I got walked by a Chevy Baretta...

Still trying to fugure out what a 3400 SII is. If have never see one of them.

No such thing as a 3400 Series II. Its just a 3400. However, there is a 3800 Series II as was installed in the Grand Prix, Monte Carlo, Regal's, Impala's.
A 3400 is 3.4 liter 60° V6.
Proper terminology is 3400 = pushrod motor
3.4 liter = DOHC motor

I know i was just stirring the pot a little. I work on these cars all day long. I cant believe the put turbos on the 3.4 . they must own stock in fel-pro. Because that is all i do is replace intake gaskets on these things. I have see a corsica with a 3800 series 2 supercharged in it with a 5 speed . that is a sleeper. 4door grocery getter. looked like a pain in the butt to get that thing in there.

Yeah they also have the problem with the rear head gasket right at cylinders 1 and 3, but that is more a problem due to the torque to yield bolts. They have the typical late model GM crap gaskets.... all plastic and neoprene. Cant tell you how many 3100 and 3400's I have swapped because of intermix damage from those intake gaskets cracking/crumbling and leaking into the motor. The Vortec 4.3, 5.0 and 5.7's did the same damn thing because the plastic gasket would get hard and start to crumble.
Getting the 60° V6 into those cars is hard enough. A 90° 3.8 has got to require cutting/wedging.

yep those engines have been paying my bills for a long time now .gotta love them. although that new 3.5 has me scared. new gaskets with end seals. oh yeah .that motor was hacked in that car. no heater box no ac. because the radiator was moved way forward where the condenser used to be. i would be afraid to drive that car. the guy told me the motor and trans were solid mounted to the frame. must drive real nice

OK! I am going to the track on sunday weather permitting... We will finally see how off my tune is... Im also inviting my Baretta friend to join me!:D I think he will trap higher than me, but I will run quicker...

I will be happy when my car runs 12.7 so then it will be faster than my old bracket bike :biggrin:

hey guys i own that beretta the mods i have are as shown....

1996 beretta w/a 00' 3400, 3500 heads 3500 lower intake manifold, 36lb hr injectors, t3 t4 63ar 60 trim, front mount intercooler, greddy rs BOV, tial 38mm wastegate, 180* hypertech thermostat, fidanza flywheel, TG LSD, spec stage III clutch, ffp udp, tranzgenic cold air, walbro 255 lph, ffp dogbone, Ingall Camber Bolts, GM strut tower brace, z51 rear sway, fe3 front sway, new 92 5sp tranny, 92 subframes, poly control arm bushings, poly sway bar bracket bushings, poly endlinks, poly z51 bushings, carcustoms poly mount, kyb shocks and struts, eibach springs, battery relocated to trunk, TGP 2 bar map sensor, DHP Powrtuner, euro headlamps, euro tails, viper 791xv, and more to come soon...

and the spring in my tial is a 5.8 spring..that is all im running for boost...right now... lol

me and adam will have to line up at the track as soon as i get some slicks.. but i know by then ill be running upwards of 10psi which will hopefully knock me past 360whp

It is a fair set of hi-po parts...... I had visions he got whipped by a stock baretta with just a turbo added....

60 degree motors seem to take boost well from what I've seen, there was a low 12s Cavelier Z34 on one board with a stock 3.4L Venture motor in it, and another guy on thirdgen.org was running a 3.1 camaro also deep in the 12s with a 3.1. The flow bench data I've seen for 3.1 heads stock is pretty damn incredible, near 200 on the intake and almost 170 on the exhaust. I hate to think of what the heads could do in the hands of a competent porter and with a non-stock cam. I wouldn't be surprised if he was bluffing on the power he was making.

well i was out playing around and the dinky 3400 decided it didnt like the power it was making... and i lost both 5 and 6 rods and pistons...(wrist pins were yanked out of pistons at about 6k rpm...lol made a cool noise..

cars about to get a new 05 3500 from a malibu maxx with a nice fat cam... 400hp here i come.... lol ill hit you up adam when its running again..

I love those berreta's. its just hard to find them in good shape in new england i had one with a 3.1 and an auto. i had bought a new ford pickup and needed somethimg to do with the car. So i strapped the nitrous from my mustang on it and headed to the streets. It took a 125 shot for about 3 races before it started knockin real loud:eek: and it got loaded on the trailer. i did beat a 5.0 stang and a 305 camaro with it:biggrin: