Help-Going to do a budget rebuild the target is 11.99 at least once.

Charlie just for you
look at what i found in my 2.5 car size shed

Attachments

• 8445 Heads internet.JPG
    8445 Heads internet.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,390
Charlie just for you
look at what i found in my 2.5 car size shed

YEA!!! Now you know where they were at least.:biggrin: Tear them apart and have them cleaned and cracked ASAP David.:smile: I may not get them right away but clean heads are much easier to work on after all.

the bad news is that i won't be able to do anything with them till i am done with my rear:mad::mad::mad:

Preperation H may help you some David.:tongue::biggrin:

YEA!!! Now you know where they were at least.:biggrin: Tear them apart and have them cleaned and cracked ASAP David.:smile: I may not get them right away but clean heads are much easier to work on after all.

Preperation H may help you some David.:tongue::biggrin:

Should i put a big crack on it or a little one:confused:

haha ha :mad:

i'll keep you posted dude
BTW they are now in the hallway:eek: the wife is already asking "when are you going to get that junk out of there?"

That’s funny I’ve had a turbo sitting in the bathroom for about two month now the wife asks me every day at least once when I’ll be taking it back to the garage. Funny thing is I don’t know why I carried it in there in the first place.

That’s funny I’ve had a turbo sitting in the bathroom for about two month now the wife asks me every day at least once when I’ll be taking it back to the garage. Funny thing is I don’t know why I carried it in there in the first place.

lol... you should see my house.

A.j.

I have a bedroom for car parts so I get in trouble if they find them selves in any other part of the house.

lol

I swear it wasn't even 2 minutes minutes ago my wife asked about my stage 2 heads and intake being in the kitchen. I had my lights on it looking for markings and getting ready to cc the heads. I think they are a little small. I get warned all the time about bringing parts into the house. Thank goodness for a stainless steel sinks..:D

Before my current setup...

Back in the day I used the kitchen sink for a parts washer. One day she had candle burning and I was using brakleen...boom....got some burns and kicked out of there for good.:D

I just ran consistent 11.7s @ 115mph last night at Cecil County Dragway and my GN just rolled over 115,000 original miles. All Ive done to the engine are Comp 980 valvesprings and a new double roller timing chain. Im assuming the engine is 100% stock other than those items.

PS - When my buddies and myself did the rear main seal (the first time:mad:), we saw no evidence of a rebuild. Take that for what it's worth.

Do i NEED steel main caps to run 11.50s reliably on a full weight DD?

the build is going to be

rest of the Combo should look close to this.
1-Roller cam
2-FWD Roller lifters
3-Fully ported OE heads
4-Port matched intake with the EGR stuff gone
5-TT93 Alky chip or Reds Chip
6-60# injectors
7-ALKY
8-Stock headers
9-Dutt Neck IC
10-RJC PP
11-Smallest turbo possible
12-3 inch TH type DP
and all of the supporting mods for my goals

thanks for all your help guys.

Do i NEED steel main caps to run 11.50s reliably on a full weight DD?

the build is going to be

rest of the Combo should look close to this.
1-Roller cam
2-FWD Roller lifters
3-Fully ported OE heads
4-Port matched intake with the EGR stuff gone
5-TT93 Alky chip or Reds Chip
6-60# injectors
7-ALKY
8-Stock headers
9-Dutt Neck IC
10-RJC PP
11-Smallest turbo possible
12-3 inch TH type DP
and all of the supporting mods for my goals

thanks for all your help guys.

No you don't need steel main caps to run 11.50's, as a matter of fact the list you have should easilly get you close to your 11.50's.

I can tell you what I had when I was running 11.60's @ 117.5:

TE44 turbo
FMIC
MSD50's
THDP (open)
114 race gas
27# boost
25° WOT timing

THat's it!! The motor was bone stock with over 100,000 miles.

The biggest secret to good ET's is the launch and 60' time (sub 1.7's)
and the high mph was thanks to a good multi disc torque converter that handled the WOT TCC lockups for the 50+ runs I made per year.

for my goals of easy 11.50s which roller cam should i get?

Again the car will be a DD with Vacuum assisted brakes.
thanks for your replies and help.
David

Happened to me, lasted about a week. I had one of those "work on your own stuff to save on labor" relationships. My builder at the time made me wash down the block by hand real good. It was a cloudy 40* evening and it started to rain as I was finishing up.

I got a hyd roller then! That was almost ten years ago and I still use the same lifters, and have the cam. Using a different grind now but I could pop it in if needed. I haven't had a cam problem since. I always tell people, "will the guy that convinced you to install a flat tappet pay for the damage when you wipe a lobe? "

for my goals of easy 11.50s which roller cam should i get?

Again the car will be a DD with Vacuum assisted brakes.
thanks for your replies and help.
David

i would think that a 206/206 should be fine for your goals. I had a 218/212 that idled close to a stocker. The 224 that I have now idles very good too.