I had a bad fealing!

scrobbyd

I recently went and picked up my motor from Conrad’s Racing in Houston TX. In case you don't know my story, Eddie Conrad had built this motor for me once it was install in my car I had been losing coolant and found out that the copper head gaskets with receiving grooves that he suggested were not sealing properly. So I took video footage and sent it to him. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/299071-my-motor-coming-back-out.html at that time he told me yank that puppy back out and get it to him and he would make it right. So a week before Christmas I brought the motor back to him and gave him instructions to due away with copper head gaskets and resurface the grooves out of block and heads, if it wasn't gonna effect the performance of my motor. BTW Conrad's did all the port work on the heads and I told him I was gonna go back with RJC head gaskets this time around. This is what I got back, plus another from $1300 and he told me she's ready to go and I should have know more issues. So, me feeling uneasy about Conrad’s I brought my motor to another more reputable machine shop. That I later discovered and who is currently building my father’s GN motor. Just to have them go through and check things out before I go through putting it back in my car. They emailed me today with this.

I recommend taking this down all the way and using a different set of heads and a different block. Should be able to reuse crank, rods, and pistons. This filler did not work as it is not even nor did it fill the grooves all the way. Heads seem to have decon or a substance like JB Weld in the ports. Valves appear to be nothing special. Trash is everywhere....including this scrapped off filler that was in water jacket opening and circulates into water pump, radiator, thermostat. Scuffing in one cylinder. Head bolts appear stock. 8723PT1 Fel Pro head gaskets were installed. The Fel Pro perf head gasket is #1000. I am reluctant to tear into it any further at this time. We do not have any heads or a buildable block on hand. If you find these pieces perhaps we could start again at a later date. We are going to wrap this all up and give it back to you at this time.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,681
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,665
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,671
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 1,665
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,679
More Pics

More Pics

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,662
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,670
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,661
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,669
A few more!

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,684
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,665
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,660
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,687
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,642
Thats It! How would ya'll handle this?

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,643
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,652
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,663
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,686
  • MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,646
good machine shops are hard to come by.

who are you going to have redo it this time in houston?

I've heard nothing but bad things about Eddie Conrad in building V6 motors.

Im not sure what kind of leg you have to stand on. Do you have anything in writing? If, you do take the paper work and the motor back to him and ask for a refund.

I would take everything back to him and have him explain WTF! I would tell him that you belong the Houston Buick club and you will never see another Buick motor from this group again. That is some ****ty work.

Go talk to Cleite at Westside engines and he will get you a good rebuild.

The bad thing is your heads and block are probably scrap unless you want to stay with the receiver groves.

Good Luck.

Sweet machine work, we all get ripped off in our lives, cars, contractors, taxes, etc.
Call DLS/Weber/TA and get a professional to build you an engine, you'll pay, but you won't be screwing around with your engine anymore and you will enjoy the car for a long time.
Mike

If you want the best it cost .... Im sure acouple guys / venders on this board can machine and built a stout buick.... ask around

sorry for your bad luck

lesson

I am sorry to tell you but this is another hard lesson learned in life.In my area out of a whole lot of so called "machine shops" :eek:there is only two that can actually do buick motors big or small block or v6.Next time please investigate before you spend your hard earned cash ..Just my 3 cents .

Take the work up summary from the "new" machine shop and pictures to Conrad. If he is decent he might do something for you.
If he says, "I don't know how it looks like this bc it was a quality rebuild when it left here!?!" Go GODFATHER style on his a$$!!!

On another note, get in touch with discostu on the boards if you want top notch quality work! He knows what it takes to make these engines right. He is in Bryan/College Station.

Motor

Small claims court (5K Max). Maybe you can get a judge that cares (oh sorry very few of those). This conrad guy makes the rest of us motor builders in Texas look bad. Do the work yourself cause there is no one that cares like you do!

Mitch

Sweet machine work, we all get ripped off in our lives, cars, contractors, taxes, etc.
Call DLS/Weber/TA and get a professional to build you an engine, you'll pay, but you won't be screwing around with your engine anymore and you will enjoy the car for a long time.
Mike

X2 !!! takin him to court would be a waste of $$$$, time and most of all aggravation !! Old age talkin here.. Oh you would prob win in small claims BUT see if ya EVER actually SEE the $$$$ !! Lots of aggravation.. NO way would I take that mess back to him to "FIX" ! BUT it's your call to bring on anything ya want to go forward with.

are those beehive springs installed upside down on the heads?

HS Batman!!!
I will post this in the TX section to make DAMN sure none of my TR brothers and sisters EVER drop off a motor at these jokers.
DAMN!!! :mad: