. *I had the motor built and picked it up in Feb. 07. *
I had the stock motor in my car at the time, and it was running fine. *I was in no hurry to put the new motor in, so I did not put new motor in my car until Nov. 08. *After fighting with this motor, issue after issue for about 10 months, I shot the video footage of the failing head gaskets after barely 3000 miles usage. *I sent the video to Conrads he told me to yank it out, get it to him, and he'd make it right. *So $1200 later (of him charging me to make it right) this is what I get back…Everything in the photos you see on this thread. *I called Conrad on 2/6/10 and told him about my displeasure in his work. *He said he would give me my money back in about a month.

Ok now here's the issue, I didn't clarify whether he was giving me all of my money back or just the last $1200 that I gave him. *I didn't think about it till I hung up the phone. *I have all of my receipts and everything that has taken place is and for the most part documented here on TB. *What amount of money do you guys think that I am entitled to? *The $4200 that I initially spent? The $1200 spent after installed and found problems? *Or both amounts?

I just don't know if there is anything that I could do legally because I waited almost two years to put the motor in my car. Tell me what you guys think! *I’d like to know what I should or could do in this situation. *If anyone has any expertise in this area, I’m all ears!

Fighting for your money back is going to be dang near impossible. I would try to get as much as possible. If he's willing to give some back take it. Somethings better than nothing. I too keep looking at these pictures. All I can do is say "damn" over and over. What a mess. I can't believe anyone could do this and put thier name on it.

are those beehive springs installed upside down on the heads?
What the:eek::eek: i didnt know that was possible !!!!! I could have done better than that and the only thing ive ever built is a small block chevy and a couple 2.2 turbo dodge motors:biggrin:

hey robbie this is tboy i pick my motor up today from procell and they did a dam good job and a dam good price i would send people to them they call me about every 2 days to let me know and the cranks the other shop said was bad was not you know what shop iam talking about i would not let her work on my dogs ass let me know if i can help i got some parts a block and heads if you need them just let me know

Fighting for your money back is going to be dang near impossible. I would try to get as much as possible. If he's willing to give some back take it. Somethings better than nothing. I too keep looking at these pictures. All I can do is say "damn" over and over. What a mess. I can't believe anyone could do this and put thier name on it.

I agree. Be respectful to him until you have CASH in hand & then you can go nuts if you like for personal satisfaction? Myself, I would just let him know how I feel & what pics I will be showing to who & he gets to live with that forever! ;)