High cost of ownership? Really?

buying a new car isnt the worst financial decision a person can make but a newly used car u can get at a deal is awsome.... my 99 Camaro bought new 32k sticker 34k I call sell it allday for 18k bought a new 06 trailblazer 34k it has 100k miles can sell it for 17k to the right buyer .... Its all about up keep and what you buy
went 11.40's with a stock long block te-60 artcar converter rebuilt trans fuel pump thdp 50lb inj .. put a larger turbo on it went 10.9 .... it costed a little but I drove this car alot
a stock 99 camaro for for 18k:eek: even if it had 60 miles on it you aint coming close to that,your pulling some legs on that and that 100k trailblazer:rolleyes:come on quick ....lol ,and to the op a car is a car ,money is money you spend it and never get it back ,look at my sig a pro charged TOWN CAR ,lol ,o yea lets not forget the 4g i spent just on tires for my mud toy ,or the simple rebuild on my gn that turned in to 9g,and i did 90% of all of it,and a matter of fact any car is a money pit new or old, im 33 by no means rich ,but i love my cars:cool:

These cars are addicting. I know more people with two or three of these cars than any other. I myself had 2 at one time. Parts are cheap and maintenance is cheap.
Anyone want to talk about high prices.... Buy a diesel and start modding it.... Oh and the maintenance on that diesel is going to be rediculous.
like a 6.0 ford go get head studs done 8to 9k and its still stock:eek:

a stock 99 camaro for for 18k:eek: even if it had 60 miles on it you aint coming close to that,your pulling some legs on that and that 100k trailblazer:rolleyes:come on quick ....lol ,and to the op a car is a car ,money is money you spend it and never get it back ,look at my sig a pro charged TOWN CAR ,lol ,o yea lets not forget the 4g i spent just on tires for my mud toy ,or the simple rebuild on my gn that turned in to 9g,and i did 90% of all of it,and a matter of fact any car is a money pit new or old, im 33 by no means rich ,but i love my cars:cool:

belive it or not the Camaro is a 99 ss m6 white top 365 white verts made period in 99 all f body less m6 ss's car has 21k miles.

looked at a 06 tbss with 134k miles guy wants 15k for it an it has less options than mine ... go to an auction and find me an 06 tbss with 100k miles same condition for less ..... I can see u don't buy an sell cars

I bought my 87 GN about 9 yrs ago sliping trans all orig for 10,500 ive got over 30 in it now .. not couning another motor and trans I have for it

btw I think u got shitted on that 9k rebuild ... I got a crate motor for not much more

My post WAS NOT directed at you or anyone for that matter. Just what I belivce. If I offended you or any one on this site I'm truly sorry. Dennis Kirban told me about this site, thinking it would be fun, well it's not fun anymore. This will be my last post, I am off this site permanently

He almost made it 2 months!

lol !
u can have a mid 11 car reasonable if it wasn't rusty an a t top car ... but it cost to be the boss ... no car s cheap when u start modding them
unless its a stock daily driver a TR an cheap shouldn't be in the same sentence. But if u don't mod them they will or can last along time

Wow. Sorry you feel that way (op). I may be done here as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry didn't read through the whole thread but I daily drove my car for a few years with a slightly larger turbo 42.5 injectors modded stock dp hooker exhaust k&n filter and a chip and the cost of ownership/maintenance wasn't bad except for rear tires. It wasn't until I wonter it to be faster and handle better that the cost skyrocketed. But now I should have a very reliable fun car lol

Ill post this for ya.
Thanks for looking

Maybe tuning has come from a long way on 80's 5.0 Mustangs, but back in the 90's you were doing pretty good to run 100 mph traps with just bolts on. (IIRC 95/96 mph was good stock 5 speed mph) To run 12's back then you need sticky tires and either heads/cam/intake, N2O or a SC. It cost about the same money to run 12's with a 5.0 Mustang (heads/cam or SC route) as it did with Turbobuick if you included the price of the car. The difference was the a Turbo Buick was usually about 3K more for the initial purchase price...

