Trouble with Windshield Washer Pump

SpeedRacerX

I searched the forum and it helped me quite a bit with the pump location, R&R, etc.

So, when I bought the car a month or so back, the ww fluid reservoir was empty. I was told a new one was put in. It sure looks new. Anyway, my car will never see rain or bad weather but I like when everything works. So I filled the ww reservoir, tried the wipers (they work) but no spray. I thought maybe there could be a fuse for the windshield washer pump but I can't find it.

So, I replaced the windshield washer pump today. That job sucked.

Anyway, it's still not spraying. Wipers work.

I guess there is an electrical issue somewhere?

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Extremely helpful, thank you! Looks like I'm about to get much more intimate with this system than I ever wanted.

So, my car has the delay wipers. The delay setting is not working. Low/Hi works but no delay. Is it possible that the reason the washer fluid pump is not spraying is because the "switch" i.e. the stalk in the car is defective? Since the delay setting is not working, I'm thinking maybe the washer button is not working either. Is that a reasonable guess?

I'm not sure if you need a new stalk or not. When my delay quit working I replaced the wiper motor and that fixed it. If the washer pump does not come with the new motor they are only $15 at Advance less 15% till end of June.