Help with cam selection

corkynjimmy

I'm pretty new to the TB thing and am in the process of building my first one. My car is an 85 t type. I just bought a nice pt54 turbo conversion, ported intake, alky injection, orange stripe converter, and 72lb injectors. Car has a hotwire kit and a 86-87 ecm in it already. I'm going to pull the heads off when I'm doing all the work and install valve springs and have the heads ported. I work out of town alot so the car wont get driven too much and when it does get driven it will be mostly to the track to run it. I've been looking at the comp 212/212 but need some help/opinions. I want to get the cam ordered (or maybe someone has one for sale on here) so I can get my TT chip ordered and get going on this thing. Any help is appreciated!

id go with a smaller cam unless you are getting one of those intakes that g body parts sells thats been cut open and re worked. If you have that intake the 212/212 cam will work well. There are a lot of better options out there than an orange stripe converter. If you want the best it will cost about $1k. If you go with a cheaper 10" lockup it will be about $550. The performance difference is very noticeable if you are running the combo hard.