The problem with the $1000 N2O/slick mustang today is that on the way home from the track the kid borrowing his daddy's V6 Camry is going beat you on the highway.

People who really really have money don't mention owning ferraris nor do they own them. Lol. .

Sayimg its a rich man's toy is a figure of speech for us poor folk. . . Cause we are constantly throwing money at it. . . Literally!

My 86 year old Dad has been saying that for years. Of course I do the same now. :p Car game no matter what ya have are money pits. It's just some pits are deeper than others. BUT we are having fun right ??? :D

I think the end all of this thread is this, "Penis mightier." "No, Sean Connery, the category is the pen is mightier."

My 86 year old Dad has been saying that for years. Of course I do the same now. :p Car game no matter what ya have are money pits. It's just some pits are deeper than others. BUT we are having fun right ??? :D
Absolutely! Yes that's what its about fun!

I think the end all of this thread is this, "Penis mightier." "No, Sean Connery, the category is the pen is mightier."

"I'll take Jap anUS relations for $600" (Japan US relations)
Or how bout
"Anal bum cover" (an album cover)

Haaa! Good ol' days from SNL!!!

actully a fully loaded 99 t top with 10k on kbb is only worth 6k so please show me different

Kbb may have them priced there, but people are still asking rediculous money for low mileage fbodies. Same thing with fox body mustangs. Find one with decent mileage and you'll pay out your ass for it. The worse part is, people are actually paying these prices.

belive it or not the Camaro is a 99 ss m6 white top 365 white verts made period in 99 all f body less m6 ss's car has 21k miles.

looked at a 06 tbss with 134k miles guy wants 15k for it an it has less options than mine ... go to an auction and find me an 06 tbss with 100k miles same condition for less ..... I can see u don't buy an sell cars

I bought my 87 GN about 9 yrs ago sliping trans all orig for 10,500 ive got over 30 in it now .. not couning another motor and trans I have for it

btw I think u got shitted on that 9k rebuild ... I got a crate motor for not much more
and you must not have looked at my sig freind ,my H/A is no expence spared find anouther one running a 64mm on it and the heads done by the best board member on here ,engine balenced and intake done matter of fact my name is george if you go to bg let know please ,and down here in indiana you can get shit cheap allday ,and no i dont buy or sell, i keep em;)

Kbb may have them priced there, but people are still asking rediculous money for low mileage fbodies. Same thing with fox body mustangs. Find one with decent mileage and you'll pay out your ass for it. The worse part is, people are actually paying these prices.
ya the said part is the mudstain holds its value with over a 100k on it still want 6k and you get on chicago craigslist and find the chevy allday for the dirt

actully a fully loaded 99 t top with 10k on kbb is only worth 6k so please show me different
I wish that book was a dealer... I would buy every one they could get their hands on and pay them a $1,000 profit per unit at those prices.

Simply put, that book doesn't buy or sell cars. I do however, and a 120-150,000 mile Camaro SS coupe, and especially convertible, will bring $6,000 and higher on a wholesale market at pretty much any auction in the country. I watch it week in and week out. And we're not talking about pristine examples, just rough to average cars that will require reconditioning services.

I wish that book was a dealer... I would buy every one they could get their hands on and pay them a $1,000 profit per unit at those prices.

Simply put, that book doesn't buy or sell cars. I do however, and a 120-150,000 mile Camaro SS coupe, and especially convertible, will bring $6,000 and higher on a wholesale market at pretty much any auction in the country. I watch it week in and week out. And we're not talking about pristine examples, just rough to average cars that will require reconditioning services.
get on chicago craigslist sly have a peek i think there is a all black t top with a ls6 or ls7 in it done to the hilt trans suspension dyno sheet ect ect for 10 or 11 ofcourse it aint stock but the ls6 is worth half that no verts but quite a few outhers