Highly recomend lt1 starter!

liv4gnz

i put my new starter in and it weighed atleast like 8-10 lbs, and took forever to start, not a car issue but a slow turning engine from the original starter.

just installed a 96 corvette starter, it cost 135 brand new, it was about half the weight, half the size and starts up in half the time since it acts like an overdrive on the ring gear!

highly recomended!

i put my new starter in and it weighed atleast like 8-10 lbs, and took forever to start, not a car issue but a slow turning engine from the original starter.

just installed a 96 corvette starter, it cost 135 brand new, it was about half the weight, half the size and starts up in half the time since it acts like an overdrive on the ring gear!

highly recomended!

Where did you buy it? What's the part number?

Any pics?

Thanks

Dave

Should just be a regular starter off an lt1, they're gear reduction which makes it lot easier to turn motor over and faster. Discount has them or auto zone, any local parts store. Just tell them you have a 96 corvette with 5.7 motor that should do the trick. Hope this helps!

correct ^, but i would use a more reputable parts store instead of auto zone, but hey lifetime warrantee if you like changing out starters is up to you, the only issue is it tugged the wires a little bit with less slack from the battary and fusible links from harness, but not enough to make it short or feel like they are gonna pull out.

1479rp.jpg

comparison

actual install

344uq12.jpg

Yeah,
Im jealous about the starter. Ive been meaning to get one for a winter project. Did you need to use different bolts also?

Is it an actual GM starter? Where did you get it?
I need a smaller starter to fit with my TA headers.

Is it an actual GM starter? Where did you get it?
I need a smaller starter to fit with my TA headers.

go to your favorite auto parts store and get a 1996 lt1 corvette starter

or if you want a gm go to gm lol

Heres the auto zone 96 vette grand sport starter and help section bolt kit. Not the best pic but part #'s are in pic

.facebook_1809585998-20130313-200523.jpg

Off to Advanced Auto to get mine..... under $100 after core is returned, lifetime warranty...

Update, bolted right in, wires are a little tighter as mentioned above, but so much lighter and engine cranks over faster :)

Chuck

They won't care. All they want is a starter. Do you think that they would even notice the difference??

Come on now you're giving them way to much credit.
They stand a better chance of identifying the difference between cell phones then starters!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's awesome! Thanks for the tip that's my next upgrade

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I put one of these on my car in January, 1996 Vette LT1 , very light, super fast engine cranking...scared me the first time I cranked it :eek:. Got mine from Oreillys for about $115.00/ lifetime warranty.

Bryan