Highest Mileage on ORIGINAL factory STOCK TURBOCHARGER?

BLACKHAWK38

JUST wondering if any of those out there running stock turbocharger what is the longest service experienced?

I got 93K on stock hot air Riviera, and could have gone alot longer, I destroyed it when a remote oil filter line came off because i forgot to install a 25 cent hose clamp, oh well

Just about NOBODY on the board runs a completly stock car, so this is going to be a hard question to anwser.

Regards

I think mine had about 150,000 miles on it before I pulled it off and installed the TE44. The stocker is still sitting in the box ready to go back on if ever needed.

:) I had 450,000 kms ( 270,000 miles ) on mine before I pulled the motor for a rebuild. Bought the car new so I know every mile. Turbo was working fine when I pulled the motor. In fact, the motor was running great. Thought I'd refresh it before I went racing seriously with it.

George

original owner here from 1986. My turbo lasted for 160,000 till i also like many did a complete rebuild for racing, and bought a ta-62. I actually was amazed at how well a turbo can last, you just have to take care of it. Clean oil is the key i think. I did oil changes every 2500, on the dot!

182,000 Then went to a TE44 and now a TE45a...Stock turbo was in need of a rebuild though...

155,000 on our 86 GN and still going (soon to be a 6131e), the stocker off my car had 110,000 on it before the 44 and is still going strong on a friends car, and my dads 85 went 215,000 before an oil seal blew on his. Now it has 280,000 and its pouring oil in there so i guess its time for a Ta33 to match those ported heads and cam on there ;)

I'm not 100% certain the turbo is original. The previous owner said he was told it was original when he bought it at 125k miles. The car now has 192k miles.