Help with what turbo I need.

Well I went to the track friday night.

Ran a 7.35 at 97 mph with a crappy 1.79 60 ft ( Could have been a 7.15 or so with a good 60 ft ) at 18.5 lbs of boost. Track was really bad that night as we had several blow ups on it.

Did not lock the convertor either. The convertor is a mystery convertor to me as it was in a car that I bought. Its a 9/11 lockup with a 3000 stall or so.

Let me know what you think.

Here is a powerlogger file. PLX wideband setting with a 3 bar map

I looked at your log. Something doesnt seem right with the boost. I have a 6262 journal bearing turbo and my boost is at 5lbs at 3,000RPMs. Yours still shows vacuum. Have you compared your boost gauge to what the Power Logger says? Another way is to look at the voltage on the PL screen for the 3 bar map on the "Config and Download" screen with just the key on. The volts would be 1.6 volts in a perfect world. But should be between 1.5 and 1.6. If it is lower than 1.5 volts than it is reading low. I think your PL may be reading a few lbs low. But post back the key on voltage on the PL.

I looked at your log. Something doesnt seem right with the boost. I have a 6262 journal bearing turbo and my boost is at 5lbs at 3,000RPMs. Yours still shows vacuum. Have you compared your boost gauge to what the Power Logger says? Another way is to look at the voltage on the PL screen for the 3 bar map on the "Config and Download" screen with just the key on. The volts would be 1.6 volts in a perfect world. But should be between 1.5 and 1.6. If it is lower than 1.5 volts than it is reading low. I think your PL may be reading a few lbs low. But post back the key on voltage on the PL.

That log is a run with the old 9/11 lockup converter. It was still in vac at 3000 because the converter was super super loose.

I will check the volts on the config and download page tho and see what its reading.

What is you duty cycle at on the big end? You have that thing running good!

Thanks to all who have posted that its running good! :D

Im happy with the times and I would agree there is a lot more in it when I turn it on up and really get after it.

I did drive the car to the track and back home. 3 hours total to and from the track. Ac blowing, cruise on, radio playing etc. This is a street car after all. I think that in itself is impressive. I was out running full on drag cars at the track. :eek:

Duty cycle is at very very high 90's when the rpms start to get over 5500 so thats about it for the 79lb injectors.

I will get a new powerlogger file posted here soon.

That log is a run with the old 9/11 lockup converter. It was still in vac at 3000 because the converter was super super loose.

I will check the volts on the config and download page tho and see what its reading.

If the converter was loose then the boost should have been even higher. I think something is up with the boost on your PL or MAP could be goofy. But your boost seems a few lbs low for sure on the PL reading.

If the converter was loose then the boost should have been even higher. I think something is up with the boost on your PL or MAP could be goofy. But your boost seems a few lbs low for sure on the PL reading.

Map volts key on engine off fickers between 1.526 and 1.531 volts.

Boost gauge matches pl readings from the times that I checked before, but I will check again here in the next few days.

Dang injectors.... well a street car it is for sure!

I knew that turbo would kick butt, how do you like the ported shroud sound and compressor surge control when passing cars on the highway?

Do you plan to work on the suspension and 60ft, do fuel upgrades, or enjoy it the way it is for now?

Map volts key on engine off fickers between 1.526 and 1.531 volts.

Boost gauge matches pl readings from the times that I checked before, but I will check again here in the next few days.

Looks good then. Just seems weird that the turbo is not into a few lbs of boost at 3,000 rpms. I can get 1.5X 60fts at 3200 with my 6262. I have a stock cam though too. Not sure if that matters or not.

Dang injectors.... well a street car it is for sure!

I knew that turbo would kick butt, how do you like the ported shroud sound and compressor surge control when passing cars on the highway?

Do you plan to work on the suspension and 60ft, do fuel upgrades, or enjoy it the way it is for now?

I like the ported shroud sound and there is no compressor surge at all when in the mid boost range or any boost range.

I do plan on getting the 60 fts down to where they should be. However I belive this was the last time for the track this year. So it will have to wait tell spring.

120lb injectors and bob bailey's 2 step are on the to buy list and will be on the car by spring.

But for now im just going to enjoy the car for this fall.

It is possible that a really loose converter will not load the engine to produce boost. Just like rev'ing it to 4000 in park.......no load to produce boost.

It is possible that a really loose converter will not load the engine to produce boost. Just like rev'ing it to 4000 in park.......no load to produce boost.
Timing and increased CR will increase the engines torque while off boost also and can raise the stall speed before boost hits.

Powerlogger file of the 1/8 mile 7.05 et 99.98 mph with a 1.68 60ft run with the new ptc 9 1/2 nl converter.

Attachments

• run 3 10-26-10.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 38