Windshield wiper fluid problem

AJ_08

Hello,

Both of my windshield wipers work fine but the washer fluid won't spray out. I hear a clicking noise everytime I push on the "push" part of the stock inside the car to activate the spraying function . No clogs in the lines or blocked screen in the reservoir. Could it be a bad pump? I feel no suction on the rubber line below to the washer reservoir when stock is pushed.

I have not yet tried disconnecting the connector and supplying 12 volts to see if the pump activates - which connector is it?

Any help is appreciated.

The washer motor is powered by the pulse circuit board, not a connector, assuming pulse wiper option. The gray wire in the connector must read +12 as well as the Pink wire.
Do the wipers cycle for 6 seconds with wiper speed switch OFF, Key ON, and wiper chrome tab moved to the wash position?
Did you force fluid down the hose to try to prime the system?
There's a metal clip on the bottom that holds the pump into the wiper motor assembly you could remove it and test it for proper operation or just replace it, that procedure is also done to test the power to the pump with a meter.

The washer motor is powered by the pulse circuit board, not a connector, assuming pulse wiper option. The gray wire in the connector must read +12 as well as the Pink wire.
Do the wipers cycle for 6 seconds with wiper speed switch OFF, Key ON, and wiper chrome tab moved to the wash position?
There's a metal clip on the bottom that holds the pump into the wiper motor assembly you could remove it and test it for proper operation or just replace it, that procedure is also done to test the power to the pump with a meter.
I'll try to provide an update by end of day tomorrow. To replace the washer pump, since it's located at the bottom of the wiper motor, can I simply remove the pump via removing the clip without removing anything else?

FYI - Pumps are avaiable at RockAuto from $8 - $17.

"Do the wipers cycle for 6 seconds with wiper speed switch OFF, Key ON, and wiper chrome tab moved to the wash position?".

Yes, this is true. Works exactly as described. Just no fluid.

For me swapping pumps was easier with the motor unit off. Gave me more room to replace pump & gasket.

Suppose you could try with it still on but in my case that seemed way harder.

For me swapping pumps was easier with the motor unit off. Gave me more room to replace pump & gasket.

Suppose you could try with it still on but in my case that seemed way harder.
Makes sense. Thanks for your experience, it helps. I'll probably go this route of removing the wiper motor assembly unit if I need to replace the washer pump. I hear it clicking when activated, hoping it just needs to be primed. But not sure if the clicking is in fact a sign that it's toast.

Yep. Do ya have to shut the car off to get them to stop? Mine didn’t pump & wipers just kept going.

If so you may have my issue & it’s not the pump. The cam portion under the cover may have broken.

If ya take the cover off(carefully) see if the cam is broken. If so ya need to find an old motor & replace the cam as they’re no longer made.

Yep. Do ya have to shut the car off to get them to stop? Mine didn’t pump & wipers just kept going.

If so you may have my issue & it’s not the pump. The cam portion under the cover may have broken.

If ya take the cover off(carefully) see if the cam is broken. If so ya need to find an old motor & replace the cam as they’re no longer made.
I should have chosen my words more wisely, apologies. Instead of keep on going on forever, I meant to say they function properly. When I hit the wash on the stock, they will activate for 6 or so seconds (i.e., 5 passes on the windshield), then turn off and park themselves in the correct hideaway spot.

There's no washer fluid in the lines at all. So bad pump or it needs to be primed with fluid. Sorry if I'm making this a big deal, I'm sure people are shouting to just replace the pump and be done with it.

Gotcha. No worries. Be careful anyway messing with it. These plastics are no spring chickens😂🤣