High cost of ownership? Really?

I have a simple answer for all this. . . . If ur complaining about cost, don't get into Gn's. Its a rich man's toy. . . There is no car that can go fast cheap. . . Dint comolain about breaking down and cost. . . Its 26 years old!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You could also buy a Buick, store it, rarely drive it and then sell it for more than you bought it down the road. You'll end up making money! But what's the fun in that, these cars are meant to be driven and go fast! I'd rather have a hobby I enjoy than have a hobby I complain about.

"Rich mans toy"? I don't think so. Its a blue collar sleeper. Always has been. Cars that seek 7 second slips are another story.
A stock TR is relatively low maintenance cost to own. Once you start upping the power is when the complaints start to surface.

No matter what car...fast aint cheap.

"Rich mans toy"? I don't think so. Its a blue collar sleeper. Always has been. Cars that seek 7 second slips are another story.
A stock TR is relatively low maintenance cost to own. Once you start upping the power is when the complaints start to surface.

No matter what car...fast aint cheap.

Ha... lol.. I beg to differ. Yes... I agree its a blue collar car, but its a rare breed.. with very limited parts availability. Almost all key components are discontinued. Hence a rich man's toy. . . Its cheaper to restore a 69 camaro than a gn.... once again... parts aavailability. ... you don't see everybody reproducing Gn parts like most other collector cars... You should know this.. u aren't a noob. . .

Ha... lol.. I beg to differ. Yes... I agree its a blue collar car, but its a rare breed.. with very limited parts availability. Almost all key components are discontinued. Hence a rich man's toy. . . Its cheaper to restore a 69 camaro than a gn.... once again... parts aavailability. ... you don't see everybody reproducing Gn parts like most other collector cars... You should know this.. u aren't a noob. . .

But we aren't restoring these cars in this discussion. We are talking about when people complain after they mod the car to go faster. Restoring is a whole other ball game. People who go on to restore these cars do not complain about cost. People restoring cars in general don't complain about cost. They only complain about how much money they get out from reselling the restored cars.

Ya lmao.
If u already own the 69 wait
U can buy a cherry gn for the same price if not cheeper then u can buy a ragged out 69 camaro for. Asfar as parts being reproduced for the gn.
More and more are comming out everyday . How many venders we have. And there are a ton of others aswell.

But we aren't restoring these cars in this discussion. We are talking about when people complain after they mod the car to go faster. Restoring is a whole other ball game. People who go on to restore these cars do not complain about cost. People restoring cars in general don't complain about cost. They only complain about how much money they get out from reselling the restored cars.

Yes I understand. . . Its still a rich man's car even @ a stock level.... yes u can go fast with little money.. but when it breaks & more than likely it will....lots of $$$ to fix right.

Yes I understand. . . Its still a rich man's car even @ a stock level.... yes u can go fast with little money.. but when it breaks & more than likely it will....lots of $$$ to fix right.

With no do it yourself attitude yea it will cost loads of money. I'm 23, have a job sort of in my field, and have a GN and will be having car payments soon. Living at home helps me live the way I do. So I guess I'm a rich man because I have a GN and I never won the lottery to do so. Interesting....

Using common sense and some logic as well as old school with a new school sort of process of elimination when problems arise, will always help to fix the car. The GN is still a car and jus like anything else, has an engine tranny and computer to make it run right.

Ya lmao.
If u already own the 69 wait
U can buy a cherry gn for the same price if not cheeper then u can buy a ragged out 69 camaro for. Asfar as parts being reproduced for the gn.
More and more are comming out everyday . How many venders we have. And there are a ton of others aswell.

U can buy a nice 69 cam for 20 - 25k.. or aroumd here I can... Now remember there is an ass for every seat. If somebody paid a premium for a ragged out 69 that's there fault... lol.
Irregardless its not cheap to own both.... now for resale.. that's a different situation. 69 camaros are not readily available.... gn's are.... so u can resell a 69 and make a profit. But we have to many Gn owners that don't give there cars enough value.. amd this usually comes from the financial point of owner... he may be strapped for cash amd need to sell it so he gives it away! ( I mean sold cheap) its all about demographics. U don't get some broke mofo buying a 69 cam... usually they have good financial stability amd don't make stupid moves like that... u see it more often with Gn owners because its a rich man's toy that an average household joe is trying to own. And whem the time comes he will give it up cheap because he needs the money. . . People with financial stability dont do that...
JOB = Just Over Broke
Career = FINANCIAL STABILITY!

Shoot... I saw a all original GN with 37k original miles sell for $6500 dollars... that was a steal, but they are out there..

