How far will a comp 212/212 cam take me

I run the 212-212 comp cam and while I haven't turned up the boost over 21lbs my best run was 11.77@104. The mph is low, I lifted because of "ludicrous knock" and coasted the last 100 feet. I have 83lb. injectors and a 6152e so I think you should easily hit low 11's with your combo and with good tuning and more boost:biggrin::biggrin: you should be in the 10's. Good luck. I now have a broken crank or I would be turning up the boost!!!!! Broke at 20lbs.:mad:

well we had 60s with alky.. 9.94 @ 138+ .. Car weight was 3660. Cam was a nice street piece:cool:
Looking for a 9.99. Wanted to make sure I had enough cam before I put new motor in car. Was thinking ls but if this motor can get it done it will be goin I'n

I've got a 212/212 roller cam went 7.39 @ 101.89 1/8 21 psi. with a 1.94 60 dyno #'s in sig.

700whp with supporting parts. 9 sec quarter mile passes. I ran a couple of 10.13's with it. The second one the engine broke around 1000'. It went 6.40ish at 109+ in the eighth. 6680 turbo. I've ran several low 10 sec passes with different stock bottom end engines using variations of the 212/212 cam over the years. I never ran one with a 9:1 or higher CR. It will go 9.70 in a full weight car with the right combo. You will need high octane, proper gearing, abd a torque converter that has some really good coupling ability to run 9.70 with it. It makes the most power around 5400@28-30psi if the heads are really good. Most often it will peak around 5100 with lower boost and heads that flow less than what I used in the quickest I've run

I run the 212-212 comp cam and while I haven't turned up the boost over 21lbs my best run was 11.77@104. The mph is low, I lifted because of "ludicrous knock" and coasted the last 100 feet. I have 83lb. injectors and a 6152e so I think you should easily hit low 11's with your combo and with good tuning and more boost:biggrin::biggrin: you should be in the 10's. Good luck. I now have a broken crank or I would be turning up the boost!!!!! Broke at 20lbs.:mad:
what happend? that seems like really low boost to break a crank?????

Cranks break.. It will take so much an them BOOM.. Life in the big city. I broke a crank on a 220k stock motor getting on an entrance ramp to the highway.. car just stalled. Motor had a lot of mid 11 runs on it.

Likely....

I think this probably contributed to the death..
"The mph is low, I lifted because of "ludicrous knock" and coasted the last 100 feet.":eek:

Cranks break.. It will take so much an them BOOM.. Life in the big city. I broke a crank on a 220k stock motor getting on an entrance ramp to the highway.. car just stalled. Motor had a lot of mid 11 runs on it.

That is called the "unknown" I guess you can hurt it and not really know when you do it and then it shows its ugly head when your not really beating on it. I think that is what happend to me when I torched the head gasket......it let go a 22psi I had 116 in the tank and zero knock and only 22 degrees timing.

My best guess is I hurt it at one time on the street.....I have had some nasty kr while working on the tune....then once at the track that lil bit of extra psi found the weak spot!.....kaboom!

oh ya !!! I raced my wifes new TTA for years 2/3 times a week at the drags. Never mind the beatings on the street :p This was her daily driver. One day she went out to lunch an blew a headgasket just driving along. Of course I never told her that I probably did 99% of the job and she just finished it. :eek::biggrin: That car was a blast. I hallucinate every now an then about another one an put the Alky to it. :p

10.30@130 with flat tappet 212/72LBers/stock ported heads/gt70p Turbo /FMIC/ECM modded for speed density

what gearing would you run Brian ? with say a 28 to 29 inch tire
i run the 315 drag radial and went 6.7 so far with the 3.42 with 1.55 60ft 24lbs of boost with 76 gtq on the 212/212 cam. full weight car. i had summit do the math and they said that equates to 3.08 rear gears. i dunno imma try a 27inch tire next year and see what that gets me then maybe turn it up some. im bad mismatched on parts though lol i bought that turbo with big plans that got sidelined :)

I was runin out of gear with 26's an was hit an miss i got some 1.55 either dead hook or blow the tires off with the foot brake 60fts on 275/50's but i like to be consistant stock long block with a TE-60 ...

ima try an skip the rabbit an pull a monkey out my but with a 212/212 with fwd heads !!!!