I broke my Buick...

Ok..I might have missed it..but..before the chicken got fried were u winning? No shame in going down swinging! :)

I'll try and continue the "stock bottomend Vs. the world" in your honor. LOL

Man, pull the belt off that thing and crank it up. Prolly locked up the alternater or something. LOL!

Wouldn't that be nice. :biggrin:

RL

Really sorry to hear of your loss, MC.

The Chicken Coup has been an inspiration, no doubt. And it will rise from the ashes!

But really, a Camaro?

Ok, well I guess it will have to do in the pickle you've put yourself in.........knucklehead!

I'm pretty certain you and Lou will somehow scrape something together......... even his junk pile stuff seems to have some sort of special mojo.......

As a fellow Lou groupie, I have learned ya just gotta love him, no matter how hard he tries to run you off........:eek:

Grumpy Old Focker!:D
I try not to run anyone off. Maybe a little spanking now & then. I do have the parts to make Chicken whole again . But first he must first suffer for his sins & beg for atonement.

I try not to run anyone off. Maybe a little spanking now & then. I do have the parts to make Chicken whole again . But first he must first suffer for his sins & beg for atonement.
Chicken? On one knee or two?
Supposedly, he only did that for the missus.

Well that’s just friggin great…now what?!!! I am going to start having to go out to lunch because now there is nothing worth reading on the great world wide web anymore! Maybe I will start working through lunch now too. Sure am sorry about the GN, hope you get her up and running like you want it soon……..We will try and pick up some of the slack over here.

Really sorry to hear of your loss, MC.
The Chicken Coup has been an inspiration, no doubt. And it will rise from the ashes!
But really, a Camaro?
Ok, well I guess it will have to do in the pickle you've put yourself in.........knucklehead!
I'm pretty certain you and Lou will somehow scrape something together......... even his junk pile stuff seems to have some sort of special mojo.......
As a fellow Lou groupie, I have learned ya just gotta love him, no matter how hard he tries to run you off........:eek:
Grumpy Old Focker!:D

Lou and I already discussed...he always takes good care of me as a customer....
He alsready has pretty much everything I'd need to get back on the road and as always, his prices are more than fair.
It's a matter of me...I mean....my wife.... freeing up the funds...

Yes...the 68 Camaro in my sig....I bent the axle a couple years back when I ran out of tallent when short shifting into third in the middle of a smokey burn out while sideways and spun it into a curb. Bent the axle, broke the roto, tattered the rim and killed the tire.
I have the new axle and brake rotor...just need to get some new wheels and tires (17's), and also need to rebuild the carb while I'm at it...should be on the road again for about $1K in investment...then I'll probably sell it and use some of that cash to get the Buick running again.

Tim, it happens to the best of us man. It was only a matter of time, and I'm still surprised it ran this long to be honest with you. It's like the car was possessed or something of the sort. I personaly have never meet anyone that has flogged their car more than you. Hope it get's sorted out soon.... I'm sure you will be going with a forged build next. Can we change you name from meanchicken - to - psychochicken? I have a feeling you will be stepping things up a knotch or too....:wink:

RB

Ok..I might have missed it..but..before the chicken got fried were u winning? No shame in going down swinging! :)

I'll try and continue the "stock bottomend Vs. the world" in your honor. LOL

I was gaining and about to make my pass....so technically...I think I was winning even tho I never got around him. ;-)

Chicken? On one knee or two?
Supposedly, he only did that for the missus.

Yup...she knows how to make me beg....wags her pretty parts in front of me that I like to play with, tells me some are free and others will cost me...etc.

Hey...wait a minute...Papa Lou does that too...just with Turbo Buick parts....
Similar....yet totally different....:eek:

Tim, it happens to the best of us man. It was only a matter of time, and I'm still surprised it ran this long to be honest with you. It's like the car was possessed or something of the sort. I personaly have never meet anyone that has flogged their car more than you. Hope it get's sorted out soon.... I'm sure you will be going with a forged build next. Can we change you name from meanchicken - to - psychochicken? I have a feeling you will be stepping things up a knotch or too....:wink:

RB

I hear ya.
Lou and I discussed this a bit....probably go with the same heads and cam assuming they canbe salvaged, and then have him build a short block with a stornger rotating assy, etc for better reliability. I'm honestly making plenty of power for a daily driver....just aiming for something that has improved odds of lasting under my torterous right foot...not taking away from how well this old motor did especially considering the fact that I overheated it quite a bit a couple summers ago when my cooling system was not up to par for an FMIC, and never let off. I could happily go with the exact same build again and would recommend it to anyone with very high confidence in Lou's quality.

I hear ya.
Lou and I discussed this a bit....probably go with the same heads and cam assuming they canbe salvaged, and then have him build a short block with a stornger rotating assy, etc for better reliability. I'm honestly making plenty of power for a daily driver....just aiming for something that has improved odds of lasting under my torterous right foot...not taking away from how well this old motor did especially considering the fact that I overheated it quite a bit a couple summers ago when my cooling system was not up to par for an FMIC, and never let off. I could happily go with the exact same build again and would recommend it to anyone with very high confidence in Lou's quality.

Lou certainly does build some good stuff!

That's for sure.

He built a SWEET car for me and put one hell of a tune on, too.

I went 10.70 twice last Saturday night @ 126 and 127 on my street MT drag radials and closed exhaust and I wasn't even close to pushing that little car to it's limit.:cool:

sorry about your car.. thats the norm of owning a Buick, i don't miss it.. hope you get her back on the road soon.

Sorry to hear that dude. Know about the $ issue. Mine needs new D/R's, SMC alky pump finally croaked and one front tire has decided to change shape from round to lopsided so it is sitting in the garage with battery tender on it.

At least when you DO get it rebuilt I'm sure it will be better.

Let us know what damage actually occurred.
Terry