how well does the TA49 work w/ stock converter

Andys87, It looks like your getting a little confused on what turbo you should purchase.I know what that feels like, we all want to get the perfect turbo for our combo the first time around,so we can go fast and not waste any money in the process.What might make your purchase a little easier is to install your alky kit and max out your stock turbo first so you can see what that little turbo can do.Then if it doesn't make you happy you can always purchase a ta49/te44.Most of the fast guys max out there combo first before trying a new one.Remember its not just the turbo selection that makes our cars fast,its the whole combo.

Thats what I've decided on doing. Max out my stock setup w/alchy and other minor bolt-ons and see how it does.

Millimeter size?

Hi guys. I hate to sound stupid but could you tell me "what is millimeter of the TA49" ?

I have at least 2 of the fastest spooling ta49 turbos with the Garrett housing on them. The housings sealing surfaces are freshly ground for a good seal. Pm if interested. IMO a ball bearing cartridge is an insane waste of $ on a turbo that small

I have at least 2 of the fastest spooling ta49 turbos with the Garrett housing on them. The housings sealing surfaces are freshly ground for a good seal. Pm if interested. IMO a ball bearing cartridge is an insane waste of $ on a turbo that small

Andy,You better listen to Bison. He is the MAN on Turbo Buick!!!!!!!!!!!