Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

I posted earlier that I would be up for wrenching or any other help as I was in New Orleans, but work has taken me to Texas and sounds like I'll be heading west from here. Best of luck and wish I could have see the unveiling!

Thanks for offering Turbotroy. I appreciate your support and wish you the best on your location change. I hadn't contacted you for any help because all I've had to do is pull the engine and tranny. Everything else is staying on the car and being transported whole. I have family in Houston. Post up where you'll be located and maybe we can meet.

thats a pretty cool little gizmo, let us know how it works.
real borescopes have a trigger that (i believe) moves a mirror so you can look at the underside of the heads and all around inside there. The eBay unit seems a bit simpler.
but for 20.00, how can you lose....? (unless they send you the wrong one)
:)
Bob

Cool little gizmo indeed. It arrived today. I just got a chance to peep in the engine. I spiraled a wire around the borescope wire so that I could shape the angle of view inside the cyclinder. Without that all you'll do is look down at the piston face. It takes a little bit finagling to see everything you want but it can be done. I did not try to look up at the cylinder head. What I saw was shiney clean cylinder walls on 5 cylinders. One cylinder had some small rust spots in there. The sparkplug hole had rust in the threads so I think some water may have been sitting in the sparkplug hole long enough to get a trickle in the cylinder. I sprayed some WD-40 in there and chased it with a cotton swab. That took out some of the rust...we aren't talking about very much at all. I shot a little more WD-40 and put the borescope back in. I could see that I'd washed more away. Watching the borescope display I rotated the engine and watched the piston come up push the rust with it. Rotated the engine back and the cylinder is damn near perfect. Its got a little rust residue swimming down the wall in WD-40 but thats it. I believe the engine is ready for action. When I get back out there (maybe tomorrow) I'll see if I can capture video and post it so you all can see how these little doohickeys work.
Sent the injectors to Chuck today and got GNGal's donation out as well.

Thanks hon... your a sweetheart for doing that =)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well, I haven't been on here in a little while. Thought I'd let everyone now my trailer is ready (it's been sitting for a while so it needed 4 new tires and tail lights). We will still be leaving Friday afternoon Sept, 27 and driving to Clay's house. We will load the car up and then crash there with plans to leave Saturday morning with the car headed to Knoxville for the first part of it's journey. :D

Well, I haven't been on here in a little while. Thought I'd let everyone now my trailer is ready (it's been sitting for a while so it needed 4 new tires and tail lights). We will still be leaving Friday afternoon Sept, 27 and driving to Clay's house. We will load the car up and then crash there with plans to leave Saturday morning with the car headed to Knoxville for the first part of it's journey. :D

I wish you had more time to spend here. I have a little something lined up for you guys. Should be fun. Thanks for doing this and see ya when you get here.

Things will start to happen real soon fellas.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

SWEET!!!! We probably won't get there til about 9pm-ish. FYI. But we are going to try and leave earlier

OK. 9pm-ish means that we will have to load the car in the morning. It also means that your food just got better because I'll be cooking it at the house rather than taking you out to eat....Muhahaha!!! I look forward to meeting you all and seeing your critique of my cooking.;)

I received the injectors back from Chuck, I'm popping them in and I am getting the engine cleaned up and ready for transport. Moving right along.

Ill call you later this week we are going to try and pull out if here around noon or 1 so we wouldnt get there so late.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Ill call you later this week we are going to try and pull out if here around noon or 1 so we wouldnt get there so late.

OK just let me know what time to expect you. I can cook if its late or if you just want the best tasting food available to mankind but you'll have more options if you can get in earlier.

Chuck I just read your note. I won't install the injectors. I'll send them up with the engine and let them be installed up there.

I plan on doing a few touches to the engine myself before it leaves here as well... Nice paint job/detail should look good going in a new car! ;)

Sean, I need to know what time you plan on arriving here Saturday because I have to look at a few houses Saturday with Gina and the kids around noon so I think we should be good...

Hey scot. I think you should be good with that. We will call you when we know a definate eta.

Casey

Hey scot. I think you should be good with that. We will call you when we know a definate eta.

Casey

Thanks Casey....please do.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I plan on doing a few touches to the engine myself before it leaves here as well... Nice paint job/detail should look good going in a new car! ;)

Awesome dude. I got one question. Can you put this on it?:)
a.aaa-Tailgate-Mural-Fail.jpg