I broke my Buick...

Regardless of how fast and / or quick it will be, it's still a rustang. J/K, Nordy.
Mike, you still playing Bill Jordan of the INS?

Hush... Nordy might actually show up at a cruise while the rest of the Buick crowd sits broken down :)

Side note:

Seriously, this Chicken motor is one of the most tortured 109 blocks that I can remember. especially considering that it was a stock build.

A few other ledgendary 109s would have to be.

*Morgan Haden's first Turbo Buick. Back in the day before good data loggers and wide band 02's, this thing had many hundreds of eleven second passes over many years. Other than the valve cover gaskets, the long block had never been apart. He drove the crap out of it every day. He had a baby seat tucked inside the roll bar. Was a regular at car shows. What was really amazing was that he didn't even start racing the thing untill it had over 200,000 miles on the engine.:eek:

*Mike's (Nordy racer) GN. Bill Anderson built 109 engine that did 9s for many years faithfully with no issuse. Not sure how many mid to high 9 second passes it had on it when he sold it, but I'm sure that it was in the hundreds.

Looking back on these ledgendary 109s, they all had one thing in common. A safe tune...

Mike Barnard

I LOVE it...your like me sir.. Build these cars just to beat them and beat others lol Sooner or later we will pay..... perfect motor and 0 kills < blown motor with 50 kills

LOL
Gary summed it up.
The constant WOT pressure from my right chicken leg finally had it's way with the bottom end of the motor.

Alky was topped off...alky was primed...wasn't the alky.
No transitional knock....and my policy for daily driving was always to keep the tune intentionally rich and alky set to max.

Lord knows I beat the stew out of this thing....it was a matter of time, and time it was...

Tim,

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a 3.625" steel crank if you and Lou need a foundation for your next motor.

Neal

Doesn't this remind you of the old days when we used to antagonize each other. Welcome back but don't expect any mercy lol

yep, those were the good old days.. i was going to type that i now have your Z06 in my cross hairs, but i didn't want to antagonize you lol..

yep, those were the good old days.. i was going to type that i now have your Z06 in my cross hairs, but i didn't want to antagonize you lol..
Nordy no matter what I could do to my Z06 or you with your mustang there will always be some Buick that could easily embarrass us.

Seriously, this Chicken motor is one of the most tortured 109 blocks that I can remember. especially considering that it was a stock build.

A few other ledgendary 109s would have to be.

*Morgan Haden's first Turbo Buick. Back in the day before good data loggers and wide band 02's, this thing had many hundreds of eleven second passes over many years. Other than the valve cover gaskets, the long block had never been apart. He drove the crap out of it every day. He had a baby seat tucked inside the roll bar. Was a regular at car shows. What was really amazing was that he didn't even start racing the thing untill it had over 200,000 miles on the engine.:eek:

*Mike's (Nordy racer) GN. Bill Anderson built 109 engine that did 9s for many years faithfully with no issuse. Not sure how many mid to high 9 second passes it had on it when he sold it, but I'm sure that it was in the hundreds.

Looking back on these ledgendary 109s, they all had one thing in common. A safe tune...

Mike Barnard

I'm a little misty after reading that...me...a Turbo Buick legend...you say the nicest things....
Momma's gonna be so proud... I finally did amount to something...

...but since we're making a list....I think we should throw fellow Southwestern section member RJ Reynolds in there too...he's made 100's of passes on his high mileage unopened long block with the most recent ones in the 10.90's....he's doing something right too.

Tim,

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a 3.625" steel crank if you and Lou need a foundation for your next motor.

Neal

Thanks Neal.
It'll be awhile before I kick Papa Lou into action...and building that rotating assy for Meanchicken reliability is what it'll be all about...
...but I have to ask....
Is it for free?
LOL....trust me...Lou here's that silly question from me more than anyone....

Thanks Neal.
It'll be awhile before I kick Papa Lou into action...and building that rotating assy for Meanchicken reliability is what it'll be all about...
...but I have to ask....
Is it for free?
LOL....trust me...Lou here's that silly question from me more than anyone....
Chicken, I would like to build a nice engine for you this time. One with some stronger pieces. What you need most since you drive it everyday & every intersection is a race is reliability not a grenade. Hope you win the lottery though.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread...but did Tim break his Buick from racing a Honda Civic? Just wondering :)

Just messing with ya Tim...Miss ya buddy!

I'm too lazy to read the whole thread...but did Tim break his Buick from racing a Honda Civic? Just wondering :)

Just messing with ya Tim...Miss ya buddy!

Go troll the kill section for a bit to see what I've been killing more recently ;-)

....that said....I broke it while chasing a modded Evo up the hill on Santiago Canyon just after Irvine LAke heading into Orange....
In a fit of pure comic timing...or maybe poetic justice....I ended up parked at the entrance of the Santiago Canyon landfill for over an hour waiting for a tow truck.

3 whole pages of I broke my Buick wahhhhhh :( booo hooo!!! I've never seen anybody cry so much about it, if your looking for sympathy or donations you wont get them, specially from your next engine builder or engine builder from whom your always getting freebies all the time.. LOL good luck with your next engine Tim.. ;) I am just busting your chops.

On the other hand:
Rice Rocket +1
Buick Brick -1 and broke down.. :biggrin:

3 whole pages of I broke my Buick wahhhhhh :( booo hooo!!! I've never seen anybody cry so much about it, if your looking for sympathy or donations you wont get them, specially from your next engine builder or engine builder from whom your always getting freebies all the time.. LOL good luck with your next engine Tim.. ;) I am just busting your chops.

On the other hand:
Rice Rocket +1
Buick Brick -1 and broke down.. :biggrin:

Ooooh...I was getting ready to stroke your fure the wrong way...;)
Yes....absolutely.....I am looking for sympathy and donations.