Highly recomend lt1 starter!

Did you guys have to shim the gear reduction starter? Only reason i ask is i had a weird pinion gear issue with a starter way back when, and if i remember right it was the gear reduction type. For some reason the pinion gear stuck out too far and interfered with the flywheel.... it was only on that one starter though...

aaron

Did you guys have to shim the gear reduction starter? Only reason i ask is i had a weird pinion gear issue with a starter way back when, and if i remember right it was the gear reduction type. For some reason the pinion gear stuck out too far and interfered with the flywheel.... it was only on that one starter though...

aaron
No changes here at all Aaron

Bryan

Aaron,

Like Bryan said, honestly it was a plug and play, drop the old heavy weight, put the 96 vette starter in it's place, hook up battery, turn the key.

Chuck

They won't care. All they want is a starter. Do you think that they would even notice the difference??

Come on now you're giving them way to much credit.

it's not about the minimun wage keyboard jockey at the counter.. the core rebuilder needs the same core back to rebuild for the next guy.. that's how the system is set up..

I used the gear reduction starter and another benifit is that it tucked the solenoid closer to the block away from the imediate heat of the header and downpipe.
Allan G.