Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Yes...my good buddy turbojoe1 is going to grab the new Nasty Wendy hood and deliver it to Shawn at the track this Sunday. This is another big step in getting all the items for this car in the same state...then we can get it built!!!

OK guys I received a cash donation from m220roller. Scot I will deposit this into my account and paypal it in with a note letting you know it was from him. $150. Wow. I'm out of ways to say it but you guys amaze me.
Great donation.

Good to hear that you received the money.I was kind of worried there for awhile.So Im in

Yeah man it got here just fine. Thanks for the help. I am embarrassed that I got your screen name wrong though. I'll have to go get a cat scan as I usually remember screen names better than you guy's real names. Something tells me that my screen name is pretty easy to remember too. LOL.:)

Progress and setback.

Progress - the title arrived in the mail and I can now get the insurance ball rolling and the licence plate.
Setback - My eBay borescope arrived and the company sent the wrong size. It won't fit in the sparkplug hole so I have to await shipment of another. I'm going to pay for quick shipping to keep on schedule.

Now that everyone's got Clay's car starting to come together I will remind the guys that've contributed there is another charity request going on now. Our own GNGAL is looking for donations to help with the Shriners hospital. This is for kids that are sick or injured and need help Not trying to taint Clay's thread but these kids do need help and no child should ever suffer because there isn't any help for them.;)

Sorry for the hijack Clay but I have a soft spot for kids.:)

Sorry, but this is not a charity thread. This is helping a car guy out. I get bombarded with mail, email, and phone calls for every charity under the sun.
If members want to donate, that's fine, but we are far from our goal here.
I still have hours and hours and hours of work on this.
We need more donations here still.
As far as I am aware guys...we are making history here.
Lets keep it going!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

[B said:
Setback[/B] - My eBay borescope arrived and the company sent the wrong size. It won't fit in the sparkplug hole so I have to await shipment of another. I'm going to pay for quick shipping to keep on schedule.

which borescope did you get and let us know how well it works. thanks...

Ha ha Charlie, you have a soft spot for kids but you're ready with the duct tape.

This thread has so many views, there's nothing wrong with a friendly reminder from a mod of what's going on in other threads. Help is help anyway you cut it. I've donated and want to see the car get finished too.

which borescope did you get and let us know how well it works. thanks...

They are all over ebay for 20ish dollars. They are digital with led lights. I just need to confirm that there is no rust or anything on the cylinder walls from sitting up. The one they sent me has a 10mm head which is to big to get into the sparkplug hole. The one that I'm awaiting arrival has a 7mm camera head. You install this simple app onto your computer/laptop/tablet and plug in the usb borescope and look inside your engine. I'll try to post pics when it gets here. I believe you can capture video with it as well. Here is the one I'm waiting on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/40053985611...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

thats a pretty cool little gizmo, let us know how it works.

real borescopes have a trigger that (i believe) moves a mirror so you can look at the underside of the heads and all around inside there. The eBay unit seems a bit simpler.

but for 20.00, how can you lose....? (unless they send you the wrong one)

:)

Bob

Send me the injs...I'll see if they are fubar'd.

Will do Chuck. Thanks. They were new back then. 60 lbs. I don't suspect they suffered any damage but its always great to know for sure. Given whats riding on them firing properly this is a great service.

I have a question
In knowing what went on
To cause this tragedy.
Is everyone still buying from
GBODY? Is this just going to be swept under the rug . ?

I have a question
In knowing what went on
To cause this tragedy.

That's an interesting question but I don't believe it belongs in this thread. Just my 2¢

That's an interesting question but I don't believe it belongs in this thread. Just my 2¢
Very good Troy...
No mention of fault or the other thread is permitted here.

I have a question
In knowing what went on
To cause this tragedy.

For obvious reasons my opinion on this is very biased. What I am willing to say is that if I read about them doing this to a fellow board member I would source everything I could from somewhere other than them. I'd do my best not to spend a red cent there. This is my opinion and what my actions would be. I believe in order to continue this discussion in bare minimum a new thread needs to be made....if not altogether taken to a different board. This thread was started by Scot W with instruction to keep things positive. While I encourage the discussion you bring up I don't think this is where it should happen.

Very good Troy...
No mention of fault or the other thread is permitted here.

Sounds like gbodys got the cops in his back pocket. ;)

I posted earlier that I would be up for wrenching or any other help as I was in New Orleans, but work has taken me to Texas and sounds like I'll be heading west from here. Best of luck and wish I could have see the unveiling!