What Sensor Is This? And - Do Our TRs Have a Washer Fluid Sensor?

Terbro

Has Member
While trying to hunt down a possible electrical gremlin, I noticed this disconnected sensor. What is it? Forgot. Reconnected it. So you know where you're looking, it's on the intake manifold, in the front, just below and to the right of the throttle body. You can see the Schrader valve of the fuel rail just to the right in the pic.

And...did our TR's actually have washer fluid level sensor installed? I know the light is on the dash, but I can't see any type of sensor in the reservoir. Along with some other problems that happened tonight (my GEN II Translator power went out, causing it to go into limp mode, due to no MAF input, along with code 23 (MAT), the washer fluid light is now illuminated on the dash panel. The reservoir has been 1/2 full. This all happened minutes after I wired up a ground to my fuel pump, splicing the FP ground to the alternator housing. The other symptom is that my battery volts are now over 15. I removed the ground wire, and nothing's changed.

Anyway...do our TR's even have a washer fluid level sensor? I know sometimes GM intended to put stuff on, and then canned the idea half way.

I'll be troubleshooting the GEN II with Bob Bailey (hopefully) tomorrow...that's my main goal, because it barely runs w/o the MAF input...as you can imagine. But as I said, everything happened at the same instant (started running like crap, and the washer fluid light went on)...so trying to connect the dots on this to figure out what it is. Checked all fuses and they're all good.

Attachments

• Some Sensor.jpg
    Some Sensor.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 124
That's actually what gm calls it. It operates the hi-spd coolant fan relay in conjunction w/the A/C hi pressure switch. for example, when you park the car and turn off the ign. and the fan is still running to cool down the engine temp.

looking at your pic ... the cruise control cable end is disconnected from the throttle linkage