With no do it yourself attitude yea it will cost loads of money. I'm 23, have a job sort of in my field, and have a GN and will be having car payments soon. Living at home helps me live the way I do. So I guess I'm a rich man because I have a GN and I never won the lottery to do so. Interesting....

Using common sense and some logic as well as old school with a new school sort of process of elimination when problems arise, will always help to fix the car. The GN is still a car and jus like anything else, has an engine tranny and computer to make it run right.

Consider yourself lucky to have been able to pick it up.... Play your cards right... take care of the car... and you WILL turn a profit... But be prepared to spend some cash...lol... God know I have...and still am... lol...and still wouldn't give it up...

You could also buy a Buick, store it, rarely drive it and then sell it for more than you bought it down the road. You'll end up making money!

NO WAY !!! Look at guys that bought GNX's or GN's NEW. GNX's were costing roughly $40/50K.. Put $50k in the bank in 1987 and you would make more $$$$ than "storing" a new car. AND that would be a waste of a car !! :p Oh you can take a stock TTA with Drag Radials , chip, dumptube, LU switch and race gas in the 11s. :D

To each his own. I've been in the Buick game for a while. I don't consider maintenance expensive. I consider it a pleasure.
Now when I bought big turbos...that's a lot of mulah for two moving parts!

I think our vendors should be commended on how they have kept replacement parts cost down.

The initial expense of a TR takes a chunk out of your wallet, especially for the right car. I'm out of the " my car is faster than yours" game. I like, love stock TR's.

I would never look at any car as an investment, or a good investment anyways. You guys could argue until you're blue in the face about which car is cheaper and blah blah blah. Any car you modify enough will cost you a lot of $$$. I know there are exceptions and everyone has a story about someone they know who removed the air box lid and ran 11's on whatever car. I'm not that old and haven't been in the car game for as long as a lot of you, but when it comes to modifying and racing a car, you better have money to spare because it's expensive no matter what car you're running.

Cheap,fast,reliable

You can only pick two.

Hey for whatever it's worth you can't take the car or your money with you. When you get to be my age nobody gives a shit.notacarlo is so right. I have a 87 GN got it new in 87 for $18,197. Keep it stock until 12/12. It's not stock anymore. There is people on this board thinks that crazy. It's worth so much more stock, really a12,000 mile GN you did mods. Well I don't give a rats ass about value. It's really about what makes you happy. If you want to talk about costs with up- keep, the GN is a piece cake. I have a 2009 Ferrari 430 spider 4.3 V8 483hp at 8,500 rpm"s. Anybody here have any idea what it costs to maintain this car.my GN is fun, to spend money on a car that nobody had any idea 25 years ago that it would be viable in today's world is a testament

I do ;)

Me too. But I known I can't afford it. Just the brake job would keep us from paying all my bills that month(and maybe some from the subsequent month).

Hey for whatever it's worth you can't take the car or your money with you. When you get to be my age nobody gives a shit.notacarlo is so right. I have a 87 GN got it new in 87 for $18,197. Keep it stock until 12/12. It's not stock anymore. There is people on this board thinks that crazy. It's worth so much more stock, really a12,000 mile GN you did mods. Well I don't give a rats ass about value. It's really about what makes you happy. If you want to talk about costs with up- keep, the GN is a piece cake. I have a 2009 Ferrari 430 spider 4.3 V8 483hp at 8,500 rpm"s. Anybody here have any idea what it costs to maintain this car.my GN is fun, to spend money on a car that nobody had any idea 25 years ago that it would be viable in today's world is a testament

If u can afford a Ferrari. ..... you don't worry about cost.... like I said a Rich man's toy.... point proven!
I work @ a car dealership amd I laugh.... people come in wanting to buy a zr1... its 120k.... min 1800 payment... and they ask why a brake job is so expensive.... about 3k... if u can afford a 1800 car payment u don't cry about a brake job. Lol. Its mind boggling. . U can afford a zr1 amd cant afford a brake job...lol U REALLY CANT AFFORD A ZR1... rich man's toy.

NO WAY !!! Look at guys that bought GNX's or GN's NEW. GNX's were costing roughly $40/50K.. Put $50k in the bank in 1987 and you would make more $$$$ than "storing" a new car. AND that would be a waste of a car !! :p Oh you can take a stock TTA with Drag Radials , chip, dumptube, LU switch and race gas in the 11s. :D
Buying a car is the WORST FINANCIAL decision a person can make. Never has there been anything that looses value as fast as an automobile.