Help with what turbo I need.

It depends on how important the spool up is to you since you have a projected stall target. I didnt pay the extra for the BB version. It would help with spool but traction is already an issue:biggrin:

Will it last longer???:confused: You never know these days....

Well a billet 6265 journal bearing turbo is what I think im going to get.

Then im going to get a Dusty Bradford 9 1/2 inch NL convertor and have him set it up with whatever stall speed, etc he thinks is best. From the sounds of it he knows what he is doing :biggrin:

E cover or S cover?

E cover would be the easy way as it will bolt up to everything I have now. However I have been told the S cover is the way to go.

.63 A/R also correct :confused: not .85 A/R

It helps with part throttle surge in the highway passing and changing lanes. It also sounds wicked at 0-5 psi. Loud whistle .

How much for the ported shroud? Never had an issue here.

Not sure but the e cover is only a $100. I ordered it that way and had the same on my last turbo too. If you're in Chicago you are welcome to come check it out. I had lots of surge at part throttle with my Te-45.

Ok so a billet 6265 journal bearing turbo .63 A/R with an S cover with ported shroud option is what im going to get.

Then a Dusty Bradford 9 1/2 inch NL convertor is next on the list. I will have him set it up with what ever stall speed, etc he thinks is best.

Where is the best place to buy the turbo from?

I would call Hartline, precision, full throttle, Otto and a few other to get their prices.

Well her she is!

A billet 6265 journal bearing turbo .63 A/R with an S cover with ported shroud option

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• shooting for 10's 054.jpg
    shooting for 10's 054.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 601
  • shooting for 10's 055.jpg
    shooting for 10's 055.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 597
That's a sweet turbo, with the PTC and traction you should easily be able to pull high 10's on moderate boost.

Fill us in on how that spools and pulls vs your current turbo and converter. I'm going to that very turbo next year.

Its beautiful! How much for that turbo and what down pipe is recommend for it. I'm looking to get a new down pipe and a new turbo too.

I think you made an excellent choice and I am envious over the ported shroud; not available when I got mine Be prepared to port the heck out of the wastegate hole.:biggrin:

You'll probably get to the track sooner than I do but I look forward to seeing how your car performs.

Dusty Bradford 9 1/2 inch NL convertor is ~ $1000. Talk to him about it or maybe Patrick will chime in.

IMO- get a journal bearing turbo, non billet too.

Ding, ding, ding. Excellent post. Best post on this thread. I like how guys are rec'ing turbos but leave the OP's goals out of it and try to make up reasons why he should get a turbo that will provide low 10 sec air when he wants to run high tens with it cranked and mid 11's with it on a mild tune. Now he thinks the best choce is a 6265:rolleyes:. The mid 11 sec goal could be done on 93 octane with no alky injection. The 6265 journal would be my choice for a combo where the owner wants to run low 10's with 25-30psi. That good old cheap dinosaur journal e cover PT54 would shave off some wasted $ from this build. It would be loads of fun if an old Garrett .63ex was to with it too;) even though it would add about $150 to it with the Garrett. It could be done with a 16 blade PTC and be loads of fun on the street. While the other dopes cant get their slow spooling turds to come alive you will be gone enjoying your 2 bus length hole shot.

man, thats a nice turbo. how much you pay?

also i agree with bison, nothing like the good old PT54.

Dang Bison I thought you were dead :D.

Them old school little turbos get it done but hey the new ones sure look pretty ;).

you damn right they do. looks sexy as hell compared to the 6131 we have on the car

I don't see anything wrong with the one he picked. His Sig shows he has the tuning items and he wasnt trying to pinch pennies. How many ten second e85 cars on this board? Now he has a turbo he will be able to enjoy for a while and its new. Not a crap shoot from the parts for sale section. Can a smaller and older turbo get the job done, yes.10s on the stockers has been done but how easy was it? He picked a 62 not 76. If Dusty does his job on the converter he will spool fine. I think he will like his new additions.