Delay Wiper and Washer Fluid Issues

SpeedRacerX

Brand new washer fluid pump and a new Cruise Stalk. Cruise works. Wipers work on Low and High.

Wipers do not work on delay and the windshield fluid washer does not spray when pressed. It's full and all connections seem fine. Same issue existed with the Cruise Stalk that I just replaced. So, it's not the stalk.

Leads me to believe there is something electrical, relay, fuse or other going on somewhere.

Any ideas?

The last new stalk I replaced, gave me problems, chased it down to the 4 wire connector that it plugs into, double check that connection thorough. It was not making contact on all wires for some reason.

The last new stalk I replaced, gave me problems, chased it down to the 4 wire connector that it plugs into, double check that connection thorough. It was not making contact on all wires for some reason.
How did you correct it? Wiggle it? Dielectric Grease it?

I tweaked the connectors with needle nose pliers, gave them a little twist to each one to make a better contact.

I tweaked the connectors with needle nose pliers, gave them a little twist to each one to make a better contact.
Thanks Man. I will try that. Hope that works.

I just found out there is a wiper/washer switch that the cruise stalk plugs into that sits inside the steering column and houses the cam for the wiper delay and the cam for the wiper fluid. I hope it's not that as I can't imagine that's easy to access and change.

I'll try what you did first and go from there.

Going back in my notes, the 4 wires at the bottom plug were a intermittent cruise control issue with a new stalk. So you may be looking at a differ

At this point, I think it can only be one of two things: 1) the wiper washer switch that's inside the column or 2) some module I've read about that's inside the wiper motor housing. I'm leaning toward 1. Now I just need to figure out how to access it without tearing the whole steering column apart.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• WIPER 87.pdf
    470.3 KB · Views: 100
  • wipers0005.jpg
    wipers0005.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 92