Hydroboost problems

Master cylinder is a fresh Cardone reman as is the booster.

I'm wondering the same thing about the brake light being on, that can't be good. :(

Doesnt seem right. Master Cylinder must be toast. I dont understand why your light is coming on either. Do you have the stock porportioning valve in the car? Is it plugged in? If you positve there is no air in those lines, the master is not building pressure.

The instructions that came with the master said if you successfully build up pressure using a dowel to operate the piston (bench bleed), then install it in the car and lose all pressure, your problem isn't the master cylinder. (makes sense).

Can't say I'm "positive" that there's no air, all I can say is that I bled each wheel a bunch of times and it's no different.

Stock proportioning valve.

Well I would seriously get a helper. Are you married or have a girlfriend? They make great helpers when it comes to bleeding brakes! Makes them feel like their wrenching on the car too but in all reality your just using them for their services!!!!!!:biggrin: I know you talked about an udjustable porportioning valve, did you take the stock one off the car at anytime? I'm wondering if your sucking air in from the line somewhere.

Haven't ever messed with the valve or lines yet.

I don't really have anyone who can help me. :( Besides I don't see it being all that different than pumping the pedal 20 times myself and then holding it in place with an object. How many times could it possibly take at each wheel to bleed all the air out? I thought I did more than enough.

Basically ready to give up. Another waste of time and money.

Well I would seriously get a helper. Are you married or have a girlfriend? They make great helpers when it comes to bleeding brakes!

LOL... I have a 6-year old son that does a great job on mine.... If I could teach him to just stay away from the car when riding his bike I would have it made....:cool:

If it makes any difference the brake light was not on immediately. When I first started the car I pumped the pedal a few times and then it came on. Probably messed something up.

And the car does "stop" at the very end of pedal travel, but I don't understand why bleeding wouldn't get any of the air out.

Just got home with the MC bleeding kit can anyone tell me what size the fittings are at the MC so I don't have to guess.

Just got home with the MC bleeding kit can anyone tell me what size the fittings are at the MC so I don't have to guess.
how are you bleeding the brakes? if you are bleeding at the corners you gotta pump them and pump them the crack the bleeder open while someone holds the pedal down the pedal will then goto the floor and fluid and air will come out and the pedal will drop the second person has to hold it on the floor while you close the bleeder screw back so an object wont work..you may wanna try the one man bleeders the auto parts stores sell if you really cant fing a second person to help..also its a possibility that you got a bad master as cheap as they are is try that too before you scrap the whole project:eek:

how are you bleeding the brakes? if you are bleeding at the corners you gotta pump them and pump them the crack the bleeder open while someone holds the pedal down the pedal will then goto the floor and fluid and air will come out and the pedal will drop the second person has to hold it on the floor while you close the bleeder screw back so an object wont work..you may wanna try the one man bleeders the auto parts stores sell if you really cant fing a second person to help..also its a possibility that you got a bad master as cheap as they are is try that too before you scrap the whole project:eek:
I just thought of something else check your rear drums g bodys have a bad habit of the backing plates goin bad and the wheel cylinder will turn just enough to let the pistons pop out and all the fluid run out into the drum this happened to me at the woodward cruise in my dads malibu petal dropped to the the floor while i was slowing down for a turn around:eek: i pushed the petal down again and the brake light was on and just before it hit the floor the front brakes locked up ..i pulled into a pk lot took the wheel off and soon as i started tugging the drum fluid went everywhere (I had another malibu in auto shop with the same prob so i knew to check the back wheels...) i finished the night front brakes only!! :eek: It made for easy burnouts with the 200,000 mile oilburning v6 thought:cool: ...hope this helps...

Yeah on my FIRST trip to the parts store today, I went to look for speed bleeders, but they didn't have the right ones. I definitely want to give those a try though.

I just recently adjusted my rear brakes with the drums off so I would have seen if the wheel cylinders blew up, unless something happened in the last few days.

I just finished bench bleeding the master with appropriate fittings and tubing and I think I might have SOME pedal feel!!

Also been looking into the Motive Power Bleeders where you pressurize the system with a hand pump and purge the old fluid and air that way, but they don't have an exact master cylinder attachment for our application. I'm going to contact them.

I will be happy if I can at least drive it tomorrow.

I was a little nervous when I didn't see any bubbles coming out and the pedal didn't feel much better during the actual bleeding, but once I hooked it all back up I definitely have some pedal pressure, and the pedal springs back up instead of hanging there dead.

I feel like writing to Cardone and saying it's BS that they want to save money on fittings and a couple lengths of tubing and only supply those plugs.

Make sure you get another person to help you bleed those brakes through the lines though. Dont cut it short. Then you'll have the best brakes out there!

Make sure you get another person to help you bleed those brakes through the lines though. Dont cut it short. Then you'll have the best brakes out there!

Yeah, it did slip my mind why a pry bar isn't exactly the same, when the bleeder opens, a person inside will be able to push the pedal down even further to help force out the air. The pedal doesn't move with a pry bar resting on it. :redface:

I was in a similar situation where buddies weren't around to help bleed. If they're still in business check out Phoenix Injection systems. I have one of their kits and it makes the brake bleeding process a breeze and no help is needed.
Instead of the old school way of cracking the bleeder, stepping on the brakes and that repetative process, you use RFI (reverse fluid injection). With the supplied pump you force fresh brake fluid from the bleeder up through the lines with the air being forced out through the MC. The theory is air wants to rise, so it's easier to force it up and out rather than down and out the bleeders.
You'd be surprised how much 'trash' I was able to flush out of my system. I'll be doing it again once I get my line lock situation figured out:mad: .

If you were closer, I'd just help you with the whole install and we would have been done now. How about just asking your neighbors? Offering up a couple brewski's does wonders!

If you were closer, I'd just help you with the whole install and we would have been done now. How about just asking your neighbors? Offering up a couple brewski's does wonders!

Well I've got one car buddy around here but he's currently working night shifts so it's hard to get together.

Fatgnat- Yeah I've heard of the reverse systems like that before too. I think I will invest in something, either the Motive product that forces pressurized fluid from the master, or try to find one of those reverse flow kits.

Could I get away with the "cheapest" one? http://www.motionpro.com/brand_special/phoenix.php

First thing I did was make sure the parking brake was off.

I have a feeling the sensor at the proportioning valve is turning the light on because of all the air in the system.

I think I am going to purchase one of those reverse fluid flush kits. Would be useful on more than just the GN, and it's easier than finding the correct master cylinder adapter to use the Motive products.